*****Marvels Agents of SHIELD - Season 2*****

87,916 Views | 746 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by TajMaballer
jabberwalkie09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
We've seen a deceased Kree, (safe assumption) body in a SHIELD lab. So why wouldn't Fury know about that?
I just saw this today on that note, SPOILER link.
redline248
AG
Yeah, that's not really much of a spoiler.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Meh, i thought I would throw it in there for anyone who doesn't usually read the forum or watch closely.
redline248
AG
No worries. So if (THAT'S NOT HER NAME!) is Inhuman, what powers will manifest when she gets to that city?
R0GUE
AG
quote:
I keep hoping for Kyle Maclachlan to ask for a "damn fine cup of cofee"

I keep waiting for him to pop his little bike helmet on and jump on a Segway. Then he can introduce Whitehall to his assistants, Fred and Carrie.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
Yeah, I should have been clear. Although, I assumed you were smarter than that.

91_Aggie
AG
quote:
Didn't Senator Ward talk about how Agent Ward manipulates people into believing his lies?

Is it possible that Ward "convinced" his brother to kill his parents then himself? If that's the case, the guards wouldn't need to be touched.

If we really believe that the Senator was telling the truth when Ward told him he had to tell the truth, then it really was the Senator who manipulated Ward back then..

But hard to know what to believe when Ward had him confess under duress.

I just don't think ward could convince him to kill his parents and then himself. That's going a little too far unless Ward has a "power" we don't know about... but if he was that good why couldn't he convince Skye when she was visiting him in his holding cell. (oh, yeah Skye's an alien and was immune).

But to manipulate someone into killing themselves and their parents (not in that order) is not believable.
texasaggie04
AG
My biggest question is what is Ward's angle?

We know Whitehall is bad guy, let's control the world.
Skye's dad is hey let's kill everybody.
Coulson & co are save the world.

What is Ward trying to do? He seems to be looking to achieve his own ends, but we don't know what they are.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
I think Ward is trying to redeem himself as his own sort of twisted vigilante. Capturing Whitehall's No. 2 for SHIELD shows he's trying to redeem himself in the team's eyes, and killing his brother and parents was Vigilante justice against the first people to ever wrong him. His worldview is still incredibly skewed from Garrett and his childhood, but in his eyes he's doing the right things by helping the team in the only way he knows how: infiltrating the enemy and ruthlessly kicking ass.
Sex Panther
AG
I'm guessing Ward will sacrifice himself to save Skye eventually. I think he's past the point of redemption so that's really the only way to go with him. Unless they try and make him the super big bad stretching across the entire show's run.

Either way, he's hands down the best character.
TajMaballer
AG
Season 1 is finally on Netflix! Can someone help me out and post the season 1 thread?
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
Season 1 is finally on Netflix! Can someone help me out and post the season 1 thread?

Here you go
TajMaballer
AG
quote:
quote:

Here you go

Thanks bud!
Vander
AG
Ward is going full Punisher now. Guy is absolutely insane and is going to kill anyone and everyone in his way. His development this season has been nothing short of fantastic.
CGSC Lobotomy
What if Ward changes his name to Tony Masters?
Ganondorf
AG
Is there a character like punisher that Ward might transform into? I can't imagine they'll kill him at this point now that everyone loves evil Ward.
Natasha Romanoff
Guess I'm in the minority of not liking Ward's character much. Not entirely sure why I dislike him, but I guess it's more he gives me nothing to like about him.

Have absolutely loved this show though. Completely hooked.
R0GUE
AG
quote:
Is there a character like punisher that Ward might transform into? I can't imagine they'll kill him at this point now that everyone loves evil Ward.

The only one I could think of. He's a really minor character though.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scourge_of_the_Underworld

quote:
What if Ward changes his name to Tony Masters?

Taskmaster would be a much cooler villain for the show, but he has a more established backstory and low level powers, so I can't see them making Ward into Tasky really.
CrawfordAg
AG
Season 1 is now streaming on Netflix.
RedbeardAG
AG
Hmmm
jabberwalkie09
AG
Some interesting events happened in the episode tonight. Ward kept his word. It seems that Ward is going to try and redeem himself. I guess the question is, who is going to die next? It is a Whedon show after all...

From the preview: "Time to see what we become." Yep, that pretty much confirms it, Skye is an Inhuman.
redline248
AG
Except I thought the city was supposed to be in the Himalayas.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
I guess, I am not knowledgeable of the comic books to know the details.
redline248
AG
I'm not either, but it was mentioned on this thread somewhere.
R0GUE
AG
quote:
Well, in the comics, the city moves around a lot. Its been in the Himalayas, and on the moon, and currently it's floating in the New York City Harbor. And by moves around, I mean the whole city has sufficient technology to float and/or teleport around physically. So its very much a mobile base. Thus, putting its location somewhere it has never been before is not a big change from the comics really.

But also, considering this seems to be a ruined city, perhaps it's an abandoned Kree/Inhuman settlement from the past. Attilan itself, could still be in the Himalayas or on the moon or hidden elsewhere. That would make sense, considering there would be living breathing inhabitants in Attilan, not just a haunted ruin.
redline248
AG
Good points.
Sex Panther
AG
So Patton Oswalt was triplets?
R0GUE
AG
quote:
Yes, or else he is a LMD, a Life Model Decoy.
91_Aggie
AG
quote:
quote:
Well, in the comics, the city moves around a lot. Its been in the Himalayas, and on the moon, and currently it's floating in the New York City Harbor. And by moves around, I mean the whole city has sufficient technology to float and/or teleport around physically. So its very much a mobile base. Thus, putting its location somewhere it has never been before is not a big change from the comics really.

But also, considering this seems to be a ruined city, perhaps it's an abandoned Kree/Inhuman settlement from the past. Attilan itself, could still be in the Himalayas or on the moon or hidden elsewhere. That would make sense, considering there would be living breathing inhabitants in Attilan, not just a haunted ruin.

Show only had budget for filming in Puerto Rico.
R0GUE
AG
C'mon Papa Disney! Pony up some cash!!
Red Five
AG
If nothing else, even if it's not Attilan, we have the Kree mentioned by name as the creators of the diviner. That seems to be a go for inhumans.
R0GUE
AG
Yeh Raina really seemed to spell it all out for Sky, including the idea that the Kree were tinkering on humans, so that's pretty much full validation for the Inhumans theory.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:

Ward's reaction to seeing all them was pretty good.
Stupe
S
I actually said...out loud....DON'T TOUCH THAT.

He should have listened to me.
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
quote:

Ward's reaction to seeing all them was pretty good.
and the continuing "how many of you are there????" comments.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.