*****Marvels Agents of SHIELD - Season 2*****

88,715 Views | 746 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by TajMaballer
BigTimeAlum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I would guess they are inhumans. They showed last episode that there were multiple obelisks that were stolen presumably by Hydra. The Baron probably has one.
israeliag
AG
I kind of hope Trip lives. I'm missing someone I actually care about on the ops team. But on the other hand, I think I'd feel cheated if he does end up living.

Also, and I'm forgetting the storyline a bit, but Evil Ward is still alive, right?
And the Patton Oswalt twins too?
israeliag
AG
A random idea I had on the "real SHIELD":

In the formation of SHIELD following the SSR, Peggy Carter, Howard Stark, and Jarvis, created a secret branch within SHIELD, in fears of both Hydra influencing its members as evident by the capabilities of Dr. Ivchenko, and (likely a more prominent reason) the government's poor decision making. This is the "real SHIELD".
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
A random idea I had on the "real SHIELD":

In the formation of SHIELD following the SSR, Peggy Carter, Howard Stark, and Jarvis, created a secret branch within SHIELD, in fears of both Hydra influencing its members as evident by the capabilities of Dr. Ivchenko, and (likely a more prominent reason) the government's poor decision making. This is the "real SHIELD".

Issue seems to be that they don't want Coulson in charge, though. I bet they're dedicated to fighting alien influence.
tamusc
AG
Interesting theory on who the "real" SHIELD is
AliasMan02
AG
quote:

Sold.
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
me, from previous page:

quote:
Heck, maybe even Maria Hill is working for SHIELD still. Her working for Stark could be a cover. We know in the Cival War comics that Tony wants more oversight of the supers, and Capt doesn't. What if Stark is bankrolling SHIELD? That would help drive the wedge even further leading up to Civil War next year.
great minds think alike
R0GUE
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Yup, but prior to Terrigenesis, the only characters who were innately powered in the (known) Marvel Cinematic Universe were Thor and the Asgardians, who are more like an alien species. No body was aware of no-eyes guy, or Skye's mother (well Whitehall and Zabo knew but it wasn't widely known, ie. they weren't on the database).
Was the pyro in the first season enhanced, or was he a "we-can't-use-the-word-mutant-but-he's-a-mutant"?

I thought it was very dumb that the razor blade lady had metal gloves, and not just had her razors removed.

I'm pretty sure that was a result from the same experiments in ironman 3. Forgot what they called it.

Extremis
lne2011
AG
From the first few seconds of this new trailer it does sound like it's Tony Stark's SHIELD:

New Ultron 60 second Trailer
tamusc
AG
Yep, I had read your comments and agreed with those as well. That posting I linked just did a great job laying everything out.
tamusc
AG
quote:
From the first few seconds of this new trailer it does sound like it's Tony Stark's SHIELD:

New Ultron 60 second Trailer
Definitely!
redline248
AG
Hill knows Fury is alive, right? Would she really work with Stark, in conflict with Fury's plans?
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
Hill knows Fury is alive, right? Would she really work with Stark, in conflict with Fury's plans?
Hill is the one that faked Fury's death, and brought Capt and Black Widow to him.

Question is, Does Fury side with Stark or Coulsen? Yes, he put Coulsen in Charge, but stark controls the Avengers, which is probably a higher priority. Maybe it's all more of Fury's compartmentalization.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
quote:
Apparently Lucy Lawless returns as Isabelle Hartley in March 31st, which is also going to guess star Olmos amongst others.

http://comicbook.com/2015/03/14/agents-of-s-h-i-e-l-d-one-door-closes-synopsis-released-featurin/
so either this will include a flashback, or the obelisk doesn't really kill you. maybe it sends you somewhere (why the hardening and then turning into ash though?). maybe the obelisk transports you via copy, and destroys the original.

Back in december, a pic was tweeted of clark gregg holding a note that said "trip lives." they later said that was a shout out to all the people tweeting "#triplives." This, coupled with Lucy Lawless returning, could mean that it is not a flashback.

I don't remember Hartley dying in the same manner as Trip, that is dying due to contact with the obelisk (like those that Whitehall forced to touch the obelisk). IIRC Hartley had her arm cutoff due to the contact, and then in the ensuing chase the mineral shifting guy (sorry don't recall the name) caused them to crash and roll over. I took it that it was heavily implied that she supposedly died in the rollover, not from the infection because she had her arm cutoff.
R0GUE
AG
Also, Clark Gregg himself admitted the #Tripplives hashtag was just wishful thinking and his way of showing support to his friend who had just left the show, not an indication that Tripp might still be alive.
TexasAggie_02
AG
forgot about cutting her arm off. Also, i acknowledge that they tried to debunk #triplives. But since i forgot about them cutting lucy lawless' arm off, i was hoping the two were linked.
The Debt
So Shield has no idea of SW and QS? Ok.

Thor really is the only innately super-being Sheild has seen? (Other than Loki, Sif (&co), and aliens of course)
R0GUE
AG
quote:

Thor really is the only innately super-being Sheild has seen? (Other than Loki, Sif (&co), and aliens of course)
I don't know or recall if we've been told the origin of Absorbing Man in the Cinematic Universe. In the comics, he was given powers by Loki, slipping him a potion that gave him his powers. If that were the case, Creel would be similar to the people affected by that Asgardian spear in Season 1. Still not "innately" powered though.

That's the only one I can think of who is not an Inhuman, who might be considered innately gifted.

It will be interesting to see the shift the MCU takes when they introduce Dr. Strange. How will magic be handled? Is it something that anyone can learn or just some privileged few? Will there be magical creatures akin to demons, like Mephisto, Blackheart, and Dormammu?
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
It will be interesting to see the shift the MCU takes when they introduce Dr. Strange. How will magic be handled? Is it something that anyone can learn or just some privileged few? Will there be magical creatures akin to demons, like Mephisto, Blackheart, and Dormammu?

I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure that Feige has said that in the same way that Guardians opened up the galactic Marvel universe (or something similar to that) Dr. Strange will open the door for the Magical side of things.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
quote:

I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure that Feige has said that in the same way that Guardians opened up the galactic Marvel universe (or something similar to that) Dr. Strange will open the door for the Magical side of things.

A lot of that groundwork is also laid out in Thor. I think you'll see Strange villains be presented as beings from another realm, like the Asgardians or the Dark Elves or the Frost Giants.

Remember that we've already seen some artifacts normally associated with Strange in Odin's vault.
redline248
AG
quote:

Well, they previously knew jack about the inhumans, so why should they know about the twins?
The Debt
quote:
quote:

ASTRAL PLANE OR GTFO!!!
The Debt
They already had Jane call thors hammer science because magic is merely science we don't comprehend. Maybe she is just FOS.
Ganondorf
AG
quote:
They already had Jane call thors hammer science because magic is merely science we don't comprehend. Maybe she is just FOS.

I'm not sure how much the cartoons follow comic lore but Stark has referred to Asgardian Magic as science in both cartoon Avengers runs. Jane making that assertion falls in line with that.
rhutton125
AG
I think it was actually Thor that said the line yall are thinking about. He says something like "what you used to call magic, now people call science. But where I come from they're one and the same." Then he explains to her the nine realms and such.

At least, if that is the part you're referring to.
swimmerbabe11
I'm interested to see how Lucy is revived.

I'm 90% that her death was stated, not implied.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:

Maybe she will become the bionic woman?
R0GUE
AG
quote:
quote:

Maybe she will become the bionic woman?
Meet Deathlok's new girlfriend: Deathlucy
swimmerbabe11
We understand my slight obession with J August right? I want to marry him

Whatever brings back Deathlok!
texasaggie04
AG
I love where the show is going, but I also feel like there are a ton of characters that just disappeared:

Koenig brothers
Ward - MIA
Agent 33 - MIA with Ward
Ian Quinn (and the entire Project Centipede thing)
Deathlok
That gravity guy - Still locked in a basement in a SHIELD facility somewhere?
Donnie Gill (the blizzard guy) - Presumed dead after sniped by Skye
Saxsoon
AG
I am also curious where the hell Ward went.
redline248
AG
He was shown in the preview following last week's episode, but I was wondering about it too.
TexasAggie_02
AG
rewatched it with the wife last night, thought it was odd that after seeing a guy teleport in and take skye's dad, that there was not WTF just happened moments after that. They just talk about getting skye's powers under control, and said goodbye to May's Ex.
redline248
AG
That's a really good point. There has been too much casual behavior.
Saxsoon
AG
Yeah that bothered me a little bit at the end.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.