*****Marvels Agents of SHIELD - Season 2*****

87,626 Views | 746 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by TajMaballer
R0GUE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
My other big question is who is Bobbi working for? Fury?
I am wondering what the flash drive is for Bobbi had... Fury is a possibility, but so is Talbot.
I think it would be cool if it was for Hawkeye. Since in the comics Bobbi and he have a relationship. Might be wishful thinking to get Jeremy Renner on the show though. Fury makes sense though.

quote:

I can't think of a comics character Raina would be from that pic. There is a male character from the X-Men called Quill, in fact he was in X-Men: Days of Future Past briefly. So we know it's not a nod to him. Maybe she'll be a new character named Porcupine-girl LOL.
Gradin
AG
Yeah, I thought maybe Quill as well, but yeah, that is from X-men.
jabberwalkie09
AG
I want to say that Renner has said in the past that he would be willing (or would like to) appear on AoS.
redline248
AG
Poor Trip
CGSC Lobotomy
quote:
Sigh, I can't wait for more episodes.

Also, who is Raina? Her skin seemed grayish. Had some hair or spikes near her eyes. Eyes different color too.

There's actually a marvel character called "Raina" who resembles a bipedal bird.
Gradin
AG
I saw that too but I believe that the character was a mutant
texasaggie04
AG
Does that matter? I think comic book quake is a mutant too.
texasaggie04
AG
Another question. Who will be the new head of hydra? Whitehall is dead and that other guy is also dead I think from the cyanide... Can't remember if they were able to keep him alive or not - either way he isn't on the loose.
redline248
AG
Whoever the scientist was at the end of Cap 2?
Aggie_Journalist
AG
Whitehall wasn't the top hydra leader, he was just running the American operation.

The monocled scientist from the credits scene of cap 2 is the top boss. They've dropped his name a couple times this season, but I can't remember it at the moment.
R0GUE
AG
quote:

It's a subtle difference but comics-Quake is a mutated human, more like Spider-Man. Meaning her powers come from science rather than from a gene.

Comics-Quake also has zero ties to the X-Men so Fox shouldn't have any claim to her.

Not sure about the comics-Raina character though. She's not a mutant either, but she did appear exclusively in X-Men comics.

I'm thinking Raina is going to become something original. Her character hasn't been based on a comics character to this point, so I doubt her powers will be.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
On this same point, remember that Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver were also mutants in the comics. But in the MCU, this aspect is being changed since Fox owns the rights to X-men and mutants IIRC.
R0GUE
AG
quote:
quote:
On this same point, remember that Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver were also mutants in the comics. But in the MCU, this aspect is being changed since Fox owns the rights to X-men and mutants IIRC.
That, plus Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver have equal if not greater ties to the Avengers than to the X-Men. Scarlet Witch herself has never been an X-Man, only a villain under Magneto's control. And Quicksilver has only been on one of the peripheral X-Men teams.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Poor Trip
I guess the rumor of him showing up in Age of Ultron can rest in peace.
benMath08
AG
Fox owns the movie rights to Xmen but I thought Marvel retained the TV rights to all their characters? Or am I making that up?
Aggie_Journalist
AG
quote:
Fox owns the movie rights to Xmen but I thought Marvel retained the TV rights to all their characters? Or am I making that up?

I read that rumor too, but it didn't have a source on it, so I'm assuming it's bunk.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
quote:

I read that rumor too, but it didn't have a source on it, so I'm assuming it's bunk.
Seeing as how they are letting AoS take the lead apparently, if they introduced an explicitly stated mutant into the universe, that would be an issue I think. They have stated they want the TV series to be connected to the movie universe, and they have already stated that they can't have the Maximoff twins be mutants.
BigRobSA
How does someone get the "rights" to be the sole user of a scientific term like mutant/mutation ?
R0GUE
AG
quote:
How does someone get the "rights" to be the sole user of a scientific term like mutant/mutation ?
Considering Marvel and DC hold a joint trademark for the word "Superhero" this seems like a minor issue in comparison. I'm sure it's covered in their movie contract, with plenty of legalese for good measure.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:

Because when they were licensing out their characters to studios, they drew up a bunch of clauses and restrictions.
BigRobSA
I wonder who has the rights to other similar things like "photosynthesis" and "homogenization"?
Sex Panther
AG
Dp
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
I wonder who has the rights to other similar things like "photosynthesis" and "homogenization"?

I'm guessing you're trolling, but when it comes to intellectual property, licensing and multi-billion dollar entertainment franchises, you can easily do things like this.

I imagine the contract is specific to X-Men, and forbids Marvel from using any character, terms or likenesses affiliated with that brand line. The contracts assuredly contain pages of documents referencing characters and terms that they cannot use. And in this case "mutant" is a pretty important term self-contained to the X-Men. It has it's own definition and nomenclature in their world.

And it doesn't really matter because if it's in a contract and you agree to it, then that's the end of discussion, no matter how ridiculous the stipulation. You signed it, therefore it's binding.
texasaggie04
AG
Forgot about the end of Cap2. I'll have to go back and watch it, thanks.
imjustsayin
AG
Who is the no-eye guy at the end holding another obelisk?? Just saw rogues post page 7 claiming he is Reader, a new character. Is there more here? More obelisks? Who's he talking to? This is really so much fun.
redline248
AG
Rogue's post on the previous page

quote:
Skye's dad's name is Cal(vin Zabo aka Mr. Hyde)

Skye is in fact Daisy Johnson aka Quake.

The no eye guy at the end, seems to me to be this brand new Inhuman they just introduced the newest comics called Reader.

Yay Macks alive! Oh no poor Tripp!

Looks like Ward is going to have his own crazy protege. Maybe he can get a whole little crazy mercenary company going!
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Who is the no-eye guy at the end holding another obelisk???
I have read a few things saying that it is a newly established Inhuman character from the comics called Reader.
R0GUE
AG
A little more info on Reader, if you are interested:

He's very new. He was created just five issues ago, in Inhuman, a comic which itself is pretty new: its only on issue 9. (Note that the Inhumans are not a new group of characters - they've been around since the 1960's - its just a new iteration, with some newly invented characters springing out of recent events).

When he first got his powers, anything he could read he could bring to life. The power was considered too powerful, so the Inhumans blinded him. He can still read braille though, so he carries around a bunch of basic braille words that could be helpful.

In the comics, he wears a big reflective visor, and we haven't seen him without it, so if he physically has no eyes, or if they are there, just blinded, we don't know yet.

His job in the comics is he's basically an Inhuman bounty hunter. He seeks out brand new Inhumans, who happen to be popping up all over earth at the moment, and brings them to one of the Inhuman outposts, for a fee. He seems to be more humane and friendly about it than other Inhuman bounty hunters, who seem to be more savage and brutal. He couches it as being helpful to the newbie, even though he is getting paid on the back-end.

In the comics he has a dog: Fourie.

He's met Daredevil apparently and was impressed by his abilities.
Ace3xl
jbsj9698
Ganondorf
AG
quote:

R0GUE
AG
That's from this btw:

http://abc.go.com/shows/marvels-agents-of-shield/news/fan-hq/12102014-goodbye-trip-bj-britt

It's more wishful thinking on Gregg's part than an actual hypothesis about the show.
91_Aggie
AG
My 12 and 14 year old daughters were devastated by Tripp's death. They didn't even care when I tried to explain to them about Skye/Quake.

Females definitely are fans of this show from a different perspective than males.
Sex Panther
AG
He gone
swimmerbabe11
#TripLives.

Here.

*sigh*

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.