November 7, 2014. Christopher Nolan. INTERSTELLAR.

98,563 Views | 809 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by The Collective
bearamedic99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I finally got around to reading the script that was passed around. Two non spoilers from the trailers. Is that a robot at 2:07 in the second trailer? Also, does no one care that the world is having trouble producing enough food but this guy takes his truck on a lengthy drive through a corn field? I'm not a big fan of Matthew M and could see almost anyone else playing Cooper but this movie looks like it would be worth the cost of seeing it in theaters. The script was great.
bearamedic99
AG
Spoiler

Is it considered Deux Ex Machina (or whatever the phrase is) that Tars made it to the second space station? It seemed like too much of a coincidence.

End spoiler
bearamedic99
AG
Ps- imdb doesn't have anyone listed for Case. Do we think he made it from the early script into the movie, was replaced by a skinjob, or totally written out?
TCTTS
AG
Only read the first half of the script, and that was well over a year ago, so I hardly remember anything about the ancillary characters. But yeah, while the plot looks to stick fairly close to that draft, I think Nolan changed quite a few of the characters/robots from that original draft.
FriendlyAg
Looks like it encompasses all topics of humanity, moral dilemmas, and discovering again what makes us human as we are leaving the place that we associate so closely with ourselves. There is a romance to that and an irony.

Looks great.

[This message has been edited by FriendlyAg (edited 8/22/2014 6:54a).]
TCTTS
AG
No new footage, but here's the first IMAX TV spot, which uses an excerpt from the Man of Steel score...

http://youtu.be/ttzyynXRWDQ

Kind of weird that we're basically two months from release, and not a single trailer or TV spot has used Zimmer's actual score from the movie yet. We haven't even heard a single note from it. Then again, despite that iconic final trailer for Inception, I don't think we heard Zimmer's final score 'til the movie itself either.
Simplebay
AG
I think I saw 2 new frames in there actually.
Simplebay
AG
TCTTS
AG
I like it, but it's also kind of an underwhelming poster.
TCTTS
AG
Wow. Blurppy just released a TON of "professional" fan art for the movie. Check the links for a lot more than what I've included below...

http://blurppy.com/2014/09/15/exclusive-poster-posse-project-11-heads-for-the-stars-with-a-tribute-to-christopher-nolans-sci-fi-adventure-interstellar/

http://blurppy.com/2014/09/16/exclusive-feast-your-eyes-upon-phase-2-of-the-poster-posses-stellar-tribute-to-interstellar/

MW03
AG
All of those are better than the generic turd they actually made, ha.
Apache
AG
Orange & Blue ftw
TCTTS
AG
Another official poster. Kind of surprised how bad these are, considering the imagery they have to work with...

MW03
AG
I love this one...
double aught
AG
As I think someone mentioned earlier in this thread, I really hope this movie rekindles a passion for space exploration in this country. It's asking a lot of a film, but who knows.
TCTTS
AG
Now this is more like it. A third official official poster, released this morning. Love it...

zgood10
Port_Cow Ag 08
TCTTS
AG
Posted a quick blurb regarding the posters, if anyone's interested...

The Projection List: Some Stellar (and Some Not so Stellar) INTERSTELLAR Posters
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
Alex Billington @firstshowing
So someone who has seen Interstellar is describing it as Spielberg meets Kubrick from the mind of Nolan. Hype overload.
TCTTS
AG
Some new stills from Empire this morning...

TCTTS
AG
And then The Playlist has some quick excerpts from a few different interviews. Good Stuff...

quote:
Okay, so it's not quite a trailer, but after about a week's worth of posters, some new images have arrived for Christopher Nolan's "Interstellar" via Empire. And the director, who never likes to reveal too much about his films in advance, peels back the lid somewhat on his sci-fi epic.

"It's almost a mirror image of "Inception." It expands out in the way "Inception" contracts inwards," he told the magazine (via ComingSoon), adding "it's a very classically constructed movie, but the freshness of the narrative elements really enhance it. I liken it to the blockbusters I grew up with as a kid, family films in the best sense: edgy, incisive, challenging."

And you can probably add another adjective: emotional.Jessica Chastain recently told Yahoo, "I can tell you I saw my costar Matthew McConaughey on Saturday. In his own words, the movie is an 'event.' He said he cried three times when he had seen it recently."

And indeed, the film seems to have the biggest scope and pull towards the heart of any Nolan project to date. "I am so excited for the world to receive this film, because there's going to be a new conversation because of it," Anne Hathaway told Empire. "It's not a dry, science-based film. It has a pulse. It's got blood in its veins."
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
At first glance I thought the black astronaut was Geoffery the butler from Fresh Prince.
double aught
AG
The blastronaut?
TCTTS
AG
Make sure and hit the bathroom before heading into the theater. The official runtime for Interstellar has just been released, and it's 2 HOURS, 49 MINUTES. Nolan's longest movie to date. The Dark Knight Rises was just under that at 2:45.
Rocagnante
AG
Thanks for the info. Can't wait to see this movie.
TCTTS
hunter2012
AG
quote:
Make sure and hit the bathroom before heading into the theater. The official runtime for Interstellar has just been released, and it's 2 HOURS, 49 MINUTES. Nolan's longest movie to date. The Dark Knight Rises was just under that at 2:45.

Given the script this sounds GREAT. There will be no rushing in the story. Plenty of time for all 3 acts.
TCTTS
AG
^ Agreed. I was hoping we'd spend a bit more time on Earth - and in space before the wormhole - than in that initial draft, and it looks like we just might.
TCTTS
AG
Edgar Wright, likely talking about Interstellar...

edgarwright @edgarwright
Just saw a forthcoming film. All I can say is that it exceeded my very high expectations & I can't wait to see it on a huge screen again...
TCTTS
AG
Drew McWeeny @DrewAtHitFix
People have seen INTERSTELLAR now, and I hear such fascinating things...
TCTTS
AG
From Slashfilm...

http://www.slashfilm.com/how-long-is-interstellar-running-time/

hunter2012
AG
I could watch a 12 hour Nolan movie... His work demands attention. My mind might explode afterwards. But I could watch it...
double aught
AG
I never realized that Nolan directed insomnia. I hadn't thought about that movie in forever.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.