Virginia Catholic Bishop: 'No One' Is Transgender

30,992 Views | 707 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by ramblin_ag02
Joe Boudain
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PacifistAg said:

Well, they are that amazing.

I actually edited to include the part of keeping depression at bay. The breast thing happened while editing.

Edited to say I understand your objection to thaat edit. The Taliban hates breasts.
Vanity of Vanities all is Vanity.
PacifistAg
AG
Taliban Joe doesn't have a sense of humor. I'm shocked!
chuckd
AG
PacifistAg said:

I'm still curious what they claim my sin is. Taking medicine that cured my depression and suicidal ideation (or at least keep it at bay)? It also have me amazing breasts, so maybe that's it. Or is it my clothes? I mean, I do look fabulous today, and that may cause some to stumble. Or is it my pronoun usage? Can't be my marriage, because they consider me a man and I'm married to a woman.
Is this the transition that satisfied you? Breasts, clothes, and pronouns?
Beer Baron
AG

Quote:

Do you believe that Christians should reject the bible and embrace the idea that all behaviors and lifestyles are moral and acceptable to God?

They can do whatever they want. And plenty of them do, since as a group Christians can't seem to get a unified, coherent position put together on just about anything including this. I'm just told on here quite a bit that God totally loves gay people he just hates gay sex. Straight Christians seem to have a very inflated sense of how much time we spend doing that.
AGC
AG
Beer Baron said:

Quote:

Problem with gay/trans is that the sin never falls out of your life if you act on it.
Are my husband and I sinning when we're on the couch watching Netflix? How about when we walk our dogs? Are Aggie football games together ok? Dinner, as long as it's not to celebrate an anniversary?

This question can only be difficult if there are morally neutral acts. However I'm not sure the Christian would agree to that. All things in life orient you towards something. If it's towards your own will rather than God's this question no longer appears to be difficult to answer.

If I spent my life reading enneageam books many Christians would say it's not a sin. However I must evaluate what it replaces and how it shapes and forms me. If it becomes my life and lense then surely it is not beneficial or within the will of God. I'm not sure that it makes the single act of reading Richard rohr a sin, though it may orient and incline me towards it.
chuckd
AG
As far as gender dysphoria in the Bible, several passages speak of men being masculine and women being feminine.
M1Buckeye
Beer Baron said:

Quote:

Do you believe that Christians should reject the bible and embrace the idea that all behaviors and lifestyles are moral and acceptable to God?

They can do whatever they want. And plenty of them do, since as a group Christians can't seem to get a unified, coherent position put together on just about anything including this. I'm just told on here quite a bit that God totally loves gay people he just hates gay sex. Straight Christians seem to have a very inflated sense of how much time we spend doing that.

Do you believe in God?
PacifistAg
AG
Goodness. No it isn't about the breasts, clothes, or pronouns. What has satisfied me is finally being "right". What has satisfied me is not struggling daily with depression and suicidal thoughts. What has satisfied me is drawing closer with my Lord. What has satisfied me is the healthier relationship with my wife and kids.
chuckd
AG
PacifistAg said:

Goodness. No it isn't about the breasts, clothes, or pronouns. What has satisfied me is finally being "right". What has satisfied me is not struggling daily with depression and suicidal thoughts. What has satisfied me is drawing closer with my Lord. What has satisfied me is the healthier relationship with my wife and kids.
What exactly did you do to be "right"? You said you transitioned, but that can mean a myriad of things.
Beer Baron
AG

Quote:

Do you believe in God?

Nope. Not yours and not any of the other ones either.
M1Buckeye
Satan rebelled against God and now he seeks to lead ALL of us astray from God be also rebelling against what God wants.

Of course, for those that don't believe in God, there is no Godly standard nor morals with which to be concerned.
PacifistAg
AG
I have always found it telling that nobody ever questioned my faith when I was a verbally abusive *******. Never once do I recall someone on F16 telling me, as Gigem01, that the way I acted meant I can't be a Christian. I was a bad spouse and bad parent. I was violent (not with my family). Arrested on multiple occasions for public intoxication.

None of that ever caused anyone to question my faith. But now? I get that nonsense daily.
Beer Baron
AG

Quote:

This question can only be difficult if there are morally neutral acts. However I'm not sure the Christian would agree to that. All things in life orient you towards something. If it's towards your own will rather than God's this question no longer appears to be difficult to answer.

If I spent my life reading enneageam books many Christians would say it's not a sin. However I must evaluate what it replaces and how it shapes and forms me. If it becomes my life and lense then surely it is not beneficial or within the will of God. I'm not sure that it makes the single act of reading Richard rohr a sin, though it may orient and incline me towards it.
This reads as "I'm a generally reasonable person with an unreasonable stance and I actually get your point intellectually so I have to come up with a way to make it all fit together in my head in a way that makes sense to me." I do appreciate the effort though.
M1Buckeye
Beer Baron said:

Quote:

Do you believe in God?

Nope. Not yours and not any of the other ones either.

Ok. So anything goes and anything is "ok".
PacifistAg
AG
Here, you can read my story here: https://nataliegracedrew.wixsite.com/findingnatalie/post/this-is-my-story-pt-1
chuckd
AG
Is there another place that doesn't require my phone number and downloading an app?
Beer Baron
AG

Quote:

No, but that argument has already been had on here hundreds of times anyway.
M1Buckeye
PacifistAg said:

I have always found it telling that nobody ever questioned my faith when I was a verbally abusive *******. Never once do I recall someone on F16 telling me, as Gigem01, that the way I acted meant I can't be a Christian. I was a bad spouse and bad parent. I was violent (not with my family). Arrested on multiple occasions for public intoxication.

None of that ever caused anyone to question my faith. But now? I get that nonsense daily.

We're all sinners. We're all wretched. Jesus will heal us and bring us all together in his kingdom.
PacifistAg
AG
Fixed the link
M1Buckeye
Beer Baron said:

Quote:

No, but that argument has already been had on here hundreds of times anyway.

If there is no creator then we all make up our own morality. There is no universal standard of right and wrong. But I hear you and I won't belabor the point.
AGC
AG
Beer Baron said:

Quote:

This reads as "I'm a generally reasonable person with an unreasonable stance and I actually get your point intellectually so I have to come up with a way to make it all fit together in my head in a way that makes sense to me." I do appreciate the effort though.

I believe it's entirely consistent with what I've posted before. We all worship something. If you orient your life around going to concerts that's not inherently bad. But over time you have to think about the words you sing and if they change how you think (they do). You need to evaluate if it keeps you from church in the morning, or exercise, or other beneficial things. Do you stop spending time with family because of it? All things we do orient us towards something. It's like the old axiom about tell me who your friends are and I'll tell you who you are. It's not a sin to spend time with those friends, but you are changed by it and not always how you want to be.
Beer Baron
AG

Quote:

I believe it's entirely consistent with what I've posted before
Considering a vast majority of your posts read that way to me, we are 100% in agreement on this.
chuckd
AG
PacifistAg said:

Here, you can read my story here: https://nataliegracedrew.wixsite.com/findingnatalie/post/this-is-my-story-pt-1
From the story, I take it the transition was a combination of hormone therapy and a recognition from some of your family and friends that you are a woman.
RAB91
Beer Baron said:

Quote:

That's easy.... God 'hates' all types of sin that separate us from him, but he will never stop loving us no matter how much we sin. And for this conversation it applies to anyone who has sex outside of the marriage between a man and woman.
PacifistAg
AG
chuckd said:

PacifistAg said:

From the story, I take it the transition was a combination of hormone therapy and a recognition from some of your family and friends that you are a woman.

Well there is hormone therapy. There's also legal changes. I've had one surgery. Whether or not family recognize the reality that I'm a woman, though, is immaterial. Family could have still completely rejected me, and it wouldn't have negated the transition. In fact, both my wife and I have had family completely cut us from their lives. Their recognition isn't needed. I've socially transitioned, go to work as myself.

But in all, I just live my life like any person. I just now get to do it without crushing depression. Oh, and I am going to be in an upcoming book, so that's cool.
M1Buckeye
PacifistAg said:

chuckd said:

PacifistAg said:

Well there is hormone therapy. There's also legal changes. I've had one surgery. Whether or not family recognize the reality that I'm a woman, though, is immaterial. Family could have still completely rejected me, and it wouldn't have negated the transition. In fact, both my wife and I have had family completely cut us from their lives. Their recognition isn't needed. I've socially transitioned, go to work as myself.

But in all, I just live my life like any person. I just now get to do it without crushing depression. Oh, and I am going to be in an upcoming book, so that's cool.

So you "transitioned" from a man to a woman and then legally married a woman?
AGC
AG
Beer Baron said:

Quote:

I believe it's entirely consistent with what I've posted before
Considering a vast majority of your posts read that way to me, we are 100% in agreement on this.

Considering what you wrote about me is a generic job description for a lawyer, I'll defer to your personal and professional expertise in recognizing and applying it.
PacifistAg
AG
M1Buckeye said:

PacifistAg said:

chuckd said:

PacifistAg said:

No need for scare quotes. Lol

I've been married to the same woman for 17 years. I'm not sure how you possibly come up with that question from what I said. It does highlight that you know nothing about me, yet continue to spew ignorance about my situation.
chuckd
AG
PacifistAg said:

chuckd said:

PacifistAg said:

But hormones and legal changes don't make you a woman, right? It sounds like the relief of suicidal thoughts and depression comes from the opportunity to openly dress and act like a woman instead of hiding it from people.
Joe Boudain
I think we need to agree on terminology as well before we even have this argument.

Is Pacifist a Male Woman? or is he claiming to also be a Female by sex? These are questions that shouldn't have to be asked, but are now necessary to fully understand the situation.
Beer Baron
AG

Quote:

That's easy.... God 'hates' all types of sin that separate us from him, but he will never stop loving us no matter how much we sin. And for this conversation it applies to anyone who has sex outside of the marriage between a man and woman.

Ok, but what about all the time we're just doing other stuff and not having sex? Is that only sinful if it's too "couply" in nature?
Martin Q. Blank
Joe Boudain said:

I think we need to agree on terminology as well before we even have this argument.

Is Pacifist a Male Woman? or is he claiming to also be a Female by sex? These are questions that shouldn't have to be asked, but are now necessary to fully understand the situation.
Male, man, female, woman = sex
Feminine, masculine = gender

He is a feminine man.
PacifistAg
AG
chuckd said:

PacifistAg said:

chuckd said:

PacifistAg said:

But hormones and legal changes don't make you a woman, right? It sounds like the relief of suicidal thoughts and depression comes from the opportunity to openly dress and act like a woman instead of hiding it from people.

No, hormones and legal changes don't make me a woman. Neither does social transition. I've always been a woman, whether I masked it or not.

But it seems like you're intent on presenting this as merely some performative dance. It's not. The hormones, legal changes, and social transition are merely to align things for me as the person I am. The hormones helped tremendously with the depression though.
Dilettante
It's my understanding that the claim is "woman, male, female, and man" refer to gender, so pacifist is a female woman.

Does that make sense? Not really in my opinion. It seems like having a word for what sex you are is good. I certainly never am referring to gender when I call people male.
M1Buckeye
PacifistAg said:

M1Buckeye said:

PacifistAg said:

chuckd said:

PacifistAg said:

No need for scare quotes. Lol

I've been married to the same woman for 17 years. I'm not sure how you possibly come up with that question from what I said. It does highlight that you know nothing about me, yet continue to spew ignorance about my situation.

Ok. I won't engage you further. God bless, good luck and see you in Heaven one day!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.