*****Marvels Agents of SHIELD - Season 2*****

87,915 Views | 746 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by TajMaballer
jabberwalkie09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
I'm excited for the Bro Down between Coulson and Hunter.

I feel like one of the heads of "Real SHIELD" is going to flip and the best candidate for that is the woman who used to run the Academy. I bet Fitz and Simmons will figure out a way to appeal to her and get her on their side. If they flip her, then maybe they can flip Bobbi and Mack too.

I think Hunter and Coulson teaming up is going to be great.

I dunno, the woman from the academy seems to be a heavy drinker of the "real shield" Koolaid. I still think there is a chance they could flip her, but I also think there is a chance that Simmons could flip over to "real shield's" side with how she has approached Raina and even Skye's transformation. Given how events transpired at the end of last night's episode, I think Bobbi will be a more likely candidate to flip. I think Mack will be conflicted with how Fitz will handle Mack's apparent betrayal of Coulson's side. If we go by the flashback where Mack lost that friend on the ship, I think that will be the key point in how Mack views it.

Bobbi and Mack will try to justify this as resurrecting SHIELD with a more just cause, but I think it will come to a point where they realize that they will need allies who have been enhanced/modified and that the "real shield" they thought they were going to help bring about is actually going to do more harm than good. In parody of the x-files "the truth is out there," there are threats out there in the universe like Thanos.
benMath08
AG
This is becoming one of my favorite shows on television. It's been said before but if anyone gave up after the first few mediocre episodes they need to give it another shot.
israeliag
AG
I agree with Jabber. They've already laid the hints that Bobbi will flip to Coulson's side. She insisted on joining the Skye acquisition team to make sure Skye wasn't hurt in the process because she cares for her and that group. Maybe Hunter redeems his whiny-battered-girlfriend of an attitude and convinces Bobbi to get back on board with Fury/Coulson's SHIELD.

Mack also seems conflicted about betraying the group, but his experiences in the temple seem to also make him fearful of mutants enhanceds.

Weird how "the real SHIELD" was able to hide for so long, and Coulson even called this out. However, that exchange with him and Adama Olmos seems to have been more a nod at that plot gap and a wink to the viewers to just go with it.

Gotta say, I've actually warmed up to May this whole season.

redline248
AG
Yeah, how they were able to just float around on the carrier without Coulson finding them is a bit of a stretch. Also, how do they get their resources?
jabberwalkie09
AG
May's character has been given some depth this year past her being simply known as "The Cavalry" and giving a cold expressionless demeanor. I think the depth they have given her has been great IMO. Though with how Whedon likes to build a character before knocking them down or out (death), I wonder if they are setting up May to be the next to fall....
TexasAggie_02
AG
bobbi will flip, there was a post a awhile back about her being added to the series as a "regular."

I'm also interested in what is going to happen with Ward. Is he going to be the "always in the shadows" villain that comes out when they need to throw a wrench into things (kinda like Murdock and MacGyver)?
israeliag
AG
quote:
May's character has been given some depth this year past her being simply known as "The Cavalry" and giving a cold expressionless demeanor. I think the depth they have given her has been great IMO. Though with how Whedon likes to build a character before knocking them down or out (death), I wonder if they are setting up May to be the next to fall....
I think they've just given her some charm (a joke here, a smerk there), which has warmed her up. It's possible they off her, more so with Hunter, Bobbi, and Skye becoming capable operatives. Still, she's an important tie to what SHIELD was meant to be (and maybe the only one, considering Trip's death).
Saxsoon
AG
quote:
The episode with her Ex was a nice touch to her character and has added a lot.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
quote:
I think they've just given her some charm (a joke here, a smerk there), which has warmed her up. It's possible they off her, more so with Hunter, Bobbi, and Skye becoming capable operatives. Still, she's an important tie to what SHIELD was meant to be (and maybe the only one, considering Trip's death).
Yeah, that's why I am thinking it is possible they could close out her storyline. With the appearance of Gonzalez and his faction, there is a possibility that her story could close out with Skye becoming effective again controlling her powers, Bobbi flipping to Coulson's side, and Coulson banishing the remnants of Gonzalez's faction to the shadows only to resurface later. The only real end I could see them giving May if they kill her off at this point is a death in which she dies for her ideals/SHIELD under Coulson's direction.

Though I don't know if she is the only tie to what SHIELD was meant to be as Coulson is still standing. I am getting the feeling that it is very possible now an Avenger will be showing up in the series, probably towards the end of the season or next season. I don't think it would be Thor, Cap, Stark, Romanov, or Banner but Barton seems like the most likely candidate. They could also explain what he has been doing since his appearance in The Avengers. It feels like they are already starting to setup events this season towards Captain America: Civil War (someone correct me if I am wrong). So in the fight we would have Gonzalez's SHIELD, Coulson's SHIELD, and remnants of HYDRA.

I am thinking that Ward will end up allying himself with the remnants of Hydra because their interests align, and become the opposite number of Coulson for the show for a time. Or align with Coulson for the same reason, but I would expect either alliance to be short lived. Even if that doesn't happen, Ward will build his own team to cause trouble for Coulson.

I expect the majority of Skye's story with her father to play out by the season's end (lets be honest, most of the story has already) with her accepting what she has become to control her powers and the inhumans to become a recurring character group. That way Skye's story will continue and she could still be part of Coulson's team. I don't see her walking away from the team to join the inhumans full time at this point. There is just too much loyalty to what has become her family for her to turn her back on them. I think that the relationship between her and Simmons will be especially tenuous, which is why I think that there is a good chance that Simmons will turn to "real shield" out of fear.

I think Adama I mean Gonzalez will probably set out the difference as to why the two different factions now exist, rather than solely it being Fury being the reason SHIELD fell which is what I think he alluded to in the conversation with Coulson. Like I mentioned earlier, I think that this new faction is really all about getting rid of the alien/enhanced/abnormal influences within and on SHIELD, in addition to directing the organization by council as opposed to being directed by one man like Fury or Coulson.
TexasAggie_02
AG
so, i was thinking after last night's episode that Skye was basically stronger than Magneto. she can manipulate the vibrations in any type of matter.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Something is nagging at me from last night's episode. Was it explained last night what the ship (the Iliad?) was carrying that they couldn't risk falling into the hands of Hydra? Gonzalez mentioned it in the flashback, but I don't remember hearing what it was.
TexasAggie_02
AG
could be wrong, but i think they just said "weapons" at one point. whether that was human or "Phase 2," i don't know.
91_Aggie
AG
I don't remember them saying what it was either... but apparently they save the ship and whatever was in it and would therefore all know what it is/was and have access to it.
R0GUE
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Yeah, that's why I am thinking it is possible they could close out her storyline. With the appearance of Gonzalez and his faction, there is a possibility that her story could close out with Skye becoming effective again controlling her powers, Bobbi flipping to Coulson's side, and Coulson banishing the remnants of Gonzalez's faction to the shadows only to resurface later. The only real end I could see them giving May if they kill her off at this point is a death in which she dies for her ideals/SHIELD under Coulson's direction.
I could also see her dying to save Skye somehow. She seems to have become quite protective of her.
jabberwalkie09
AG
I could see that too. May and Coulson have pretty much taken over as parental figures in her life.
israeliag
AG
Or Hunter dies which is part of the cause of Bobbi joining Coulson.
redline248
AG
Dammit I don't want any of them to die.
texasaggie04
AG
Just finished watching it, great episode. I don't think Gonzalez said specifically what the cargo was, he just said cargo. Agree with others that they seem to be building up to SWORD, but I don't know enough about it in the comics. Sounds like the other SHIELD is more interested in just killing all aliens, but Coulson would be more about managing extraterrestrial threats. Could it be his group that becomes SWORD?
redline248
AG
Just received an email from marvel that said "Will agent Gonzalez discover the truth?" Then said he tries to get Fitz to help him open the toolbox.
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
Just received an email from marvel that said "Will agent Gonzalez discover the truth?" Then said he tries to get Fitz to help him open the toolbox.
I hope Agent Gonzalez opens the tool box....and it melts his face.
dcaggie04
AG
quote:
He did say that he was going get FitzSimmons to help get it open when he was talking to Coulson.
R0GUE
AG
quote:
quote:
I hope Agent Gonzalez opens the tool box....and it melts his face.
Maybe it will be his dead wife's head. And then Coulson will grin and say "she begged for her life..."
jabberwalkie09
AG
Clips for tonight's episode. First clip is what redline alluded to from the email where The Old Man, I mean Gonzalez, tries to get Fitz and Simmons to open the tool box:

Second clip is a conversation between Skye and Lincoln:

redline248
AG
Btw, I laugh at every one of the BSG references.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Btw, I laugh at every one of the BSG references.
I have to wonder in the last episode during the flashback scenes, how much of "Adama" Olmos channeled into "Gonzalez." I brought it up after I watched the episode, but it really reminded me of the BSG episode "Blood on the Scales" at times.
israeliag
AG
Maybe Vision is really a Cylon.

All of this has happened before and all of it will happen again.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Maybe Vision is really a Cylon.

All of this has happened before and all of it will happen again.
Think they could swing Tricia Helfer into being part of the MCU?
jabberwalkie09
AG
Well, I thought she was dead and buried.....
redline248
AG
Cut up and organs harvested. How the F....
Red Five
AG
A wolverine-style healing factor seems to be her ability. Wolverine has come back from just being a skeleton (although that was probably the most ridiculous portrayal of his powers they ever did).
redline248
AG
True, but if it was like Wolverine she wouldn't have scars.

Edit - guess it doesn't have to be exact
chase128
AG
She was mutilated horridly so I guess its not a stretch to think that even with self healing there may be scars left over.
jabberwalkie09
AG
So does that mean that it is possible that what's his face isn't dead if he took her abilities?
TajMaballer
AG
Is there an Inhuman or an X-Men equivalent to Lincoln (the guy who was helping Skye)
chase128
AG
Good point.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.