*****Marvels Agents of SHIELD - Season 2*****

87,627 Views | 746 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by TajMaballer
jabberwalkie09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
THE ****?! Well, this should be interesting to see how it plays out.....
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
quote:
Gemma?
Volun-told prospect #1 for Skye's powered team.
I totally forgot what they called that thing.... Anyone remember?
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
quote:
quote:
Gemma?
As long as they don't kill her off. Met the chick. Actually hot in person and super cool.
bedofbrass33
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Gemma?
I totally forgot what they called that thing.... Anyone remember?
I think they were just calling it the Kree Stone.

I'm concerned that the rock has sentience and is programmed to kill Inhumans. Gemma is going to turn into a molten-rock Terminator thing that has it out for Skye and her team.

Ward leading a new Hydra should be fun. Wonder if they will get big enough to make it into the movies again at some point.
toucan82
I hate that people-eating rock
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Gemma?
As long as they don't kill her off. Met the chick. Actually hot in person and super cool.
You are in luck, according to this link regarding who is returning for season three she will be back.
TexasAggie_02
AG
They even kept the tradition of someone losing a hand in every Phase 2 IP.
The Debt
quote:
Science, biatch.

Just saw it. Good stuff.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
They even kept the tradition of someone losing a hand in every Phase 2 IP.
It happened twice this season.
The Debt
I'm really drugged right now, I can't understand the nuance. Did coulsen/shield drop the crystals in the water? Are they trying to find unmorphed inhumans, by killings thousands of unsuspecting health nuts?
dcaggie04
AG
No, when Jiayang and her associates were trying to leave with the case of crystals, Skype stop her. Then when Jiayang was trying to take her life, Skype used her powers to knock the quintet they were going to escape in into the ocean.
R0GUE
AG
Can't wait for next season! In the comics Daisy leads a team called the Secret Warriors, looks like that's the direction they are going!
jabberwalkie09
AG
So, the plans that Coulson was printing up at the end episode. Was it me, or did those look like plans for either a new bus or a new model of Quinjet?
redline248
AG
Looked like an aircraft of some sort.

Do you think when the show returns Gemma will be out of the block like nothing happened, or she'll have been "missing" for a while?

By the way, what is that thing?
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Looked like an aircraft of some sort.

Do you think when the show returns Gemma will be out of the block like nothing happened, or she'll have been "missing" for a while?

By the way, what is that thing?
All we really know is that it is Kree and it is something the Inhumans thought would destroy them. Whether destroy in a literal sense, or metaphorically by stripping them of their powers is anyone's guess really. I'm kind of wondering though, if in non-Inhumans it can adjust them to be Inhumans.

As to Simmons, I'm hoping they don't string it out too long if she is gone for awhile. Part of me wishes that she will just pop out of it at the start of next season with her not remembering being sucked into it, Fitz finding her standing there asking if she is ready to go to dinner. Then the rest of the season she has to deal with either remembering it and getting powers (which would be ironic considering how she approached Skye's powers) till she gains control of it eventually.

At any rate, it allows for the Inhuman characters to be recurring on the show now. Also given how Coulson wants to put a secret, anonymous team together I think it's fairly safe to assume that Lincoln will show up on the show again. Especially since they are practically throwing it in our faces that the artifact will be important, at least for a portion of next season.
R0GUE
AG
Maybe that last scene was the origin story of a new villain: Simnom!

FTACO97
AG
It actually made me think of the venom-type symbiote the way it grabbed Simmons, too. Made me wonder if they might make her Spider-Woman...doubtful I guess.
R0GUE
AG
quote:
It actually made me think of the venom-type symbiote the way it grabbed Simmons, too. Made me wonder if they might make her Spider-Woman...doubtful I guess.
Yeh, I'm 99.9% joking, but it WOULD be cool.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Looking back on it last night, I'm thinking that it is most likely some kind of symbiote as it has displayed a sort of intelligence IMO when it goes into its liquid/fluid-like state around Inhumans. I think each time it did, an Inhuman was in the room. If it is as a symbiote, I wonder how Jemma's personality will be changed by it or if Simmons will even really exist as she was after it.

I'm thinking that she will gain some powers, but I think she will have a hard time dealing with it. She wasn't readily accepting of Skye after her transformation, so this would be an interesting journey in her story.

Any speculation of who she may become? Original character or someone from the comics?
Red Five
AG
Fun finale!

Last week people found it hard to believe Jaiying would turn on Gonzales so suddenly, I thought they did a good job this week showing how corrupt she was and had been hiding it from (almost) everyone. I thought it was perfect when Cal said he put her back together but she was never the same.

Also probably the dad in me, but I found it heartbreaking when Skye told him he has a lot of best days ever and he said, "No, just one." and then we see him with his mind wiped later.

I have to say I jumped a little when the axe came down on Coulson's arm. Was not expecting that. Great scene.

I expect we will be seeing Lincoln as a regular in Skye's Secret Warriors. It seemed to me like they were closing the book on non-powered SHIELD with May and Bobbi wanting out (perhaps May only temporarily). I'm thinking next season will center more on the powers with SHIELD HQ backup in the form of Coulson, Fitz, and Mack (remains to be seen which group Simmons will be a part of).

Also, that redhead tho.
TexasAggie_02
AG
i wonder what happened to the inhumans that were still on the ship. lincoln, the red head, etc.
Red Five
AG
Have to assume they were taken into custody by SHIELD right? Gordon was the only way they'd get off otherwise.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
I have to say I jumped a little when the axe came down on Coulson's arm. Was not expecting that. Great scene.

I expect we will be seeing Lincoln as a regular in Skye's Secret Warriors. It seemed to me like they were closing the book on non-powered SHIELD with May and Bobbi wanting out (perhaps May only temporarily). I'm thinking next season will center more on the powers with SHIELD HQ backup in the form of Coulson, Fitz, and Mack (remains to be seen which group Simmons will be a part of).

Also, that redhead tho.
Yeah, not an Inhuman. Mack's face had the look of "What did I just do?!"

I also get the feeling that they are transitioning to a powered SHIELD force. Coulson's mention of them needing to be more mobile was interesting, so looks like more unique locations to go to. The plans at the end of the episode looked like they were for either a new Quinjet or bus. So maybe they are going back to the original style of the show, with a team going out to take care of things?

Correct me if I am wrong, but Fury was in charge of the Secret Warriors in the comics right? And with Coulson in charge now of SHIELD (and only one council member left, science academy lady), he is just taking over that role I guess. I'm positive that this storyline will be next season's tie-in to Civil War.

May will return she is needed though, of that I have little doubt. I'm kind of hoping that she doesn't return right off the bat, but that either her ex-husband or Coulson have to convince her to come back. Coulson is basically Skye's surrogate father, with May being her surrogate mother. I would imagine Skye getting into something being the catalyst to bring her back.

Bobbi's confession of "I can't do this anymore" was interesting. Since the spinoff isn't happening, I am leaning towards them teaming up for missions almost exclusively for missions from now on. I can't really see Morse leaving SHIELD, and I don't see Hunter going anywhere without her now. Those two are pretty much tied together from now on IMO.

I read something last night that there will be a time jump for next season but they don't know how much time it will be, and that what happened to Simmons was discussed before the end of the season. I hope that they pull off her apparent disappearance well. Fitz and Simmons just can't catch a break it seems.
R0GUE
AG
quote:
quote:

Correct me if I am wrong, but Fury was in charge of the Secret Warriors in the comics right? And with Coulson in charge now of SHIELD (and only one council member left, science academy lady), he is just taking over that role I guess. I'm positive that this storyline will be next season's tie-in to Civil War.

Fury was in charge but he led mostly in absentia. Daisy handled on the ground operations.
tylhair
AG
Deathlok will probably be on Skye's team
jabberwalkie09
AG
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
Deathlok will probably be on Skye's team

Which is great because they have great chemistry, I think.
91_Aggie
AG
quote:
i wonder what happened to the inhumans that were still on the ship. lincoln, the red head, etc.
Skye didn't want to kill them... said their weren't bad, just misled.

Will assume that the Red head and LIncoln will be part of Skye secret team... although the red head really did enjoy fighting Shield... she may have been too far gone like the teleportin' guy.

YellowPot_97
AG
quote:
quote:
Skye didn't want to kill them... said their weren't bad, just misled.

Will assume that the Red head and LIncoln will be part of Skye secret team... although the red head really did enjoy fighting Shield... she may have been too far gone like the teleportin' guy.

Skye didn't say that, Lincoln said it to May to keep her from shooting the multiplying girl
91_Aggie
AG
Oh yeah. Got that mixed up
redline248
AG
So, pretty safe to assume that tons and tons of people are going to either end up dead or with powers b/c of the crystal modified fish oil?
benMath08
AG
quote:
So, pretty safe to assume that tons and tons of people are going to either end up dead or with powers b/c of the crystal modified fish oil?
It seems like a really weird story arc to go down, but then again Civil War would make a lot more sense if the number of people who need to "register" increases dramatically. I guess it would also be a good way to introduce and explain a large number of non-mutant "mutants" as well.

My main worry for the show is that it will become expensive to display a bunch of people with super powers all the time and keep the production values consistent with what they've been doing. As long as that doesn't affect the show's ability to not get cancelled I'm cool with it.
AliasMan02
AG
Fwiw I think that Civil War registration will be about superheroes joining an official peacekeeping body, not anyone with powers. The Index maintained by SHIELD is a bit different.
rhutton125
AG
I don't think Civil War is going to deal with registration in the MCU. Here's the premise according to wikipedia.

***Captain America 3 spoilers, I guess***

quote:
After the events of Avengers: Age of Ultron, when Captain America and the Avengers' handling of an international incident results in collateral damage, politicians look to form a system of accountability and a governing body to determine when to call in the Avengers, which results in the fracturing of the team while they attempt to protect the world from a new enemy.

R0GUE
AG
quote:
I don't think Civil War is going to deal with registration in the MCU. Here's the premise according to wikipedia.

***Captain America 3 spoilers, I guess***

quote:
After the events of Avengers: Age of Ultron, when Captain America and the Avengers' handling of an international incident results in collateral damage, politicians look to form a system of accountability and a governing body to determine when to call in the Avengers, which results in the fracturing of the team while they attempt to protect the world from a new enemy.

Wouldn't registration be a system of accountability? And the governing Body would be the Initiative (as run by SHIELD most likely). So that synopsis makes me think its definitely going to be registration.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.