*****Marvels Agents of SHIELD - Season 2*****

88,638 Views | 746 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by TajMaballer
Sex Panther
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm glad for Clark Gregg that he's anchoring a hit tv show, but I'm gonna be a little bummed if Coulson doesn't show up in the Avengers 2.

Do they all still think he's dead?
redline248
AG
I'd say based on Wheedon's comments he won't be in Ultron.
AliasMan02
AG
If we see Coulson interact with the Avengers again, I bet they save that for the Infinity War.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
I'd assumed theta protocol was avengers tower, but now I'm not sure.
R0GUE
AG
Theta Protocol = The Avengers

I'm 99% sure. It's basically Hill and Coulson's Ace in the Hole.
TexasAggie_02
AG
i assumed that Theta Protocol was the new code name for "The Avengers Initiative."
AliasMan02
AG
If Coulson was setting it up, I think Theta will be something different. Coulson may be supporting the Avengers from the shadows, but he's not running the program.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
Didn't Hill ask him how Theta was going after he said "call the avengers," though?

I now suspect Theta protocol is something we'll see in the TV series only. Otherwise how would they reveal it? Next week opening with him saying, "hey guys, did you see the avengers kick ultron's ass? That was theta protocol. You're welcome."

And they can't afford to bring the avengers into the TV show. Maybe he'll form an B-league avengers team of Deathlok, Skye and other specials. I hope they don't go that route, though. This would be a great opportunity to throw a curveball nobody sees coming that they can build season 3 around.
R0GUE
AG
quote:
Didn't Hill ask him how Theta was going after he said "call the avengers," though?
No, you have it reversed. Here is the exact dialogue:

Maria Hill asks Coulson, "Theta Protocol. Is it ready?"
He replies, "Yes it is. Time to bring in the Avengers."

So it seems to imply that Theta Protocol either IS the Avengers, or at the very least something associated with the Avengers.

Theta Protocol doesn't ever have to show up, it's importance to AoS could simply be that it was the secret that Gonzalez used to paint Coulson as untrustworthy.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
Ah, thank you. I was distracted when I caught that part.

And good points about how AoS can use it as a plot device without the avengers showering up.
BigTimeAlum
AG
What Coulson stole was the location of the Hydra base where they have the twins. He is bringing in the Avengers to take out that base and acquire the twins and whatever else Hydra has there (should be the snow scenes we've seen in the previews) .

My guess is theta protocol has to do with the inhumans and getting more super powered people on Sheilds side.
BigTimeAlum
AG
I think this was a really good way to show how the TV series impacts events in the movie without the movie audience ever needing to know about it. I'm sure that the movie will say Shield agents were able to get valuable intel of something big, etc......
Saxsoon
AG
quote:
Ah, thank you. I was distracted when I caught that part.

And good points about how AoS can use it as a plot device without the avengers showering up.
Can Black Widow at least shower up?
texasaggie04
AG
quote:
I wonder if Shield releases the twins and they are free when the movie arrives. Alternately they are released by Ultron or the Avengers in the movie.
It can't be the former because the movie comes out before the next SHIELD episode.
EDIT: Actually, the first showing is tonight.

Also the spoiler alert line was brilliant.
Hulla Baller
AG
Did Gonzales not know Fury is still alive?
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
Did Gonzales not know Fury is still alive?
Nope. Guess who the real director of the real SHIELD is?!
texasaggie04
AG
Forgot to mention this but I remember reading earlier in this thread that Whedon has a propensity to build up backstory of a character before offing them. Makes me wonder if May is going to be soon replaced by agent 33?
Aggie_Journalist
YellowPot_97
AG
quote:
What Coulson stole was the location of the Hydra base where they have the twins. He is bringing in the Avengers to take out that base and acquire the twins and whatever else Hydra has there (should be the snow scenes we've seen in the previews) .

My guess is theta protocol has to do with the inhumans and getting more super powered people on Sheilds side.
Didn't he get the location of Loki's scepter? I'm betting that's what the Avengers are after.
Squirrel Master
AG
quote:
Forgot to mention this but I remember reading earlier in this thread that Whedon has a propensity to build up backstory of a character before offing them. Makes me wonder if May is going to be soon replaced by agent 33?

Whedon only does some movies and has nothing to do with AOS right?
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
quote:

Whedon only does some movies and has nothing to do with AOS right?

I think he is a producer, his brother is heading up AOS..
Trident 88
AG
How is Loki's scepter missing? Can someone please remind me?
Aggie_Journalist
AG
In the post-credit scene from Captain America 2, you see Hydra has loki's scepter in a hidden science lab and they're using it in experiments.
tamusc
AG
Hydra elements working in SHIELD stole it and got it to Strucker at some point after the first Avengers.
TexasAggie_02
AG
when SHIELD fell, and Hydra revealed itself, a lot of artifacts were stolen, including the diviner and the scepter.
Red Five
AG
Was the lab that Lincoln and Deathlok were in the same one that Strucker had Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch in at the end of Winter Soldier? It looked similar and they either said or implied that it was where Strucker had been before taking the twins elsewhere, right?
Aggie_Journalist
AG
I think so.
BigTimeAlum
AG
quote:
Was the lab that Lincoln and Deathlok were in the same one that Strucker had Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch in at the end of Winter Soldier? It looked similar and they either said or implied that it was where Strucker had been before taking the twins elsewhere, right?
The lab where the sceptor is should be the lab where the twins are. I guess we'll see in the movie.
mrz2010
AG
quote:
quote:
The lab where the sceptor is should be the lab where the twins are. I guess we'll see in the movie.

I believe the lab they went to was a different one than the one holding Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch. It seemed like they completely destroyed the base after the team got out. Coulson also gave Hill a location at the end, which I assume was for the base shown at the end of Cap2.
bedofbrass33
AG
quote:

Lincoln and Deathlok were held in a lab in the Arctic. The twins, Strucker, and the scepter were at his main lab in Sokovia/Eastern Europe.
Red Five
AG
Yes but they said Strucker had been there and left for Eastern Europe. I'm fairly sure of that but i would have to go back and check.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
The cells deathlock and the inhuman were held in were the same cells that once held the twins.
aznaggiegirl07
AG
Ok, so i decided to marathon watch agents of shield season 1 yesterday, so I need to start season 2...

But seeing as it's already on episode 19, and abc.com and hulu only show the last 5 or so episodes...i gotta watch it now...

anyone know where i can watch from episode 1? Thanks!
benMath08
AG
quote:
Ok, so i decided to marathon watch agents of shield season 1 yesterday, so I need to start season 2...

But seeing as it's already on episode 19, and abc.com and hulu only show the last 5 or so episodes...i gotta watch it now...

anyone know where i can watch from episode 1? Thanks!
It's on netflix

oh wait just season 1, nm
aznaggiegirl07
AG
Also, can you believe Ming Na Wen is 52?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.