Virginia Catholic Bishop: 'No One' Is Transgender

31,028 Views | 707 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by ramblin_ag02
chuckd
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
PacifistAg said:

chuckd said:

PacifistAg said:

chuckd said:

PacifistAg said:

chuckd said:

Quote:

Nope. Not remotely true. Probably best not to listen to someone on this topic when they don't even know what "transition" means.
I believe in another thread you and I discussed what it means (may have been this thread). That it was a combination of hormone therapy, your legal name/sex change, your surgery, and recognition from family and friends that you are a woman.
Actually, transition will look different for everyone. It's really going to depend on the severity of the dysphoria. This was one area where Mark Yarhouse's book was helpful for me. Some people can't medically transition. I would not say that family/friend recognition has anything to do with it. My family could have rejected me wholesale, including my wife and kids. It wouldn't have negated my transition.
I would think the social component of it would be important. Otherwise you could be a narcissist.

Do you view the hormone therapy as medically transitioning into a woman?
I would say hormone therapy is one component of medical transition.
What are other components?
Some examples are things like surgical intervention...gender confirmation surgery, "top" surgery, etc. Most trans people don't undergo surgical intervention, primarily due to costs since trans people suffer from a lot of employment discrimination, which results in lack of medical insurance (most plans will now cover GCS). Other surgeries are unfortunately typically considered cosmetic, although BCBS doesn't consider procedures like facial feminization, and other such surgeries cosmetic, so they've started covering though. They see them less cosmetic and more corrective.
I take it by this that "transition" is a process that can never be complete.
Redstone
AG
Quote:

children to receive the treatment they need. Sometimes that could involve the side effect of sterilization.

One other point from your honest and demonic summary (again, kudos for not hiding this):

How many children - and I'll again type that word, children - "resolve," both into homosexuality, and into an acceptance of their obvious and quite real gender?
diehard03
it's probably simpler to establish transitioning relative to what gender you're presenting. It seems logical that someone would begin presenting and then learning what other things they want to change...and that would be outside of the initial, main transition process.
chuckd
AG
That's what I mean that it can never be complete.
diehard03
Quote:

You're probably being a little overly legalistic on it to try and discredit Pacifist in someway. She's provided more than enough evidence of that in other ways.
PacifistAg
AG
Redstone said:

Quote:

children to receive the treatment they need. Sometimes that could involve the side effect of sterilization.

What else is there to say about this Satanic delusion?

A concise summary. Kudos to your honestly.

Wake up, parents and caregivers.
Honest question...are you opposed to any medical treatment a child may receive if it could result in their inability to have children later in life? Because you seem really hung up on recognized medical treatment that could result in infertility. But there are any number of medical conditions, when treated, that could result in infertility.

This goes back to your fixation on children being able to breed. Your fixation is really sick, man. Whether or not a child can have children later on in life is 1) none of your damn business, and 2) a decision for them to make in light of the severity of their current situation w/ regards to dysphoria. It also goes to how ignorant you are as to how painful gender dysphoria is. You have no comprehension of what it entails, so you think medical intervention is unnecessary, but for many of us, medical intervention is absolutely necessary. These aren't decisions made flippantly. These are hard decisions that are made with all the information available...information that you don't have and about a condition (gender dysphoria) of which you are grotesquely ignorant.

So yeah, you can keep presenting it as though we want to sterilize kids. It just goes to show how much of a liar you are. When you are devoid of any integrity, you lie about the "other" as you and certain other posters here do habitually. We don't see these children in terms of their ability to procreate. Those of us who know what they're going through are sympathetic because we know the agony they suffer. We know that medical intervention helps. Yes, as with medical intervention with ANY condition, there are side effects. Whether or not they're willing to suffer the side effects is their call, not yours.

So, why are you so arrogant as to think that you know better for these kids than they do, than their parents do, or than their doctors do?
chuckd
AG
diehard03 said:

Quote:

You're probably being a little overly legalistic on it to try and discredit Pacifist in someway. She's provided more than enough evidence of that in other ways.
How do you mean?
Redstone
AG
Of course not. This is contextual, as is so much of medicine. By whose and what ethic?

The Apostolic, in my case, opposed for example to much of the old "mainline Protestant" and "Jewish" medical ethic that brought us abortion 70 years ago in NY state (which both Bernard Nathanson and the Rockefellers talked about in depth).

We all appeal to an authority and have assumptions and we all make judgments from there…..

"Is your god "Science!"
?
Redstone
AG
Quote:

This goes back to your fixation on children being able to breed. Your fixation is really sick, man.

Wrong.

THIS IS THE SICKNESS

Quote:

PacifistAg
AG
Redstone said:

Of course not. This is contextual, as is so much of medicine. By whose and what ethic?

The Apostolic, in my case, opposed for example to much of the old "mainline Protestant" and "Jewish" medical ethic that brought us abortion 70 years ago in NY state (which both Bernard Nathanson and the Rockefellers talked about in depth).

We all appeal to an authority and have assumptions and we all make judgments from there…..

"Is your god "Science!"
?
No, my God is the triune God.

So, in other words, you're making a "contextual" judgement about treating a condition that you don't understand. You're making a "contextual" judgement about treating a condition that you don't even try to understand. And you call those who actually understand what these kids are actually going through "satanic" because you are making a "contextual" judgement about something that, again, you don't understand.

There's nothing about being transgender that violates scripture. My transition is not sinful. It saved my life. It helped me draw deeper into my faith. This has nothing to do with abortion, so you can stop with the silliness of throwing that out there as if these are anywhere remotely similar. This is like any medical condition that can be treated via medical intervention. Yes, there are side effects, and whether or not one is willing to take on those side effects is up to them...not you.

So, that leads to restating my previous question...why are you so arrogant as to think you know better for these kids than they do (especially when you are ignorant of their condition), than their parents, and than their medical teams?
PacifistAg
AG
Redstone said:

Quote:

This goes back to your fixation on children being able to breed. Your fixation is really sick, man.

Wrong.

THIS IS THE SICKNESS

Quote:

There you go again about seeing them only as breeders.

They have an issue that can be addressed medically. Yes, there are side effects, as there are with any medical treatment. You can't cure gender dysphoria by conversion therapy. it's why every major medical association supports medical intervention. You'll say it's "appeal to authority". Yes, I'm appealing to trained medical professionals of medical issues. I'm not going to appeal to people who see children only in terms of breeding.
Redstone
AG
Quote:

Then stop hurting children by the direct advocacy you have detailed here.

Before I respond, please address the question I just asked regarding resolution. And yes there's plenty of research on that, which I'm sure you are informed of.
Redstone
AG
Quote:

sexual predators

Do you believe I am a sexual predator? Should the Staff need to warn you again?
PacifistAg
AG
Redstone said:

Quote:

Then stop hurting children by the direct advocacy you have detailed here.

Before I respond, please address the question I just asked regarding resolution. And yes there's plenty of research on that, which I'm sure you are informed of.
I'm not hurting children. That's the thing. You see them solely in terms of their ability to procreate, so you think the side effects of treatment is the end-all-be-all. You ignore the benefits of the treatment. You ignore the positives it brings them. I know what they're going through. I know that medical intervention helps them. Or more accurately, I trust them, their doctors, and their parents to make the best decision for them. You want to infringe upon that because you are incapable of seeing them as anything other than prospective breeders. You're sick. You want them to suffer just so they may pop out kids later.
PacifistAg
AG
Redstone said:

Quote:

sexual predators

Do you believe I am a sexual predator? Should the Staff need to warn you again?
Edited to avoid confusion. I wasn't calling you a sexual predator, although I think the way you see children is problematic.
PacifistAg
AG
chuckd said:

I wouldn't say that. I guess it depends on how you define completion. I will always be on hormone therapy. But there may come a time, and who knows, I may be there, where no further procedures are needed. Is that "complete" in how you're seeing it? Is "complete" when the dysphoria is no longer an issue, but you'd still like work done?

I typically just say that I've "transitioned". I don't say "I'm transitioning". I'm fairly content now in terms of my dysphoria. I'm no longer suicidal. I will say that transitioning saved my life. Are there other things I'd like to do? Of course. Will I? Well, it depends on insurance.
Redstone
AG
Seems like quite a lot of effort, expenses, chemicals. Is nature trying to tell you anything?

Second, if a physical anthropologist examined our remains a century from now, then I would be very easily identified as a male. The scientific method would give this result. Do you have a sense of what your hypothetical examination might reveal?
Redstone
AG
For anyone interested in my mention of Bailey, a very prominent researcher:

https://quillette.com/2021/09/07/the-truth-about-autogynephilia/
PacifistAg
AG

Quote:

Seems like quite a lot of effort, expenses, chemicals. Is nature trying to tell you anything?
"Chemotherapy, bone marrow transplants...man that seems like quite a lot of effort, expenses, and chemicals. Is nature trying to tell you something? You should just let the cancer kill you."

You may not get it. Heck, you obviously don't get it, but it's absolutely worth it to me. It was lifesaving to me. Plus, it's really none of your damn business if it's worth it or not for another person to undergo medical treatment that's supported by the entire medical community. That's a decision solely for the patient, doctor, and guardian (if necessary). You have no moral or legal right to interfere with that decision.

Quote:

Second, if a physical anthropologist examined our remains a century from now, then I would be very easily identified as a male. The scientific method would give this result. Do you have a sense of what your hypothetical examination might reveal?
Irrelevant, and it's so odd that you're hung up on this. You keep acting as if this is some major gotcha by arguing something that no trans person is arguing. But it also depends on if said anthropologist understands the difference between sex and gender. But, again, this is an irrelevant question.

I've wasted way too much of my time arguing with someone who simply has exhibited that they have no interest in understanding the subject. It's why you keep peddling pseudo-scientific theories that aren't supported by the greater scientific community, such as autogynephalia and ROGD.

The Case Against Autogynephalia

Even in Blanchard's study, the vast majority of trans women didn't even fit into his categories, so he simply said they were "misreporting" their experiences. Bailey, who you seem to believe is widely respected in the psychology community, hides behind "most gender patients lie". So, what you have is a pseudo-scientific theory that rejects all counter-evidence as simply being a case of the trans person being dishonest. Or as Bailey also says, "the most common way that autogynephiles mislead others is by denying the erotic components of their gender bending".

No wonder you're so drawn to hacks like Bailey. They simply ignore any counter-evidence, stick their fingers in their ears, and scream "nuh uh! You're just lying!". There's nothing a trans woman can say to defend against this crackpot theory when it'll just be written off as us lying about our own experiences. Even Ray Blanchard distanced himself from Bailey because of Bailey's unsupported certainty on the Blanchard's theory. Here's a slew of studies that counter Bailey's "research": The real "autogynephilia deniers" | Whipping Girl (juliaserano.blogspot.com)

Not to mention, Bailey wrote his book in 2003, and he continues to ignore all evidence and research post-2005 which counters his theory, which again is largely based on accusing all trans women who don't fall into his categories (the vast majority) of lying.

But yes, keep hiding behind a guy who peddles pseudo-science, and who was pressured to resign and even had a class canceled after he had a guest speaker penetrate a woman with a sex toy in front of class. Also, his peers were critical of his unscientific methods, and he had multiple complaints filed by his subjects: Untitled Document (umich.edu).

Here's even more problematic issues with Blanchard's theory, which Bailey is just picking up and running with:

Quote:

The problems with this taxonomy are numerous.

The first is that Ray Blanchard never actually compared his results with a control group, which to anyone acquainted with the scientific method is a pretty egregious oversight. When Dr. Charles Moser did just that and posed Blanchard's survey to cisgender women, he found that 93% of cisgender women classified as "autogynephilic." If we were to accept AGP as a valid scientific theory, we would have to claim that 93% of cisgender women are suffering from a pandemic of "erotic location errors." In other words, all Blanchard "discovered" was that most women pictured themselves with breasts and vulvae in their sexual fantasies, and are frequently aroused by the interactions they imagine with said characteristics.

Quote:

The second is that Blanchard's claim that we can be neatly sorted into a strict binary (like that's never gone poorly before) is not corroborated by his own data. Subjects from his own studies frequently defied his two-type taxonomy, and Blanchard's response to this was to accuse those subjects of lying. In other words, Blanchard's own methodology rendered his theory unfalsifiable, because if you contradicted the model you were considered an outlier to be dismissed. You don't need to know the scientific method to know that if your "rules" are riddled with exceptions then they ain't rules at all, but for the record, the possibility of being falsified is necessary for a theory to be considered scientific.

Quote:

Theories that can't be falsified are better known as pseudoscience, which is a more polite way of saying "hot steaming bull*****" For example, when Dr. Jaimie Veale applies Blanchard's AGP questionnaire to trans women, Veale finds a broad range of sexual orientation among both those whose sexual fantasies feature themselves with breasts and vulvae as well as those whose fantasies do not. Dr. Veale concludes "they show little support for a taxonomy, which contradicts previous theory that has suggested MF transsexuals' sexuality is typological." In other words, Dr. Veale wasn't able to locate any reliable correlation when she refused to dismiss half her data.

Quote:

Simply put: Because it's easier than becoming acquainted with the background knowledge necessary to actually understand Blanchard's work. Just shout "bad trans!" and you "win."
This last quote is a perfect description of you, and a great example as to why you embrace such pseudo-science.

Do I need to keep going? People like you will embrace theories like ROGD and autogynephalia, not because they are sound scientific theories (their methodologies and rejection of the scientific method have been widely detailed), but because of confirmation bias. They agree with what you want to hear, therefore they're legitimate. But they're theories that are either dependent on purposely not talking to trans people (ROGD) or accusing the vast majority of trans people of simply lying about their experiences (autogynephalia). They are studies that had their conclusions written before even beginning the "study". You simply agree with their conclusions, so the fundamental flaws in how they get there is irrelevant to you.
PacifistAg
AG
I do want to touch on this again:

Quote:

This is a great example of why you have zero credibility on the subject, and why I believe you sincerely wish harm upon the trans community. To you, taking lifesaving steps is simply "quite a lot of effort" and that we should simply let "nature" run its course. You'd seemingly rather trans people engage in self-harm than go through the effort of combating the issues they face.

I had reached the point where I had even asked my wife and kids to sit with me while I slowly die. The pain had simply become unbearable. We knew it was a matter of when, not if, I took my life. I was terrified of dying alone though. I was terrified of my family walking in on my body. I wanted them to sit with me as I slowly drifted off and we could say goodbye. Now, this will undoubtedly lead certain habitual liars to jump in and say I'm engaging in emotional blackmail, or whatever nonsense they call it when a trans person is simply honest about where they were. Transitioning, though, saved my life. The mental fog that had enveloped me went away. The depression and suicidal ideation went away. I haven't had any desires for self-harm for a couple years now. The "treatment" worked, but to you, that "treatment" was just "too much effort" and that I should have deferred to your understanding of "nature". Your approach would have undoubtedly ended with my death, and I honestly believe you would be fine with that. In your view, it would be better that I die pretending to be a man (essentially conversion therapy torture) than to live a happy, healthy, fulfilling life as the person I truly am.
PacifistAg
AG
To put the problems with these pseudoscientific theories in terms that may make it easier to understand:

ROGD: this is like conducting a survey of Aggies to ask about their perceptions of t-sips. Based on the reported perceptions of Aggies that t-sips are effeminate communist pedophiles, you develop a theory that says t-sips are effeminate communist pedophiles. All while never actually interviewing a single t-sip to see if such perceptions were remotely valid.

AGP: this is like concocting a theory that all t-sips are either communist pedophiles, or they are atheists who want to push their elderly grandmother down the stairs. When the researcher interviews t-sips, and the vast majority sips raise their hands and say "but I don't fall into either category. I'm a conservative Christian who volunteers to spend my free time with elderly people at my church", the researcher says "no, you're just lying about your experiences. You're really a communist pedophile who hates his grandmother".

But then Aggies, who love the conclusions of these studies because they conform to our contempt of that school in Austin, take these studies and present them to the rest of the world as valid science. And, in the same spirit of the studies, simply accuse any pushback as the result of lies.

That is the depth of "science" that people like redstone, AGC, and others have pushed here in this forum.
Redstone
AG
So, the same continuation of the devolution of terms - especially "treatment" and "harm."

And I think we all know the answer to the physical anthropologist question.
PacifistAg
AG
Redstone said:

So, the same continuation of the devolution of terms - especially "treatment" and "harm."

And I think we all know the answer to the physical anthropologist question.

No devolution of terms at all. They are the accurate terms. Just because you are grotesquely ignorant on the subject doesn't make the terms incorrect. I notice you conveniently ignore the complete refutation of the pseudoscience you peddle.
Redstone
AG
Not ignoring anything whatsoever being on mobile and traveling.

Chromosomes and physical anthropology tells the story of reality - should we only be materialist. Believe in science, trust the science, or no?
PacifistAg
AG
What you keep presenting as "science" (see ROGD and AGP) aren't, which leads me to question your understanding of what science is. Keep ignoring though.

At the very least, I pray you'll repent of your lies and stop peddling easily debunked pseudoscience. Until then, you have zero credibility
Redstone
AG
Huh

PacifistAg
AG
Goodness, you will believe anything. It's even funnier given that you started a thread, bumped it, and have accused people who have repeatedly refuted every nonsensical argument you've made of being "satanic" or "evil", so now you're going to shift the goalposts and accuse trans people of being a narcissist based on a theory posited by someone that flowed from already debunked pseudoscience. All because they debunked Bailey's pseudoscience.

Not only are there red flags elsewhere, but you're just someone who is not intelligent, easily duped, and lacks any shred of character.
Redstone
AG
I didn't start the thread but am glad its being read.

I will retract not a single shred and we will see you I'm sure from time to time. It is illuminating, isn't it.
Redstone
AG
Also, in case you were still questioning, the answer to the physical anthropologist hypothetical of a century hence …

In your case, as in mine, the answer is "male"
PacifistAg
AG
Redstone said:

I didn't start the thread but am glad its being read.

I will retract not a single shred and we will see you I'm sure from time to time. It is illuminating, isn't it.
My bad. It was a different troll who started it. Oh, I don't expect you to retract anything. You have no character. You would need some integrity to admit that what you've said is categorically false, but since you don't, you won't. It is illuminating, especially with regards to how you see children.

But go ahead and continue to peddle your debunked pseudoscience. I'll just keep debunking it as you do. You are ignorant, and like that pigeon playing chess, I don't expect you to do anything but **** all over the board while puffing your chest.
Redstone
AG
We have argued like the men we both are - with energy and vigor.
PacifistAg
AG
Redstone said:

We have argued like the men we both are - with energy and vigor.
Ah so you're now at this point. You can't actually defend your position, so you're trying to anger me by intentionally misgendering me. It's a sign of your weak intellect, so have at it. It just speaks volumes about you.
Redstone
AG
Or, perhaps as I already mentioned tonight, I'm traveling internationally at present.

Is the photo just above apt?
PacifistAg
AG
Redstone said:

Is the photo just above apt?
Nope. Whoever wrote that nonsense is diagnosing "narcissist" tendencies based on pushing back against Bailey's debunked junk "science".

It would be a clever tactic if it weren't so transparently sad:

• Concoct pseudoscientific theory not supported by any real science
  • Accuse the majority of subjects who don't fit into the categories set by theory of lying
  • Pseudoscience upsets people, especially those subjects that were accused of lying, because it is used to target group
  • When pseudoscience is debunked, then claim the people who were upset are narcissist and proof of theory, and that "researcher" is persecuted

So no, it's not remotely apt. It's really just gaslighting dressed up with pseudointellectual language. Even Blanchard distanced himself from Bailey. You concoct a theory about a group of people that denies their existence and paints them as sexual fetishists, then you accuse all those who don't fit into your arbitrary categories of being liars, which will naturally upset those you've accused of being fetishists and liars. Then you use that reaction to accuse them of bein narcissists, and that their narcissism is proof of your debunked theory? Gtfo w/ that gaslighting nonsense.

Heck, it would be like me accusing you of being a sexual predator (I'm not), you get upset, then I point to your anger to diagnose you as a narcissist and that it's proof of you being a predator.
Redstone
AG
OK. Happy to highlight the work of J. Michael Bailey, the leftist social liberal at the very pinnacle of his profession, as well as Abigail Shrier - who has gathered so MANY first-hand testimonies, INCLUDING from the doctors who pioneered some of the surgeries you've championed! (ie https://bariweiss.substack.com/p/top-trans-doctors-blow-the-whistle )

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.