November 7, 2014. Christopher Nolan. INTERSTELLAR.

98,569 Views | 809 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by The Collective
Simplebay
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm concerned about the Nolan space shots only because Curon's looked so fantastic. Big shoes now
TCTTS
AG
It's officially trailer week, people.
TCTTS
AG
Wow. With this kind of security, we definitely may not be seeing an online debut of the trailer 'til Monday (though you'll obviously be able to catch it in theaters as early as Thursday night)...

Nolan Fans @NolanFans
The INTERSTELLAR trailer is in 4K and is encrypted requiring a key to unlock before THE HOBBIT on 12/13. Leaked footage seems unlikely.
hunter2012
AG
Secrecy just adds to the thrill, I cannot wait...
Simplebay
AG
Surely won't be a full blown trailer. Voiceover, stock footage for first 50 secs, less than 15 secs of space shots.
TCTTS
AG
It's right around 1:43. So just a bit longer than most teaser trailers.
Simplebay
AG
The last Nolan teaser for TDKR was 1:36 and had less than 20 secs of movie footage.

I would say this will be similar. Maybe only in 1 or split second of a space shot (not stock)
TCTTS
AG
Truth be told, most of Nolan's teasers have been somewhat underwhelming. His trailers? Awesome. But his year-away first-looks have never really been all that memorable or inventive (Inception was probably the best one, and even it wasn't all that great compared to the later trailers). Hoping that changes with Intersteller...

The Dark Knight - Teaser:
http://youtu.be/UWw0ov-cAUg

Inception - Teaser:
http://youtu.be/_5VDKVqvo8M

The Dark Knight Rises - Teaser:
http://youtu.be/kqF8lcKTLw0

Then again, if Nolan had anything to do with the Man of Steel of teaser, he's going to have a hard time topping it. Still one of the most chill-inducing teasers I've ever seen...

http://youtu.be/wArmHSPIvlQ

On a more nit-picky note, I'm also he hoping he finally switches up fonts. He's used basically the exact same font in all trailers for his last three movies (MoS included). Time to change it up.

[This message has been edited by TCTTS (edited 12/9/2013 7:13p).]
TCTTS
AG
No idea if this is real or not, but I just found it on Twitter. It's not coming up on the actual iTunes trailer site when I load it, but that site is known to show different art/listings in different areas of the world/country. Looks too legit to be fake. If so, finally a new font!

TCTTS
AG
Just tweeted with the guys from The Film Stage and apparently it's a fake. Oh, well..
hunter2012
AG
So will it only preview with the Hobbit on Thursday night? because Friday is the earliest i could see it(and I want to see the Hobbit). I'm not familiar with how the trailer business works...
TCTTS
AG
No worries. It'll start premiering with The Hobbit Thursday night, but should be attached to most showings all weekend long.
TCTTS
AG
Hearing unconfirmed reports that the trailer will be online sometime Saturday morning. Though, I've never heard of a trailer doing that, so I'm not really buying that. Just doesn't sound right.

If WB's sticks to the pattern, it'll drop tomorrow (Thursday) morning around 10 AM PST. That's when they've released their past three trailers this week, today, yesterday and Monday (Edge of Tomorrow, Godzilla, Jupiter Ascending). Then again, this one's actually a joint venture with Paramount, and there's obviously Nolan to contend with, so who knows.

My gut tells me we'll be waiting 'til Monday for an official online release. But you can bet that bootlegs will start showing up in the middle of the night after the Thursday midnight screenings. Hoping I don't have to watch one of those because I just can't muster the interest to see The Hobbit this weekend...

[This message has been edited by TCTTS (edited 12/11/2013 5:27p).]
TCTTS
AG
Here we go.

Official site just went live...

http://www.interstellarmovie.com/

Nothing much to see, other than our first look at the official logo. But the fact that it went live tonight - ahead of Thursday - could be sign that an online trailer release is imminent (rather, more imminent)...
TCTTS
AG
Not to start b*tching immediately - and I know I already harped about fonts earlier - but this one... isn't all that great. Thought the fake title treatment above was better, actually...

[This message has been edited by TCTTS (edited 12/11/2013 10:23p).]
TCTTS
AG
Wow. Footage is ALREADY coming in. Twelve bootlegged seconds of the trailer via Instagram...

http://instagram.com/p/hzioRyH9t2/#

Already getting chills.

[This message has been edited by TCTTS (edited 12/11/2013 10:46p).]
TCTTS
AG
Caption with the video...

quote:
The clip that I posted is pretty much the only "actual" footage from the movie in the trailer. It's about 1 min and 43 secs long, with narration done by Matthews character. Clip from old space missions and launches are playing while he describes the worlds need for exploration.

So I guess it actually is NASA stock footage. Not filler. Didn't misunderstand my "source" after all.

[This message has been edited by TCTTS (edited 12/11/2013 10:49p).]
Simplebay
AG
I've already called this stock footage
Sex Panther
AG
You should steal the font from the fake and use it for The Projection List
TCTTS
AG
quote:
I've already called this stock footage

???

[This message has been edited by TCTTS (edited 12/12/2013 12:43a).]
TCTTS
AG
quote:
You should steal the font from the fake and use it for The Projection List

Agreed. That fake treatment is actually a great font for the header.

[This message has been edited by TCTTS (edited 12/12/2013 1:07a).]
TCTTS
AG

[This message has been edited by TCTTS (edited 12/12/2013 1:06a).]
hunter2012
AG
I like the poster, I guess I'm not as font picky as some...

It's not like I have any biases or anything...
TCTTS
AG
So, 10 AM PST has come and gone with no trailer. Could MAYBE still drop later this afternoon, but I doubt it. Looking more and more like it's going to be Monday. In the meantime, will have to settle for seeing it with The Hobbit (which I really, really don't want to do) or as a bootleg...
Independent George
AG
This is definitely my most anticipated trailer of the month, not sure I can wait that long.
TCTTS
AG
Same here. Still a slight chance it drops Saturday morning, if not later today, but I feel like we'd know something more official by now if either were the case.
TCTTS
AG
And just to temper any expectations, expanding on what I described a few weeks back, I've read that the footage in that Instagram link above is just about the only movie footage in the trailer.

Apparently it starts out with a few quick movie shots of cornfields/the farm, with McConaughey voice over, but the bulk of the trailer is the NASA stock footage. Then it ends with whatever bit that is in the Instagram link. So it's definitely more of a ture teaser.
hunter2012
AG
new link for the partial trailer.

mega.co.nz/#!vJ0GQIrb!WODyGCcrCiipnMGOfsDlniMnYmcYFmxCk4xdqyXH5lo

EDIT: fixed the link

And yes it's the same clip as the instagram.

[This message has been edited by hunter2012 (edited 12/12/2013 5:02p).]
TCTTS
AG
^ Not working. Is it the same Instagram clip?
Bocephus85
AG
quote:
^ Not working. Is it the same Instagram clip?

I had to change https to http to get the link to work. Didn't download the file though since I was at work.
TCTTS
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Trailer was very meh. Nothing shown except old NASA clips and a tiny clip of MM driving.
mid90
AG
Why even put out a trailer at this point if you've got nothing to show?
Simplebay
AG
quote:
The last Nolan teaser for TDKR was 1:36 and had less than 20 secs of movie footage.

I would say this will be similar. Maybe only in 1 or split second of a space shot (not stock)
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
What's the point of that last post? Is that your own post and just looking for validation?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.