New Joker!

111,175 Views | 736 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Duncan Idaho
AliasMan02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

I'd like to see Keaton come back.

I'm convinced he'll play Wayne in a Batman Beyond film or series one day.
AliasMan02
AG
Thought this was a great idea.

C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
AgfromHOU said:

You're missing out by not watching Shazam before that. It's legitimately a really good movie. Easily the best DC movie and better than almost every Marvel movie. Yeah, I said it.
I'd love to see before then, but time and circumstances aren't allowing for it currently
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Exactly.
rhutton125
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

The Mr Sunday movies video on this was insightful but for some reason I found him more annoying than normal.

Posted here, in case anyone is curious, but I think it might end up being too accurate. You wouldn't think you'd be able to piece together the plot of the movie from one disjointed trailer, but I think he hits the nail on the head:

Also, as a big Weekly Planet fan, he gets real beaten down by trailer breakdowns so I think he throws in jokes and zaniness to amuse himself. Whenever a trailer is dropped - especially unexpectedly - he has to drop whatever he's doing and spend the next 24 hours working on a video, essentially.

I'm thinking...
Joker is real beaten down by life, starts to crack, really hones in on Thomas Wayne as being part of the problem and begins to terrorize the family, potentially ending with him killing Thomas Wayne? That he is forcing kid Bruce to smile in that one picture is really telling, IMO.
Duncan Idaho
Don't get me wrong, I love caravan of garbage.
wangus12
AG
C@LAg said:

AliasMan02 said:

Thought this was a great idea.

isn't that just the Dark Knight in a broader nutshell?
And 90% of the iterations of Joker for that matter. It is why it makes little sense to give him an origin story
Duncan Idaho
What does he know about this character?
Flashdiaz
AG

TCTTS
AG
This... doesn't sound good....

TCTTS
AG
Then another verified/insider account chimed in and said something to the effect of, "Y'all really aren't ready for this. I may take that whole month off Twitter." But he since deleted his tweet due to too many requests for the script.

All that said, the script underwent heavy rewrites on set (after this draft that's making the rounds), so who knows how this thing is going to turn out.

Still, it sounds like the movie could potentially be lighting quite a few fires come October...
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I don't understand the tweet?
TCTTS
AG
The script is apparently controversial in some way. Who knows in what way, but whatever it is, it might very well cause fanboys and whoever else to lose their minds. Drew (and the other guy) are basically saying, if you hate Twitter now, wait 'til this movie drops; when Twitter apparently becomes even more insufferable with all the b*tching and moaning and hot takes and think pieces we're probably in for...
TCTTS
AG
And another response...

Duncan Idaho
Well that is disappointing
TCTTS
AG
Madmarttigan
AG
Instead of making me excited like Deadpool and Logan that almost feels like a gimmick for this movie to attract people looking for a darker comic book movie. Maybe that's just because of the DC cynicism inside me these days.
Ulrich
On one hand, the Joker is basically Iago, and there's a reason Shakespeare never gives him a clear motive.

On the other hand, a Joker origin sounds really cool, especially if it's from his own bag of cats mind where the film is, in a way, dragging the viewer through the fourth wall into a place where even the things that you see with your own eyes might be false. Not deceiving or changed via a twist, but they just didn't happen.

On the third hand, I kind of feel like too many movies now, especially nerd movies, are obsessed with explaining things. Every character has to have their backstory played out on camera, every artifact has to be explained. I think we could do with a few more mysterious Jokers and glowing briefcases.

On the fourth hand, if it's a great movie I'll enjoy it and let this origin story go the next time they reboot the character.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
How many hands do you have?
Ulrich

AgfromHOU
AG
The Joker movie will not be based on any comics. Todd Phillips says it's more about the man than the character. Also that comics fans will probably be pissed at the movie.

Quote:

We didn't follow anything from the comic-books, which people are gonna be mad about. We just wrote our own version of where a guy like Joker might come from. That's what was interesting to me. We're not even doing Joker, but the story of becoming Joker. It's about this man.

https://screenrant.com/joker-movie-no-comic-book-inspiration/
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
PatAg
AG
Personally, if the movie is truly great, then I don't care if it diverges from comic backstory
Duncan Idaho
That sounds awesome
Gigem314
AG
Really looking forward to this.
AgfromHOU
AG
Agreed. I like the idea of a fresh take without being tied down by trying to adapt any comic whatsoever.

My wife hates CBMs but is looking forward to Joker.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I just realized I developed PLC during Fran's 77-0 loss to OU
TCTTS
AG
Full trailer on Wednesday. Then the film itself screens for the first time this Saturday (8/31), at the Venice Film Festival. Reactions will be online immediately after...

TexAgBolter
AG
FancyKetchup14
AG
Really like the final trailer. Hope it turns out well.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.