New Joker!

111,206 Views | 736 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Duncan Idaho
FTACO97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is it weird that I'm just not that excited about this movie? I'm a huge Batman fan and would love to see as much Joker as possible...but since the director has stated he is not using the Joker history in the comics at all, plus that there's no future for this version of Joker....I'm having a hard time building interest....weird I guess.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I know how you feel. The trailer made me not want to see that movie. And I know I'll be told I'm the type that needs explosions and laser beams and that I just don't understand this character study or whatever is going on, and that JP is giving a master class in physical acting. At the end of the day, the trailer either makes me say yes or no - and this is a big fat no.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
King of Comedy: Joker Edition
The Lost
FTACO97 said:

Is it weird that I'm just not that excited about this movie? I'm a huge Batman fan and would love to see as much Joker as possible...but since the director has stated he is not using the Joker history in the comics at all, plus that there's no future for this version of Joker....I'm having a hard time building interest....weird I guess.
somebody wanting a sequel and not something new/original? Thanks for being why we get the 3's and 4's of franchises.

That's one of the exciting parts about this.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
You're not entirely wrong, but it feels like the Joker aspect of it is an afterthought.

Just feels like a random indie comic story (or indie film), with the Joker character pasted onto it.

I understand that it's about $$$, but that's what it feels like to me.

Will still watch.
Gigem314
AG
TexAgBolter said:

Definitely in. Whether it fits the Batman universe perfectly or not, I want to see Joaquin Phoenix's performance.
FTACO97
AG
The Lost said:

FTACO97 said:

somebody wanting a sequel and not something new/original? Thanks for being why we get the 3's and 4's of franchises.

That's one of the exciting parts about this.
The Joker isn't original. And like a PP this feels like a story about a stand-up comic gone wrong with the Joker pasted on top of it.
aggie_fan13
AG
i dont really understand the plot. a guy with mental illness (most likely depression) says screw this **** and introduces anarchy and then finds himself ? thats the main theme i see
some men you just cant reach ...
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
The Lost said:

something new/original
Uh, OK.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joker_in_other_media
TCTTS
AG
Still very interested in this, but that was definitely an underwhelming trailer. Was hoping there was a little more to this movie. Then again, they're obviously not going to give it all away in the trailer...
wangus12
AG
I feel like I'm back and forth on this movie. I love Batman and the universe that surrounds it, but this doesn't seem to have any real connection to that. Like BES said, it feels like a random indie film.

On the other hand, JP can act and could have a masterful performance.
p-townag
AG
Liked the first trailer much more than this one. It's still a movie I'd want to see, even if it weren't "The" Joker, but I also hope they're holding a lot back.
jokershady
AG
p-townag said:

Liked the first trailer much more than this one. It's still a movie I'd want to see, even if it weren't "The" Joker, but I also hope they're holding a lot back.
Don't forget this is rated R. Nothing in any trailer we've seen as even hinted as to why this is.

So my guess is they're holding A LOT back.
p-townag
AG
Very true.
bearamedic99
AG
Username checks out
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG

TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
aggie_fan13
AG
im sold
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I wish somebody would post some reviews.
Sex Panther
AG
That would be pretty wild if there are two Oscar awards for a single comic book character
**** THE RANGERS

**** GARCIA

ALTUVE IS GOD
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
aggie_fan13
AG
Wow, will definitely see it when it comes out now
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.