*****Marvels Agents of SHIELD - Season 2*****

87,919 Views | 746 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by TajMaballer
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So I totally did not know Agent Coulson (Clark Gregg) is married to Jennifer Grey. Lucky *******, she was my childhood celebrity crush.

redbaron788
AG
Maybe that's part of his power, that people don't remember him teleporting in?
91_Aggie
AG
quote:
So I totally did not know Agent Coulson (Clark Gregg) is married to Jennifer Grey. Lucky *******, she was my childhood celebrity crush.

When he was on Adventures of Old Christine, she guest starred as a crazy ex-girlfriend of his.

Also he calls her Baby when referring to her when he's on talk shows.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Ward and 33's storyline was interesting its own little twisted way. I'm thinking that Bobbi will see Hunter sooner than she planned.
redline248
AG
How close are we to the end of season?

This show really has a lot of layers going on right now.
jabberwalkie09
AG
There are 22 episodes on the season IIRC so there are 7 episodes left I think.
israeliag
AG
Not sure how this reflects on the show (or about me), but the only character on the show now that I care about, other than Coulsen, is Ward.

Nonetheless, I like the plot-lines and am curious to see how this whole other SHIELD plays out. Also, good additions in Admiral Adama and the scratchy voice guy from Fringe.
91_Aggie
AG
Two shields, Hydra, Ward-independent, Skye's Dad independent, old inhuman training cabal, likely Nick Fury doing stuff that Coulson's SHIELD doesn't know about...

lot's of stuff going on with lots of organizations... usually when a show gets this convoluted it starts going downhill... hopefully little brother Wheedon can keep it all from being a mish-mash mess.
jabberwalkie09
AG
I think the scratchy voice guy is named Kirk Acevedo, he is also on syfy's 12 Monkeys. Also did anyone else notice that the woman that is part of Adamas real shield was seen when Fitz and Simmons went to the academy?
aTmLoKi
AG
I felt like last night was a bit of a filler episode (with the exception of the Ward/33 stuff) leading into what looks to be an intense episode next week.
Stupe
S
quote:
Two shields, Hydra, Ward-independent, Skye's Dad independent, old inhuman training cabal, likely Nick Fury doing stuff that Coulson's SHIELD doesn't know about...

lot's of stuff going on with lots of organizations... usually when a show gets this convoluted it starts going downhill... hopefully little brother Wheedon can keep it all from being a mish-mash mess.
Yep.
redline248
AG
Isn't hydra effectively dead at the moment, with the exception of the scientist at the end of Cap2?
91_Aggie
AG
quote:
Isn't hydra effectively dead at the moment, with the exception of the scientist at the end of Cap2?

Had 4 people all kill each other that were near the top of the chain, but based on what the show showed us last year, there are thousands of HYDRA people out there all looking to move up the chain.

redline248
AG
quote:
quote:

Had 4 people all kill each other that were near the top of the chain, but based on what the show showed us last year, there are thousands of HYDRA people out there all looking to move up the chain.

Right, but in show terms, we probably won't be seeing them for a while as they try to pick up the pieces.
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
Didn't we see that old guy in prison at the end of a recent episode?
redline248
AG
quote:
quote:
uhm...I don't know? Are you thinking of the German scientist from Captain America that was cell mates with the Russian from that episode of Agent Carter?
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
uhm...I don't know? Are you thinking of the German scientist from Captain America that was cell mates with the Russian from that episode of Agent Carter?
That's it. I was confusing Agent Carter with Agents of SHIELD.
texasaggie04
AG
I agree w/ the comment that this felt like a bit of a filler episode. Not sure what the angle with Ward will be - besides just stirring up trouble everywhere.
texasaggie04
AG
Also want to mention that this episode felt like the first steps toward creating a superhero team - with Skye's gloves that I assume will help her control her powers effectively.

I just wonder when Coulson will eventually be exposed to terrigen mist and gain powers too (I assume that would happen since he has the Kree blood in him?). Not sure how that works, actually.
redline248
AG
Probably not the same, since he reacted negatively to that blood, while Skye reacted as if nothing had changed for her.
Ganondorf
AG
I don't think Coulson gets powers, he'll stay the regular human trying to defend the world against powered people.
swimmerbabe11
quote:
I don't think Coulson gets powers, he'll stay the regular human trying to defend the world against powered people.

Coulson is like a bad ass version of Xander from Buffy.
He is the Zeppo episode. (season 3 episode 13)
jabberwalkie09
AG
Looks like we have some flashback stuff happening in this week's episode.

http://comicbook.com/2015/03/30/new-agents-of-s-h-i-e-l-d-clip-ties-into-captain-america-the-win/

Also here is another short clip for this week's episode.

lne2011
AG
Great episode!
Ganondorf
chase128
AG
That was an awesome ending!

Glad that idiot that shot at Skye got impaled too
jabberwalkie09
redline248
AG
quote:

He's the least believable of the new group in terms of wanting to do the right thing. I don't trust him.
chase128
AG
quote:
quote:

He's the least believable of the new group in terms of wanting to do the right thing. I don't trust him.
TexasAggie_02
AG
Good Episode **spoilers**

Seems to me that "real" SHIELD is just a matter of perspective. I figured that they would be tied into Tony Stark's outfit, but it appears that they are just a group that took back a ship from HYDRA and decided that they were THE SHIELD.

Seeing as how Fury handed SHIELD over to Coulson, and has the pseudo-backing of General Talbot, i would say that Coulson's SHIELD is more legitimate. Will be interesting to see how this all plays out with Age of Ultron only a month away.

91_Aggie
AG
quote:
quote:

I would imagine the big reveal is that some of the new SHIELD are really HYDRA.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

I don't know about the new SHIELD being HYDRA, but I do get the impression that new SHIELD wants to get rid of all alien or abnormal influence. Which is probably why the team sent to "retrieve" Skye went straight to bullets and not icers to deal with her. When Acevedo's character was getting off the Quin Jet, it didn't appear he had any plan to bring Skye back alive.

Edit: Also, last night's episode with Olmos in it was somewhat reminiscent of the BSG episode "Blood on the Scales" when Gaeta and Zarek instigated a mutiny IIRC.
Saxsoon
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I don't know about the new SHIELD being HYDRA, but I do get the impression that new SHIELD wants to get rid of all alien or abnormal influence. Which is probably why the team sent to "retrieve" Skye went straight to bullets and not icers to deal with her. When Acevedo's character was getting off the Quin Jet, it didn't appear he had any plan to bring Skye back alive.

Edit: Also, last night's episode with Olmos in it was somewhat reminiscent of the BSG episode "Blood on the Scales" when Gaeta and Zarek instigated a mutiny IIRC.
The beginnings of SWORD
R0GUE
AG
I'm excited for the Bro Down between Coulson and Hunter.

I feel like one of the heads of "Real SHIELD" is going to flip and the best candidate for that is the woman who used to run the Academy. I bet Fitz and Simmons will figure out a way to appeal to her and get her on their side. If they flip her, then maybe they can flip Bobbi and Mack too.

jabberwalkie09
AG
I'm not familiar with the comics at all, but based on what I read on the wiki's about the organization it makes sense that this is probably the beginning of SWORD. It has come out of the ashes of Fury's SHIELD, and there is a power struggle going on for the title of SHIELD as an organization as evidenced in this latest episode. What would be interesting to see though is from what I gather SWORD is more closely aligned to the X-Men side of marvel, but from what I also understand was created by Joss Whedon and John Cassaday. Given that both Whedons had a hand in creating the show, it wouldn't be that much of a leap to consider that he would bring this into the show.

We know that Project Insight was designed to eliminate threats initially (until Hydra's agenda was revealed), and given what Fury said about the appearance of Thor and the reasoning behind for developing weapons that Hydra had to combat threats to the planet I would imagine that there are still some remnants of people who are loyal to SHIELD but still hold those views, still around.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.