*****Marvels Agents of SHIELD - Season 2*****

87,929 Views | 746 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by TajMaballer
Saxsoon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
So, I just watched the last three episodes.

I cracked up at the Edible Arrangements comment...how much do you think that cost?

Also, Skye fought reallly well for having stress fractures.

I'm not sure I've ever felt so frustrated as I was while watching Skye in the Afterlife...so many Vague answers and "I thought you knews" at some point its like UM DUH. DUHHHHHHH. SHE DOESN'T KNOW ANYTHING OR YOU. Why should she trust you!?

Loving it though, can't wait to see where it all leads.

also, obligatory... Deathlok..so hot.
Scars all over the right side of the face is so hot
swimmerbabe11
I have a thing for that actor. We are destined to be together.
israeliag
AG
Im not sure I can go back to AoS after Daredevil.

Like going back to weed after cocaine (I would assume).
Saxsoon
AG
Except Marvel is using SHIELD to introduce elements of the universe YEARS before they appear. Daredevil is not doing so
swimmerbabe11
quote:

I'm only halfway through the first episode of Daredevil right now, but I'm guessing its a totally different drug.

I think Daredevil is exciting on its own, but half of the excitement of AoS is what it means for the MCU as a whole, since it ties in to the movies so much.

Besides the tones being complete opposite.
tamusc
AG
quote:
Except Marvel is using SHIELD to introduce elements of the universe YEARS before they appear. Daredevil is not doing so

*Potential Daredevil spoilers*

I'm fairly certain that Daredevil will lead into Dr. Strange and introduce the Astral Plane to the MCU. The war that Stick kept talking about is between the group he's a part of, the Chaste and the group Nobu is probably a part of, the Hand. The war is basically to prevent the spread of demonic influence as the Hand is led by a demon.
Natasha Romanoff
This is probably a better question for the Marvel Cinematic Universe thread, but can anyone give a recap on what we know so far with the movies + the show + Daredevil? Especially in terms of timeline. If not, ignore me

This show has been amazing this season. I enjoyed it last year after the slow start, but it's one of my favorite weekly shows this year. Skye's story line should be fun to watch.
TexasAggie_02
AG
please leave Daredevil spoilers out of the SHIELD thread. or at least mark them as spoiler and leave several blank lines before the spoilers start.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
quote:
I have a thing for that actor. We are destined to be together.
Damn, could've hooked you up at comicpalooza last year.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
And by hookup, I mean that I could have let you borrow one of our press passes to meet him.
israeliag
AG
The differences in production quality alone is going to make it rough to watch AoS. Add to that the conciseness of the plot, the intricacies and development of the characters, and that the world that Daredevil portrayed seemed so much more... touchable?

That said, I'm still gonna tune in each week.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
The differences in production quality alone is going to make it rough to watch AoS. Add to that the conciseness of the plot, the intricacies and development of the characters, and that the world that Daredevil portrayed seemed so much more... touchable?

That said, I'm still gonna tune in each week.
I feel similar actually. I like AoS because how it builds on the mythos of the MCU and how it is really tied to the movies which is fantastic. It gives me a reason to actually feel more engaged in the MCU, and why I continue to watch the show. Though at this point, there is so much going on it is getting a tad messy. Not to mention that with such a large cast now with the introduction of the Inhumans and "real shield," there are so many different characters that they have now as well. At some point, they are going to have to come up with a creative way to "clear the board" of the extra players. I'm kind of thinking that AoU's events will probably give them some excuse to do this if it hasn't already happened before then.

I appreciate the well developed and intricate story that was presented in Daredevil though.

The two shows were completely and entirely different views of the MCU and tones though. AoS is much lighter (and comedic at times) in contrast to the girtty, dark, and bloody nature in Daredevil. AoS is dealing with a much larger scope too, where as Daredevil was much smaller and real (to an extent) giving it that touchable feeling IMO.
israeliag
AG
Good summation. Although I wouldn't blame the scope on AoS lack of "touchability". GotG seemed more tactile and was still epic in scale. Its probably just a budget thing for AoS where it's difficult to make that world feel lived in.
redline248
AG
The planned spinoff discussed earlier would be one possible way to trim the character fat.
swimmerbabe11
He seems genuinely cool. I got the autograph and went to his panel. ..I convinced him to dance for the audience. It was hawt.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Well, that was kind of a grim tale of The Cavalry.
chase128
AG
Intense episode.
R0GUE
AG
Very intense!! Wow.
israeliag
AG
quote:

Well I was wrong - that was a good episode. Great origin story for The Cavalry, and it tied in nicely with the narrative.

Also cool to see Reena's gift revealed. The potential of a Coulsen, Hunter, Fitz trio is pretty cool, too.
redline248
AG
Final scene with Fitz was nails. Coulson, Hunter, and Fitz is going to be a solid group for future scenes
israeliag
AG
Ha, great minds and all that.
bedofbrass33
AG
quote:
This is probably a better question for the Marvel Cinematic Universe thread, but can anyone give a recap on what we know so far with the movies + the show + Daredevil? Especially in terms of timeline. If not, ignore me

Here you go.

http://marvelcinematicuniverse.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline
91_Aggie
AG
Skye and Daredevil went to same orphanage.
tamusc
AG
quote:
quote:

Well I was wrong - that was a good episode. Great origin story for The Cavalry, and it tied in nicely with the narrative.

Also cool to see Reena's gift revealed. The potential of a Coulsen, Hunter, Fitz trio is pretty cool, too.
Yup, they really stepped it up with this one!

Definitely see things that can lead into Ultron, Civil War and of course, Inhumans.
TexasAggie_02
AG
i was thinking about skye and her mother's secret.....

Skye's mother has been around a long time. Someone there has to know who Skye's dad is. Why have dinner with him, in a room with the door open? They don't seem to care that the younger guy walked in at the end. He doesn't know about the mother/daughter relationship (or is playing stupid) b/c he was surprised at her working with skye since she is in charge and hasn't trained anyone in years.

I guess you could argue that since she is skye's trainer, she needed to oversee the dinner to protect her. But someone there has to know that they were married once.
Pro Ag
AG
What is up with the lost year in Skye's life? She mentioned being 25 earlier in the episode, then when her father told the story about 1988 she made a comment about being 26. Skye's mother and father shared an odd look about her saying that. Any thoughts?

And credit to my wife because I didn't remember her saying she was 25.
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
What is up with the lost year in Skye's life? She mentioned being 25 earlier in the episode, then when her father told the story about 1988 she made a comment about being 26. Skye's mother and father shared an odd look about her saying that. Any thoughts?

And credit to my wife because I didn't remember her saying she was 25.
i think it was just b/c she grew up in an orphanage, she didn't ever really know her age. Plus, her real b day was in July, so depending on when she thought her birthday was, she could have only been 6 months off
Pro Ag
AG
Fair, maybe nothing. Just seemed like a look shared between her parents for some reason when that was brought up.
The Debt
When Skye was making the avalanche with after the lady said everything has its own vibration I was thinking "use the force"
redline248
AG
I had similar thoughts watching Daredevil.
NC2001
AG
quote:
"Also cool to see Reena's gift revealed."

I must have missed that part. What's her gift?
lne2011
AG
Her dreams are not nightmares like she thinks. Instead they are dreams of the future. She mentioned seeing Skye and her father sitting around a table having dinner earlier in the episode. At the end of the episode Lincoln walked in and saw Skye and her father sitting around a table having dinner.
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
Her dreams are not nightmares like she thinks. Instead they are dreams of the future. She mentioned seeing Skye and her father sitting around a table having dinner earlier in the episode. At the end of the episode Lincoln walked in and saw Skye and her father sitting around a table having dinner.
not just dinner, but laughing, and with flowers on the table. it was a very specific dream.

I wonder if she will be able to channel it. Kinda sucks that your "superpower" would require you to sleep (or maybe that's awesome ).

I'm interested to see how they treat Skye going forward. She is now arguably one of the strongest people in the entire cinematic universe (so far). She could conceivably rip Iron Man's suit apart, fling away the hulk with a flick of the wrist. She could probably crush Ultron with her thoughts. She seems way overpowered IMO. More powerful than Magneto (i realize he's not in the MCU).

hmmm...I wonder if she could move vibranium?
Red Five
AG
Arguing over the strength of super powers is the pinnacle of nerd-dom, but she is in no way more powerful than Magneto.
R0GUE
AG
Yes, she's basically on par with the X-Men characters: Avalanche or Rictor. But of whom are pretty powerful, but not THAT powerful. Avalanche is a subordinate to Magneto for example.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.