*****Marvels Agents of SHIELD - Season 2*****

87,921 Views | 746 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by TajMaballer
CGSC Lobotomy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Who was the guy at the end?
R0GUE
AG
New character I believe. I don't think we've seen him yet, nor has he been talked about in any news releases that I have seen. His identity is a mystery. Probably related to the paintings Coulson found though.
redline248
AG
They were really stupid about that transfer of Ward.
CGSC Lobotomy
Maybe that was intentional?
jabberwalkie09
AG
Gotta have a reason to bring Ward back in the story now that his brother has shown up. Coulson can say, "We tried, but your brother is a pathological liar, escape artist, and incredible assassin" and save face while Ward goes on the run from his brother. I have a feeling that the middle of the season (hiatus time until 2015) they will probably kill off a couple of characters, as that is the Whedon way of advancing the plotline.
benMath08
AG
I really hope letting Ward escape was intentional, otherwise that was a staggering display of incompetence.
redline248
AG
The more I think about it, the more it seems intentional. Most of the time Colson has been a step ahead of everyone. I just can't see the potential benefit from letting him go, unless he uses it as a test for Ward to prove himself redeemed...
jabberwalkie09
AG
I think Coulson made it pretty clear that they are not on the same team, and that Ward is only still around because he is useful and it is convenient for Coulson. When Coulson was listening to Ward's brother, I thought the fact that he mentioned to the brother he had him in his basement was a little convenient, like a way to get the brother to focus on something else other than SHIELD: trying to find Ward.
CGSC Lobotomy
quote:
The more I think about it, the more it seems intentional. Most of the time Colson has been a step ahead of everyone. I just can't see the potential benefit from letting him go, unless he uses it as a test for Ward to prove himself redeemed...

Or maybe they're tracking him.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
quote:

Getting the tattoos? Wasn't that Skye's father?

Regarding Ward's escape: I think Ward was in US military custody when he escaped. So, if anyone let him loose, it might have been his brother, who I suspect Ward wasn't lying about.
R0GUE
AG
quote:
quote:

Getting the tattoos? Wasn't that Skye's father?

Nope. Not Kyle MacLaughlin. Someone new. Unknown.
redline248
AG
Well, Ward and his brother can't both be telling the truth. On the one hand you have Ward with a history of lying and deceiving, but on the other hand you have him vowing to never lie to Skye again. So, if you believe his brother, he really wanted Ward to face trial and punishment. If you believe Ward, the brother just wants to screw with him. Only the 2nd scenario would fit with his brother letting him go.

Although, I think if anyone "let him go" it was Colson. Colson would have to know full well Ward is probably capable of escaping simple handcuffs and a 3 man guard.
lne2011
AG
The stranger at the end of the last episode is Brian Van Holt. He was on FX's "The Bridge."
Stupe
S
quote:
Although, I think if anyone "let him go" it was Colson. Colson would have to know full well Ward is probably capable of escaping simple handcuffs and a 3 man guard.

I had the same thought.
JonLobb
I think Colson let him go intentionally. They made it very clear in the episode that Sen. Ward is probably bad, maybe very bad. I had a problem with Colson just handing over his brother to him like that, it seemed out of character.
redline248
AG
The only thing that throws me off is the "you'll never be part of my team" rant.
JonLobb
quote:
The only thing that throws me off is the "you'll never be part of my team" rant.
maybe, but I can see how Colson could be using Ward anyways
swimmerbabe11
My theory: Ward will lead the team to Sky's father and then Coulson will recapture him and continue to threaten to send him to brother/figure out which of those is the 'real' bad guy.
R0GUE
AG
So the carvings/puzzle is a blueprint for a city. Attilan most likely. All the clues are coming together and point more and more to the Inhumans. I wonder if they'll find it in the Himilayas or on the moon? We also know the Kree predates ancient Egypt.
jabberwalkie09
AG
The revelations of the carvings was done very well IMO. Enjoyed tonight's episode.
Ganondorf
AG
I enjoyed this episode. Attilan won't be on the moon as they haven't shown any space stuff for Shield, like Sword's space station.
CGSC Lobotomy
If they are going to use the Moon, will they use the "blue area"?
Aggie_Journalist
AG
Cool resolution on the carvings mystery. I'd think they'd put the city on earth just so it's more within reach of everything (and the Himalayas are close to where Skye was originally found).

One complaint this season. Is anyone else annoyed by how dark most of the sets are? I'm guessing they're trying to save money by plunging the background in darkness so they don't have to fully decorate it, but sometimes I have trouble making out where they are or what exactly is going on because of it.
91_Aggie
AG
Coulson, people!
texasaggie04
AG
Enjoyed the episode as well. I think they'll make the city in the Himalayas because it fits with Skye's backstory. And they don't' have to worry about flying to the moon, etc.
TajMaballer
AG
quote:
We also know the Kree predates ancient Egypt.

This makes me hope that they go to Egypt and come across Moon Knight!
Quad Dog
AG
I wasn't a huge fan of the carving revelation. Thought it was a little too obvious.
Had no one on the team seen Close Encounters of the Third Kind? The real key to obsessive drawing is to use mashed potatoes as your medium.
Whos Juan
AG
Red Five
AG
It seems so obviously heading towards inhumans, but I think back to the Phase 3 reveal from a couple weeks ago and Feige said about the 2019 Inhumans movie that it felt like the right time to introduce the inhumans or something like that, would they introduce the characters 5 years before the movie? i assume we wouldnt ever see the royal family any way, so maybe its not a big deal.
tamusc
AG
Yeah, I was wondering how they're going to handle that narrative since it seems like we'll at least learn of the Inhumans by the end of this season.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Introducing a characater (this is an inhuman) is different from knowing about a character (inhumans exist, but are not shown), but that would be splitting a mighty fine hair for most of the fan base. Though this does present a problem because of Skye and her father's origin is largely unknown (I am expecting this to be resolved by the end of the season) and her father seems to possess some massive strength.
BigRobSA
You'd think the fact that Skye was the lone GH recipient that wasn't going all wall-carvy would tip them off that she's different.
tamusc
AG
quote:
You'd think the fact that Skye was the lone GH recipient that wasn't going all wall-carvy would tip them off that she's different.

They know she's different, just not how she's different.
R0GUE
AG
They think she's part alien, which if she's Inhuman, is somewhat accurate.
aTmLoKi
AG
I know they keep saying it's a map to a city - but could it be Wakanda? The timeline may gel a bit better than something inhuman related, even though it seems like we're headed that route eventually.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.