*****Marvels Agents of SHIELD - Season 2*****

87,628 Views | 746 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by TajMaballer
Ganondorf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I guess we aren't sure what Raina is at this point but she's clearly special.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
I think Raina is just a very curious and intelligent woman.

Looks like this season will introduce the Inhumans as a third faction in the fight between SHIELD and HYDRA, and possibly directly set up Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver for Avengers 2. It should be fun.
Natasha Romanoff
I'm really liking this season, even though we are just 2 episodes in. I like how they're using the new tech guy (Mac?) to try and help Fitz so that he's not going completely by the wayside but isn't have a miraculous comeback, either.

Will be fun to see Simmons in the coming episode.
The Debt
quote:
And 10 bucks the Obelisk is an infinity stone.
I'll take that bet.

Although its pretty compelling to call it the Soul Gem which can restore people, and you see writing plausibly similar to the scribblings of resurrected Coulson, Im gonna bet against it because they made a point to claim the box hasnt been opened since 1945. Plus it would mean some being greater than a human wielded the stone in order to restore Coulson.

Consider this, when the Germans were talking, underling said "i thought this bunker only housed artifacts" "nien, this item is quite advanced." This means its not ancient, its newer (engineered or alien). And "Red Skull thinks it holds the secret to Death." We have already been told that Thanos is attempting "to court Death." (bonus in Avengers)
texasaggie04
AG
I seem to recall from last season that Raina said something along the lines that she and Skye were both similar, so I tend to think that they are both inhumans.

And I assume that is Skye's dad at the end of the second episode.

The preview for next week looks pretty crazy, should be interesting to see what they're doing with Simmons.
texasaggie04
AG
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=55939

I found this article about inhumans to be a great theory. Basically, the inhumans in the MCU would have been created through experimentation of other humans (the Nazis) using the Kree (which they showed in the first episode of this season). That also matches the end sequence of Captain America 2 where Quicksilver & Scarlet Witch are being observed by the Nazis/Hydra there.
Dro07
AG
So inhumanans isn't a term they are using for Mutants? I figured that's what they were going with because they can't use the term Mutant
Ganondorf
AG
Inhumans are different than mutants. They get their powers from the Terrigen Mists.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inhumans
Aggie_Journalist
AG
My new guess is the obelisk will be tied to the Terrigen most, not an infinity stone. (Or they might tie the two together.)
Red Five
AG
I had been holding out hope that they would make Skye into Jessica Drew, but adding Inhumans into the MCU just makes a lot of sense given they can't use mutants.
Hotard06
AG
quote:
The preview for next week looks pretty crazy, should be interesting to see what they're doing with Simmons.

When they said Simmons left, I assumed it would be because she was trying to find a cure for Fitz. Maybe Hydra has something and she needs to infiltrate in order to get access.
Twelfthman
AG
quote:
When they said Simmons left, I assumed it would be because she was trying to find a cure for Fitz. Maybe Hydra has something and she needs to infiltrate in order to get access.

I expect her to be a double agent. Outright showing her as a Hydra agent in the preview is too much of a spoiler for something that could be used as a good twist.
israeliag
AG
My guess is the stone will be used as a cipher to decode the markings Coulsen writes.
R0GUE
AG
The Terrigen Mists come from Terrigen Crystals, so perhaps this is a crystal.
swimmerbabe11
I just now saw the teaser for episode 3...kinda wish that they wouldn't have spoiled that like that. I still just assumed she was good.

I did however, think that someone might be playing with Fitz's head to get information.
Dro07
AG

Thanks for spoiling for the people that haven't seen it
tylhair
AG
She could be undercover or something
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
I just now saw the teaser for episode 3...kinda wish that they wouldn't have spoiled that like that. I still just assumed she was good.

I did however, think that someone might be playing with Fitz's head to get information.
Eh, this was the first preview I had watched for an episode this season... I kind of wished I hadn't seen it either. I may skip watching any of the previews for the rest of the year.
YellowPot_97
AG
I guess they are going with "gifted" instead of mutant.
R0GUE
AG
quote:
I guess they are going with "gifted" instead of mutant.

Well... not necessarily. A mutant in the Marvel Universe has to be born with the genetic code to have powers. So for example Spider-Man is not a mutant, because his powers came from the radioactive spider. All of the "gifted" characters they've introduced so far: Absorbing Man, Graviton, Blizzard, Blackout - they've all been characters who were given powers through external scientific means. So they are not mutants in the Marvel sense.

I'm assuming that until Fox releases control of the X-Men you will never see a true "mutant", meaning someone born with powers, in AoS.
texasaggie04
AG
Just watched the third episode, I really enjoyed it. I like how they closed the loop (maybe) with blizzard and worked in the brainwashing.
Ganondorf
AG
I bet that guy comes back. His body was being covered with ice so he might pull a Captain America and survive.
Red Five
AG
quote:
I bet that guy comes back. His body was being covered with ice so he might pull a Captain America and survive.
That was my thought too. I'm still hoping we get the Masters of Evil. Creel and Blizzard were both members.
R0GUE
AG
Tonight's episode had lots of really great moments, but the best was when Fitz got to "bro down" with Lance and Mac.
redline248
AG
Pretty good episode.

"Can't believe I'm the only one seeing this"
redline248
AG
Pretty good episode.

"Can't believe I'm the only one seeing this"
Stupe
S
I've been skipping this thread since I was behind, but I'm really liking season 2.

Did anyone else wonder why they put a virus on the Bus instead of a tracking device?
redline248
AG
figured if it's Colson's team they'd just kill a bunch of high level agents at once?
Cibalo
I liked that Fitz is getting back involved to some point. There was a lot of May in this episode and I just don't think she is a good enough actress to pull off that much screen time. I also thought they made her look weak in that fight with the other female Hydra agent. They have built her up as this straight badass you don't want to mess with and then she needs a 5 minute fight scene and only wins because of some electrical wires. I would have rather her take them both out before Colson knew what was happening.
CGSC Lobotomy
quote:
We already know that someone else is undercover with them. (Trying to be super vague on purpose here).

Well, we do, but the general audience assumes that this individual is simply HYDRA's head of security.
CGSC Lobotomy
I still think Skye is Mantis and that Kyle McLaughlin's character is Maximus the Mad.
R0GUE
AG
quote:
I liked that Fitz is getting back involved to some point. There was a lot of May in this episode and I just don't think she is a good enough actress to pull off that much screen time. I also thought they made her look weak in that fight with the other female Hydra agent. They have built her up as this straight badass you don't want to mess with and then she needs a 5 minute fight scene and only wins because of some electrical wires. I would have rather her take them both out before Colson knew what was happening.

On one hand I'm inclined to agree with you that it took her a long time to dispatch that chick. But I do think it was a really badass choreographed fight so I didn't mind too much really. Plus she had a kickass finishing move! They should have just made that the end of the fight though. Having Agent 33 get back up after that undercut how awesome that move was.
91_Aggie
AG
I think the cloned-May made a comment during the fight of "I know all your moves". Not sure if that was the result of the mask she put on from May's DNA, or if she perhaps studied May extensively as part of her Job Requirements for HYDRA, but the writers did attempt to address the question fanboys would have of:
"I thought May was supposed to be a Bad-Ass, why is it taking her so long to beat up this chick".

redline248
AG
She used to be a shield agent (since brainwashed) so she probably studied May in training.
Cibalo
yeah and Saben studied JFF all off-season and still had no answer for him.

The May vs Ward fight was good because she hung with another badass that was bigger and stronger than her and given their time working and training together the would be more familar with each other.

Some random Hydra female agent has SHIELD training and watched some film on May and all of a sudden she is May's equal? They called May "The Calvary". Maybe we are supposed to think she is just old now and has lost a step or two since they make it seem like she and Colson came up together.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.