*****Marvels Agents of SHIELD - Season 2*****

88,687 Views | 746 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by TajMaballer
dcaggie04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wow.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Well, this is going to end in catastrophe......
R0GUE
AG
I'm starting to get a very "Magneto" vibe off of Skye's mom.
imjustsayin
AG
Solid episode... So much development and so many new questions. The one thing I'm confused about...

Spoiler alert for most recent episode and Avengers AoU...

...is this episode appears to take place after the events of AoU but point to theta protocol as the helicarrier being ready and showing it... Perhaps that was after it was used in AoU? Didn't expect Ja Ying development, either.
R0GUE
AG
The stuff at the very beginning takes place earlier in time. There are a few clues about the time period. For one thing Hartley was still alive, also Sky Mall was still in business (funny), there was another hint also. I'd say this all happened sometime right before Season 1 started.
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
The stuff at the very beginning takes place earlier in time. There are a few clues about the time period. For one thing Hartley was still alive, also Sky Mall was still in business (funny), there was another hint also. I'd say this all happened sometime right before Season 1 started.

Also, the text 'ONE YEAR AGO' across the screen was a dead giveaway
israeliag
AG
Well... that's changing it up.

they seemed to be building on some more Civil War themes too. No way the Inhuman arc in Agents leads to the registry that triggers Civil War right?
The Debt
I missed the final 20 mins because of storms.
YellowPot_97
AG
ONE YEAR AGO

PRESENT TIME
Acesup
The actress that plays Jiaying is terrible.
Trident 88
AG
They should have at least given us a hint that Jaiying wasn't just some "peaceful sensei" type of leader. Without it, her declaration of war on Shield wasn't believable.
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
They should have at least given us a hint that Jaiying wasn't just some "peaceful sensei" type of leader. Without it, her declaration of war on Shield wasn't believable.
i believed it. She was gutted like a fish by Hydra b/c she was special. Then two years ago, the world finds out that Hydra and SHIELD were one and the same. Then SHIELD comes knocking on her door wanting to study and index everybody. Eff that.
Red Five
AG
Yeah, I could believe it. I agree it was a kind of jarring reversal of her attitude, but it makes sense that she would never allow them to be indexed.
tamusc
AG
That wasn't at all how I expected the meeting between Gonzales and Jiaying to go, but the results were what I thought they'd be. I was actually surprised by the genuinely kind offering that Gonzales made to Jiaying.
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
That wasn't at all how I expected the meeting between Gonzales and Jiaying to go, but the results were what I thought they'd be. I was actually surprised by the genuinely kind offering that Gonzales made to Jiaying.
Kind? marching into a peaceful community (in a foreign nation) and demanding that the inhabitants be "indexed?"

Jiaying may have went about it the wrong way, but there was nothing kind about Gonzales' offer. He has shown nothing but disdain for "powered" people, he would have turned on them at the first opportunity. And given her history with how her people are treated, i can't blame her for her actions, but i don't condone them either.
tamusc
AG
quote:
quote:
Kind? marching into a peaceful community (in a foreign nation) and demanding that the inhabitants be "indexed?"

Jiaying may have went about it the wrong way, but there was nothing kind about Gonzales' offer. He has shown nothing but disdain for "powered" people, he would have turned on them at the first opportunity. And given her history with how her people are treated, i can't blame her for her actions, but i don't condone them either.

I said his offering was was kind, not his offer. Two different things and I do agree with you that I think he'd turn on them in a second.
TheEyeGuy
AG
quote:
quote:

Exactly. Akin to a foreign government walking in and going door to door to register all firearms. They are only registering them in case something bad happens, supposedly. Riiiiiiight.
Trident 88
AG
quote:
Yeah, I could believe it. I agree it was a kind of jarring reversal of her attitude, but it makes sense that she would never allow them to be indexed.
The "jarring reversal of her attitude" was my point. We've never seen indication at all that her first step in this dance with SHIELD would be the "I'll kill all you bit**es!" nuclear option.

I agree that based on her history with Hydra, it's hard to blame her, but not blaming her isn't the same as believing that she would go there immediately.
TexasAggie_02
AG
i think that after the horror she went through, and then losing her family, she went into "hide and keep a low profile mode."

Now that she has her family back, and their secret location is out, she is in "Mama bear's gonna tear you a new one" mode.
Trident 88
AG
Well then, maybe Acesup's comment above is the issue. Maybe the writing was there, but she failed as an actor. She does "nice mom" and "spiritual leader" real well, but "Mama Bear"? Not so much...
israeliag
AG
quote:
The actress that plays Jiaying is terrible.
Correct.
israeliag
AG
Doubt Coulsen would have received any different result. That was pretty cold blooded (it explains why the narrative had to have Gonzalez go in and not Coulsen). She probably has plans with giving over Skye's dad as another opp to F with SHIELD, by letting him Hulk out on them.

I'm surprised that Gonzalez didn't have a bug on him, and wondering how Coulsen will take it and how long it will take him to figure out JaiYing is to blame.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Well then, maybe Acesup's comment above is the issue. Maybe the writing was there, but she failed as an actor. She does "nice mom" and "spiritual leader" real well, but "Mama Bear"? Not so much...
I'm going to have to go with this. There really hasn't been any emotional conveyance to actually make me care about the character. The way she talks is just.... BORING. Cal is an interesting character, even though he is the most mentally unstable characters on the show. Hell, even Ward (real or not) actually has some emotion. About the only thing that really surprised me about the meet last night, was that it her that took the initiative to start the conflict. Though I think the little discussion that Cal and her had kind of set the stage.

I just have a feeling that this will end badly for both sides.
Red Five
AG
Something else I remembered, Cal told Jaiying that Coulson was the only good man in SHIELD, and that the rest of them were completely untrustworthy. Then Gonzales shows up instead of Coulson and tries to bribe her (sort of) with the necklace that probably just reminded her A) of how Hydra cut her to pieces and stole her child, B) that SHIELD was completely infiltrated by Hydra just a year ago. and C) SHIELD is currently in possession of an object that the inhumans believe exists solely to destroy them.

Logically it makes sense that she might have changed opinions at that moment, but I can't argue that it wasn't weird seeing her take on a hard attitude despite never having shown it before.
Duncan Idaho
Do I need to put this show on hold until I see ultron?
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
Do I need to put this show on hold until I see ultron?

Maybe, last night's episode had a flash back that is directly involved with a pivotal battle scene.
Duncan Idaho
Yeah that is why I was asking...I had no clue what they were talking about

Thanks
AgDev01
AG
quote:
they seemed to be building on some more Civil War themes too. No way the Inhuman arc in Agents leads to the registry that triggers Civil War right?
At this point i don't see how it couldn't be. Its has pretty big focus all season for more than just the inhumans. Wouldn't take much to tie it into the registry act that sparks Civil War.
TexasAggie_02
AG
Well, If you've already watched it, I don't think you're going to get anything else spoiled. Next week is the finale. If you're worried, just dvr it.
Duncan Idaho
Not so much worried about spoilers as much as I am about not knowing what is going on
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Well, If you've already watched it, I don't think you're going to get anything else spoiled. Next week is the finale. If you're worried, just dvr it.
This. This isn't like CAP 2 where the last half of the season seems to be dealing with the fallout of the movie. Last season the episode right after the movie pretty much spoiled the entire movie. I don't think this one really did anything other than mention it pretty much in passing, excluding the flashback sequence.
redline248
AG
Totally didn't see that coming. So, is Gordon in on the ploy? Raina was trying to prevent it and told Gordon what Jiaying was planning?
Aggie_Journalist
AG
Just got around to watching it.

Jaiying's change to villainy was sudden, but it was also foreshadowed. How many times has she said hinted she's changed more than Cal has, and we all know Cal has become a deranged killer. I had a feeling she wasn't as good as she let on, but I didn't expect her to spark a war, either.

I'm still not sure I trust Raina... But that character might actually care more about peace and protecting her new family than manipulating the group for power. All her precious machinations were to find a sense of home and family apart from humanity. She never really dicked with humanity just for the hell of it.

The one thing that confused me is how did Mockingbird end up on a Quinjet with fake May without realizing it when real May was on another jet with everyone else? Shouldn't she have realized something was up, especially with real May on comms on the other jet?

Did I miss something?

I'm forward to seeing what Ward is up to...
redline248
AG
Unfortunately, Ward's plan is going to take a while to come to light as they deal with the inhuman stuff. It sucks that Skye is going to probably be put against her friends.

On a side note, I'm not a fan of where they are taking Jemma as a character. I guess they are building toward civil war, though.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
The one thing that confused me is how did Mockingbird end up on a Quinjet with fake May without realizing it when real May was on another jet with everyone else? Shouldn't she have realized something was up, especially with real May on comms on the other jet?

Yeah, it felt out of place IMO as well. I'm not sure what they were going for there other than to give Ward and Agent 33 (don't remember her name) something to do. I'm all for Ward doing Ward things (betrayal, treachery, outlaw) but this just felt somewhat forced.

EDIT: And I wouldn't trust Raina, at all. She is completely in it for herself. I think Cal described her very well.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.