New Joker!

111,198 Views | 736 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Duncan Idaho
Fat Bib Fortuna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The major part of the Army memo is that they have some intel that there might be a mass shooting planned during the Joker's opening weekend at an unnamed movie theater in Texas. it's not condemning the movie or the plot or anything else - the Georgia commander the story quotes says as much - he doesn't know jack about the movie, just about the intel they've received in conjunction with the FBI.

Yes, the media blows everything out of proportion, but when you don't read the actual information in the story, you're doing the same thing.
TCTTS
AG

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/landmark-theatres-bans-moviegoer-costumes-joker-screenings-1243764
aggie_fan13
AG
what does it say about society that we have to be cautious about seeing a fictitious picture due to weirdos possibly causing harm
Complete Idiot
It says we have 300+ million people, some with mental illness, and that attention grabbing shootings are thrown in the face of those people on the edge so often that they start idealizing it and thinking it's the only way they can express themselves. It says that as a society we have to spend more effort and time teaching everyone how to identify people in need of help, or a voice, and to assist and treat those with mental illness - including confining them if deemed in the best interest of society. At least that it is what it says to me, and it's a tough problem to crack.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Sitting at 77% positive on RT. I'm excited about it.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Hopefully they wont do the same thing for frozen 2 because I've rented costumes for my girls, me and the wife already
JYDog90
AG
Joaquin Phoenix was on Jimmy Kimmel last night and it was kind of a weird interview:

-Joaquin seemed like he was on something.

-Kimmel made a joke about his break dancing and Joaquin was a tad offended.

-but the biggest was Kimmel showing an outtake where Joaquin shows himself to be a tad of a diva and take offense of one of the crew.

I'd be curious what y'all's take is on it. It seemed kind of a **** move on Kimmel's part and Phoenix was clearly upset by it.

I would be interested in hearing the conversation after that interview was over.

Here it is:

https://apple.news/AnzpkVhuMR3WOJdXbaLQINw
Ol Jock 99
AG
Quote:

Joaquin Phoenix was on Jimmy Kimmel last night and it was kind of a weird interview
A weird Joaquin Phoenix interview??

Belton Ag
AG
willie wonka said:

Joaquin Phoenix was on Jimmy Kimmel last night and it was kind of a weird interview:

-Joaquin seemed like he was on something.

-Kimmel made a joke about his break dancing and Joaquin was a tad offended.

-but the biggest was Kimmel showing an outtake where Joaquin shows himself to be a tad of a diva and take offense of one of the crew.

I'd be curious what y'all's take is on it. It seemed kind of a **** move on Kimmel's part and Phoenix was clearly upset by it.

I would be interested in hearing the conversation after that interview was over.

Here it is:

https://apple.news/AnzpkVhuMR3WOJdXbaLQINw
Phoenix is a weird dude with a weird sense of humor, that was probably some kind of inside joke that only he would get. I doubt is was a real thing.
jokershady
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

Quote:

Joaquin Phoenix was on Jimmy Kimmel last night and it was kind of a weird interview
A weird Joaquin Phoenix interview??

wasnt he method acting in this interview as a character that he was going to be in a future movie that nobody had known about yet?
aggie_fan13
AG
Yea
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

This is either the most uncomfortable interview of all time, or a masterful troll job.
aggie_fan13
AG
joaquin is a out there
Urban Ag
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
My daughters are 7. Maybe you could edit your post.
evan_aggie
AG
You did say costumes for the whole family? I figured that one was for your wife...
Living Legend
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

This is either the most uncomfortable interview of all time, or a masterful troll job.

That was a dick move by Kimmel IMO
SquirrellyDan
AG
Living Legend said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

I'd be shocked if the whole thing wasn't planned.
AgGrad99
AG
There is ZERO Chance that wasn't planned
Living Legend
AG
Joaquin seemed genuinely embarrassed by the clip and when Kimmel was joking about the break dancing he seemed upset.

Looked authentic to me.
Mort Rainey
Living Legend said:

Joaquin seemed genuinely embarrassed by the clip and when Kimmel was joking about the break dancing he seemed upset.

Looked authentic to me.
All true. That's why he's such an incredible actor.

https://alt987fm.iheart.com/featured/harms/content/2019-10-02-jimmy-kimmel-interview-stunt-with-joaquin-phoenix-was-staged/?Sc=editorial&Pname=local_social&Keyid=socialflow

At this point you have to assume everything with Phoenix is an Andy Kaufman level stunt
Urban Ag
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

I clearly posted a pic of an adult female. And it was a joke.

But I'll edit.
Mort Rainey
MuckRaker96 said:

You could also relax. It's an online forum of Aggies, no one is legit insulting your children here
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This. For someone that posts a lot of jokes on here, you should probably lighten up.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

This. For someone that posts a lot of jokes on here, you should probably lighten up.
And for someone who doesn't have children, I'd advise against telling me how I should feel when I see something that doesn't jibe well with my opinion of my own.
Chase McGuire
Snagged a ticket for 4:30 today.
Punked Shank
AG
SquirrellyDan said:

Living Legend said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

100%. Kimmel just spits his questions too quickly. Clip also reminded me why i dont watch his show, ever. Just comes off as a jackass, even though this was scripted
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
HvilleAggie
AG
coastsrs said:

SquirrellyDan said:

Living Legend said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

100%. Kimmel just spits his questions too quickly. Clip also reminded me why i dont watch his show, ever. Just comes off as a jackass, even though this was scripted
https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/vb5yqa/joaquin-phoenix-outtake-cursing-at-cinematographer-is-fake-jimmy-kimmel
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Am I crazy or does young Joaquin look exactly like the turkey kid in Jurassic Park?

aggie_fan13
AG
got tickets for sunday, see you on the otherside coop !
Carlo4
AG
TCTTS said:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/landmark-theatres-bans-moviegoer-costumes-joker-screenings-1243764

Anyone else see Bill Hader and not Joaquin?
vwbug
Wonder if Kimmel's rudeness is paybacks for when Johnny Cash went off the reservation on the Lettermen's show?
Complete Idiot
While I can completely believe it was staged as a performance of some kind, I also don't necessarily discount that it may have been real just based on his PUBLICIST having said so.

IN summary - I don't care.
M.C. Swag
AG
haha there's no way it makes it to air if Joaquin was actually put off by it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.