*****Marvels Agents of SHIELD - Season 2*****

87,697 Views | 746 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by TajMaballer
TexasAggie_02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Arguing over the strength of super powers is the pinnacle of nerd-dom, but she is in no way more powerful than Magneto.
she can control all matter. you don't think that is more powerful than controlling only metal?
R0GUE
AG
I think it's more about the energy that the individual can direct/project. Skye has enough that obviously she can trigger an avalanche on a mountain, that's not too shabby. But If there were enough iron in the mountain, Magneto could potentially lift or destroy the mountain.

Think about in DOFP when Magneto lifted up the baseball stadium and carried across the city (this was in the trailer I don't think I'm spoiling anything). Skye/Daisy could tear the stadium down, but not lift it or carry it.

In the Marvel comics Database Quake is listed as a 5 in energy projection, and Magneto as a 6. So they are close, but Magneto has more raw power.

Feeling nerdy yet? :P
israeliag
AG
It seems like she can just amplify the vibrations of matter, not control them like Magneto... for now.
Red Five
AG
quote:
quote:
Arguing over the strength of super powers is the pinnacle of nerd-dom, but she is in no way more powerful than Magneto.
she can control all matter. you don't think that is more powerful than controlling only metal
Magneto controls magnetic fields, not just metal. All matter has intrinsic magnetic properties. Aside from manipulating metal, Magneto has used his powers to create an impenetrable field around himself, create a wormhole which he traveled through (although they never really explained that one), and switch the earth's north and south poles. As far as metal manipulation, he also has pulled a giant metal bullet from deep space back to Earth.

Whatever the inherent "strength" of each ability, Magneto's command of his power and his ability to project that power is far beyond what Skye is capable of.

Again, super-nerd territory right here.
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
It seems like she can just amplify the vibrations of matter, not control them like Magneto... for now.
well, she did make water from a faucet fall in a corkscrew pattern, so it seems like she can use vibrations to move things, and not just break them.
benMath08
AG
She also hasn't attempted to manipulate a person directly yet, or anything moving under its own power that could resist her manipulation of its "vibrations". I guess we'll see where this goes but I doubt they make her some sort of all-powerful character.
Red Five
AG
Since its based on creating resonance with a particular frequency, I would guess she would be able to get Iron Man with it once before he came up with a counter measure.
redline248
AG
quote:
She also hasn't attempted to manipulate a person directly yet, or anything moving under its own power that could resist her manipulation of its "vibrations". I guess we'll see where this goes but I doubt they make her some sort of all-powerful character.
She directed some of her anger toward Reyna and was vibrating her a little
texasaggie04
AG
quote:
i was thinking about skye and her mother's secret.....

Skye's mother has been around a long time. Someone there has to know who Skye's dad is. Why have dinner with him, in a room with the door open? They don't seem to care that the younger guy walked in at the end. He doesn't know about the mother/daughter relationship (or is playing stupid) b/c he was surprised at her working with skye since she is in charge and hasn't trained anyone in years.

I guess you could argue that since she is skye's trainer, she needed to oversee the dinner to protect her. But someone there has to know that they were married once.

I don't think the guy even thought about the lady, she probably just said she was there to oversee the dinner. He was paying attention to the similarities to Reyna's dream, anyway.

I think giving Reyna prophet-like abilities is a great twist. One, it brings it full circle to when she was being used by a "prophet" in season one. Two, it gives a potentially twisted character the abilities to manipulate others if they believe that she knows what is going to happen.

I also wonder, as somebody alluded to a few pages back, if Whitehall will return at all. I hope not, as that might be a bit cheesy, but if he was able to take some of Skye's mom's powers, then he could have survived that bullet (though maybe not the temple collapsing thing).
YellowPot_97
AG
Shield, real Shield, Hydra, Ward, Enhanced, and Inhumans all at the same place
TexasAggie_02
AG
'we're out manned, outgunned, and our only backup is Fitz'
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
'we're out manned, outgunned, and our only backup is Fitz'
"Take me to your leader."
redline248
AG
Damn, that was a great episode.
TexasAggie_02
AG
i'm wondering what exactly are gordon's powers? sure he can teleport, but can he also "see" and "hear" over great distances, maybe telepathy? How does he know where to go, and when skye/raina/cal is in danger?

when skye was at the cabin, she said "gordon i need you" and he shows up and takes her away. How did gordon not know that the guy that went hiking in south america was captured by hydra?
Aggie_Journalist
AG
Since Hydra can track his teleportations, I imagine they showed up after he dropped off the camper and tranquilized the guy before he knew to even think for help.

I wonder if they'll kill Gordon this season and one of the spinoff a will be the Inhumans wandering forth from their city by foot - they've said before that Gordon is the only one who knows where their city is located, and he controls the only way in or out.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
i'm wondering what exactly are gordon's powers? sure he can teleport, but can he also "see" and "hear" over great distances, maybe telepathy? How does he know where to go, and when skye/raina/cal is in danger?

when skye was at the cabin, she said "gordon i need you" and he shows up and takes her away. How did gordon not know that the guy that went hiking in south america was captured by hydra?
I kind of doubt they will expound on that. Skye already asked how he sees where to go, and he said something along the lines that he sees, just differently. I just kind of liken it to his Inhuman senses tingling whenever someone calls out for him.
texasaggie04
AG
Great episode. I would guess maybe a showdown at the Inhumans city is coming soon if everybody is able to track Gordon's teleportation.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Well, good episode. I'm interested to seeing the rest of the season shake out.
imjustsayin
AG
When hydra talked about having the twins, was he referring to the movies quicksilver and scarlet witch? (Did I even name them correctly)?

I'm surprised there's not more discussion on this, I thought there was lots of tie ins to upcoming avengers.
jbsj9698
AG
I love Colson how mentions Fury and then says "spoiler alert" when he sees Adama's reaction.
redline248
AG
Yes, he's talking about the 2 that are in avengers. Which we all learned about at the end of cap 2, hydra holding them.

I kind of wish they weren't promoting the movie so much in commercial spots.

I loved the spoiler alert comment. Also thought the scene with Sky taking everyone out was awesome.
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
Yes, he's talking about the 2 that are in avengers. Which we all learned about at the end of cap 2, hydra holding them.

Going to the last commercial break, instead of "Stay tuned for more Marvel's Agents of Shield", Coulson just said "Stay tuned for more Marvel". Then they showed an AoU clip, and then preview of next week.
redline248
AG
What's your point?
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
quote:

Going to the last commercial break, instead of "Stay tuned for more Marvel's Agents of Shield", Coulson just said "Stay tuned for more Marvel". Then they showed an AoU clip, and then preview of next week.
Just found it interesting
redline248
AG
I'm still confused. Are you saying the movie hasn't had a ton of commercial spots?

Maybe I should have been more clear, that I meant commercials everywhere, not just during agents.
MooreTrucker
AG
No, I was supporting you point about the commercials. Overload even to the point of changing the "typical" ending of the show.
91_Aggie
AG
Fun episode... I liked Ward's speech and they show everyone's faces like they are thinking seriously about believing him, and then Skye say's "I would shoot you again" and someone else says "Yes, but in the face this time"

BigRobSA
quote:
I loved the spoiler alert comment. Also thought the scene with Sky taking everyone out was awesome.
I concur.

Skye went Ward/May on their asses! I also like how she "opened up" to Ward about her powers by showing him...mid-battle...how she rolls, now.
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
No, I was supporting you point about the commercials. Overload even to the point of changing the "typical" ending of the show.

They've done this with every movie release, and with the ultron and ant man reveals.
bedofbrass33
AG
Awesome episode. Anyone have any ideas on Theta Protocol?

The Avengers are obviously central to it. I wonder if Shield releases the twins and they are free when the movie arrives. Alternately they are released by Ultron or the Avengers in the movie.

Raina is going to cause a lot of problems between knowing the future and being butthurt at Skye about everything.
FTACO97
AG
quote:
Awesome episode. Anyone have any ideas on Theta Protocol?

The Avengers are obviously central to it. I wonder if Shield releases the twins and they are free when the movie arrives. Alternately they are released by Ultron or the Avengers in the movie.

Raina is going to cause a lot of problems between knowing the future and being butthurt at Skye about everything.
I have a feeling Theta Protocol has to do with Ultron and all the other robots. Has to do with all the extra trips Coulson has been making (builidng a facility to hold 100 people <factory maybe?>, etc). Remember that as of the end of Winter Soldier, Maria Hill now works for Stark. And Stark...

SPOILER

is the one who has created Ultron and these other robots to protect the world
(though I don't think this is really spoiler at this point, as I've seen the statement that Stark created Ultron just about everywhere).
TexasAggie_02
AG
Coulson also alluded to the special cargo on Gonzalez's ship. Will be interesting to see how long they drag that out, and what the cargo is.
PlayToWin2000
AG
I may be way off, but wasn't Theta protocol mentioned at the end of the first Avengers? Something to do with how Fury will contact them when the earth needs them again?
Saxsoon
AG
Ward in talking about the good times and the team getting together.

And holy **** with the spoiler alert and Maria Hill phone call.
Saxsoon
AG
Also damn, May (and to an extent Ward) trained Skye REALLY REALLY well

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.