*****Marvels Agents of SHIELD - Season 2*****

87,694 Views | 746 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by TajMaballer
Aggie_Journalist
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
When Coulson mentioned going after the final hydra head, someone who's been rounding up specials and experimenting on them, think he was talking about the fella from the post credit scene of captain America? The one the avengers likely attack to open AoU? Sounds like we might be gearing up for a very strong Age of Ultron setup over the next several weeks!

I wonder if we'll see Coulson in the movie or any of the avengers / Nick Fury in the show the weeks ahead. I have a feeling the Avengers would likely back Coulson's SHIELD over the other one, and seeing Fury or Agent Hill with some Stark Tech tipping the scales would be pretty sweet.

Or maybe Coulson goes after the last hydra guy and we get a taste of Scarlet Witch and/or Quicksilver wrecking shop when he shows up...
Aggie_Journalist
AG
quote:
So does that mean that it is possible that what's his face isn't dead if he took her abilities?

I hope you're right. Whitehall's demise was very anticlimactic. It would be cool to see him return later this season or next season.
Saxsoon
AG
I could see a blur running past them or a spark of red magic as they leave maybe giving a quick rundown of how she will eventually cause the avengers to turn against each other. The best part is you don't need either actor to arrive in the show
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
I have a feeling the Avengers would likely back Coulson's SHIELD
Isn't that the setup for Civil War?
redline248
AG
It could be in the movie universe, although I think Cap and Stark would both support Coulson. In the comics, it was b/c Stark supported the government's law to require superheroes to register/take off the masks. Cap was like "f that bruh"
The Debt
quote:
It could be in the movie universe, although I think Cap and Stark would both support Coulson. In the comics, it was b/c Stark supported the government's law to require superheroes to register/take off the masks. Cap was like "f that bruh"

I disagree. Coulson is likely gonna be on the anti-Index side, with Cap. Stark will end up proIndex with admiral adame.
redline248
AG
I can see it either way, honestly. I figured Stark would have enough respect/friendship with Coulson from previous movies, though.
Saxsoon
AG
quote:
quote:

I disagree. Coulson is likely gonna be on the anti-Index side, with Cap. Stark will end up proIndex with admiral adame.
Except even Coulson is in favor of the index currently and if I remember currently has added Skye to it. He did agree with Simmons about adding a new classification of supers into the index.
R0GUE
AG
It would be interesting if Coulson was on Stark's side, because in the comics almost everyone on that side came across as incredibly dickish. It would be kind of nice to have a more friendly face, who makes some reasonable arguments for why its important to have registration for super-powered beings.
The Debt
quote:
quote:
quote:

I disagree. Coulson is likely gonna be on the anti-Index side, with Cap. Stark will end up proIndex with admiral adama.
Except even Coulson is in favor of the index currently and if I remember currently has added Skye to it. He did agree with Simmons about adding a new classification of supers into the index.
(Emphasis added)

Coulson may think differently when he himself gets put on it, and/or sees Adama's plans for it. Its pretty clear AoU is gonna rock the boat and lead to the Civil War.

I dont see Adama as someone who will be anti-Index. I think since Stark has largely "hung it up", Fury already separated Stark from IronMan in the original Avenger dossier, Stark has seen the issues the suit has brought to his life. In IM3 he was giving Jarvis control of his 40+ suits, (android), and was able to use those bots as effective as him in the IronMan.

Oh sh-t there it is. We already know Stark plays a role in the creation of Ultron. But Fitz has the vibranium (to "rebuild shield") and IIRC Ultron has some indestructible qualities. There we go. We are like a month away from the AoU. Its here. Agents of Shield needs to move quickly.
TexasAggie_02
AG
RDJ said a year ago that he'd love to cameo in SHIELD, so it may still happen. Thus far though, we've only seen supporting characters on SHIELD (Sif, Fury [supporting can be debated], and Maria Hill).

I was really hoping that the "backup" last night would have been Iron Man or War Machine, but i was glad to see Deathlok back.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
Seeing Deathlok show up and learning he's been hunting hydra for a year without our awareness also makes it more likely other avengers might have spent the past year secretly working for Coulson as well.

Interesting idea that the box might be given to Stark, leading in some way to the creation of Ultron...
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
RDJ said a year ago that he'd love to cameo in SHIELD, so it may still happen. Thus far though, we've only seen supporting characters on SHIELD (Sif, Fury [supporting can be debated], and Maria Hill).
In addition to RDJ saying that, Jeremy Renner I think has also expressed interest in appearing on the show. Depending on whether Stark is aware of Coulson being alive (whether Hill said anything or if he figured it out on his own) at least IMO would determine if Stark appears on the show. I can see Hawkeye showing up on the side of Gonzalez's SHIELD though given his past history being manipulated by Loki, and actually I expect that to be the case.

I agree with The Debt, and find the notion that Fitz will give Stark the cube setting up events for AoU very interesting plot wise. There is no doubt in my mind that fallout from AoU's events will lead directly into Civil War. But I am starting to think that they are actually going to use the show as a kind of prologue to setup events for AoU, rather than just to feel the fallout from the movie's events as has happened in the past.

Between now and the end of the season, there is going to be a lot happening on the show. There are three episodes before AoU's premier and three after.
TexasAggie_02
AG
Interesting thought I had the other day is that the movies and SHIELD are coinciding in real time, so to speak. That works for now, but I was thinking back at iron man 3. It was a May release that took place in December.

If that happens with a future movie, does SHIELD acknowledge it in real time, or wait until the appropriate month to roll around?

How will summer releases affect SHIELD? Guardians didn't matter last summer, since it wasn't earth bound.
bedofbrass33
AG
quote:
When Coulson mentioned going after the final hydra head, someone who's been rounding up specials and experimenting on them, think he was talking about the fella from the post credit scene of captain America? The one the avengers likely attack to open AoU?

Yep. Baron Von Strucker and Dr. List were the ones at the end of Cap 2 experimenting with Loki's staff to create supers. Dr. List represented Von Strucker at Hydra meetings but obviously was not killed with the other heads of Hydra.
texasaggie04
AG
This show is just getting awesome. Great setup at the end w/ the cube and allusion to chasing Ward.

And I was hoping for a cameo from one of the Avengers, but I flipped when Deathlok came back. Been missing that guy.

Still not sure what happened to the triplets though. Shouldn't they be wandering around the SHIELD base?
The Debt
quote:
Interesting thought I had the other day is that the movies and SHIELD are coinciding in real time, so to speak. That works for now, but I was thinking back at iron man 3. It was a May release that took place in December.

If that happens with a future movie, does SHIELD acknowledge it in real time, or wait until the appropriate month to roll around?

How will summer releases affect SHIELD? Guardians didn't matter last summer, since it wasn't earth bound.

Well the very week after CA2 came out, ward flipped to hydra as the episode dealt with the schism in shield.

Iron man 3, however, was the final movie to release prior to the tv show. The first episodes, iirc, dealt with extremis from im3.
TajMaballer
AG
I had the goofiest smile on my face when Fitz opened the sandwich up. First half of season 1 had its problems but FitzSimmons was probably my favorite part and kept me interested.
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
quote:

Well the very week after CA2 came out, ward flipped to hydra as the episode dealt with the schism in shield.

Iron man 3, however, was the final movie to release prior to the tv show. The first episodes, iirc, dealt with extremis from im3.

Which is basically what I said.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
quote:

I think they'll stick to real time, but one of the bigger questions that just popped into my mind is how will the show interact with movies that take place over a period of weeks or months? Thor 2 and Cap 2 both took place over a number of days, less than a week and easy to sandwich between episodes. AoU looks like it could take place place over several weeks. Does this mean the final three eps will take place during AoU? Or will the fina three episodes take place weeks later in MVU time?
Dr. Horrible
Or how will the netflix series interact when the entire season is released at once. Daredevil right now may not be impacted, but he will be impacted post civil war.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
That's a good point. I'm guessing we're supposed to assume Netflix series end, MVU time-wise, on the date they're released, but we'll see soon enough.
The Debt
quote:
That's a good point. I'm guessing we're supposed to assume Netflix series end, MVU time-wise, on the date they're released, but we'll see soon enough.

Is the Daredevil actor, cannon, universe aligned with the rest of marvel?

I ask because I doubt Tom Jane and Wesley snipes will show up for the civil war, despite how badass that would be.
texasaggie04
AG
I haven't watched any daredevil episodes. Is this something I need to do?
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
I thought DD hit Netlix tomorrow.............?
Sex Panther
AG
It is my understanding that Daredevil along with Agents of SHIELD and the three other Netflix shows that are in production (The Defenders) will be part of the MCU, which is basically the Marvel Studios Universe. Blade and Punisher weren't part of that, although Marvel now owns their rights.

I would guess Marvel is going to play a wait and see strategy to their involvement in the movies, although if I had to guess, they probably won't ever make an appearance. These are the "street level" heroes, who wouldn't be able to do much against a guy like Thanos... Maybe they get a Defenders movie?

If Daredevil is wildly popular (which I expect it to be), then maybe he gets in.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:

Drops tomorrow. Guess it's up to you. Initial reviews are stellar and it looks awesome though.
redline248
AG
I actually hope they don't introduce Blade/vampires into the movie plots.
The Debt
quote:

Mephisto or the shadow king would be fun
91_Aggie
AG
They really don't want to show Skye's dad in "beast mode".
Ornithopter
AG
I think they're saving it for a surprise, they've definitely hinted at it though.
israeliag
AG
quote:
quote:

Mephisto or the shadow king would be fun
These would make sense to interact with Strange, wouldn't they?
The Debt
I'm not familiar with Dr Strange but I would say yes.

The shadow king is more an xmen villain, but apparently (checking the wiki) he was cahooting in Germany with baron von strucker. So he certainly has a larger marvel tie in.

Btw, when will we see that villain they created in S1?
Stupe
S
quote:
I had the goofiest smile on my face when Fitz opened the sandwich up. First half of season 1 had its problems but FitzSimmons was probably my favorite part and kept me interested.
Same here.

I also had the same goofy smile when Coulson said "I just wanted to see the look on your face".
swimmerbabe11
So, I just watched the last three episodes.

I cracked up at the Edible Arrangements comment...how much do you think that cost?

Also, Skye fought reallly well for having stress fractures.

I'm not sure I've ever felt so frustrated as I was while watching Skye in the Afterlife...so many Vague answers and "I thought you knews" at some point its like UM DUH. DUHHHHHHH. SHE DOESN'T KNOW ANYTHING OR YOU. Why should she trust you!?

Loving it though, can't wait to see where it all leads.

also, obligatory... Deathlok..so hot.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.