November 7, 2014. Christopher Nolan. INTERSTELLAR.

99,374 Views | 809 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by The Collective
230Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I actually thought the first trailer was WAY better. But I still think the movie with be awesome.
double aught
AG
Interested
phatbc
ttt

so pumped for this ****ing movie
zgood10
AG
Saw the trailer before Godzilla today. Holy crap, effect is multiplied tenfold on the big screen and sound system.
Saxsoon
AG
TCTTS, that concept of warping space in front of and behind is becoming rather common in Science Fiction. I want to say Halo uses a similar function and several books I have read in the past year.

It is very exciting to potentially see this in a movie.
Saxsoon
AG
But that would not be the case if we are talking about older versions of the kids. Most likely it would be a more traditional FTL scenario if they are showing a passage of time.
Sound Awake
Considering everything I know about this movie, I'm beginning to wonder if Nolan can successfully pull it off in only one film. It's going to have to be at least 3 hours.
DB Coach
AG
Any more news on this one?
TCTTS
AG
Final trailer will likely hit in August/September. I know they just started editing it. At that point, I imagine the news/pics/posters/commercials should start ramping up. Until then, they're probably going to keep quiet.

[This message has been edited by TCTTS (edited 6/28/2014 8:48p).]
TCTTS
AG
In related news, I finally saw the most recent trailer for the first time in theaters a couple days ago. In IMAX, and it sounded amazing. Haven't got chills like that in a theater in a long time.
TCTTS
AG
Tweet just now from director Edgar Wright...

edgarwright ‏@edgarwright
Have heard from two different people that 'Interstellar' is Chris Nolan's best film. Bring on November. I want to see it in 65mm. Like, now.

Followed up by Steven Weintraub from Collider...

Steven Weintraub ‏@colliderfrosty
@edgarwright I also spoke to someone that saw it and they just raved and raved and raved.

Right in line with what I've been hearing as well.

Four. More. Months.
Jim01
AG
I just saw that Edgar Wright tweet and thought of this thread. can't wait.
zgood10
Sex Panther
AG
That Edgar Wright tweet is good to hear, but at the same time just pisses me off at Marvel.
hunter2012
AG
Why must you torture me TCTTS?

On a side note, heres a combined trailer that looks really good[/url].

[This message has been edited by hunter2012 (edited 7/9/2014 2:33p).]
cr0wbar
Bruce Almighty
AG
TCTTS, if this movie sucks, I'm never trusting your Hollywood tweets again. Based on early reviews, Man of Steel was going to be the greatest superhero movie ever.

Edit: I meant this post to be sarcasm.

[This message has been edited by Markoramius (edited 7/9/2014 3:12p).]
TCTTS
AG
Ha, all I'm going off of is these two tweets, and two people I know via a friend who saw a cut of the movie a few weeks ago at a friends & family screening with Nolan.

Man of Steel is a weird situation, in that the week or so before it debuted, EVERYONE who saw it early was raving about it. Then it came out, and reviews plummeted. There's always that high of being among the first to see something, which can cloud anyone's judgement, and that could very well be happening with Interstellar as well.

That said, the two people I know of who saw it both cried, like I mentioned a few weeks back. We weren't hearing any reports of anyone being that emotionally affected by MoS. Not to mention, this is Christopher Nolan we're talking about, not Zack Snyder.

Time will tell, but I'm extremely hopeful.

[This message has been edited by TCTTS (edited 7/9/2014 5:25p).]
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I'm excited for this movie.
Sex Panther
AG
I've cried in all the Man of Steel sequel announcements
TCTTS
AG
Just FYI, as of today, the final trailer has officially been registered. Right around 2:25 in length.

Yesterday, I happened to talk to the same friend who's seen the past two trailers in advance, and this one is apparently way more specific about the plot (which is to be expected). Said there are a ton of space/ship shots, and even some of the crew on the planet from the second half of the movie. My friend didn't think this new trailer is as good as the second (not nearly as emotional), but still really cool.

My guess is it debuts with either Guardians of the Galaxy in two weeks, or Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in three weeks (since Turtles is a Paramount movie as well). I guess it could debut this coming week, since it was originally scheduled to debut with Jupiter Rising on Friday, before WB moved that to February. But GotG/Turtles feel like more appropriate movies for it to be attached to over Hercules. If I had to bet, I'd say it debuts with GotG, and will likely be online that Saturday, August 2nd.

Part of me can't wait, but another part of me doesn't even want to watch it. I've already seen everything I need to see. That second trailer was absolutely perfect. No way I'll be able to resist, though...
jeffk
AG
Everytime I hear "Jupiter Rising" I can't help but picture those awful posters.
TCTTS
AG
What awful posters? This is clearly a movie about Mila Kunis' journey from the Gap to the movie theater, where she has her picture taken in front of a poster for a generic sci-fi movie. It communicates that perfectly.

(also, for the life of me, I can't remember the damn title correctly - Jupiter Ascending)

[This message has been edited by TCTTS (edited 7/19/2014 3:43p).]
jeffk
double aught
AG
Why was it pushed back?
TCTTS
AG
WB claimed more time was needed to finish the effects. And while that's probably partly true, all signs pointed to it being the biggest bomb of the summer. At least the Wachowskis now have a little more time to tinker, and I think it'll actually do decent in February. Definitely a wise decision.
TCTTS
AG
Christopher Nolan just took the stage at Comic Con for the first time ever...
TCTTS
AG
He'll no doubt debut the new trailer. Hoping it's online shortly after, but I doubt it.
TCTTS
AG
Germain Lussier ‏@GermainLussier
New Interstellar just brought tears to my eyes. Like - it's just amazing. Gorgeous, thrilling. It'll be out in the next few weeks.

Devin Faraci ‏@devincf
New INTERSTELLAR trailer shows McConaughey & friends on possibly multiple alien planets. Makes Chastain's role pretty explicit. #SDCC

gregoryellwood ‏@HitFixGregory
Interstellar looks EPIC. Just like I've heard. Big, big, big. New trailer out soon.

Peter Sciretta ‏@slashfilm
Holy sh*t the new Interstellar trailer looked awesome #ComicCon2014

Steven Weintraub ‏@colliderfrosty
New INTERSTELLAR trailer is jaw on ground awesome. Movie looks incredible. Trailer will be online in the next week or so.

Russ Fischer ‏@russfischer
New INTERSTELLAR footage is gorgeous. Obvious Kubrick influence, incredible vistas in space, scenes on at least one other planet.

Borys Kit ‏@Borys_Kit
Holy cow, the new Interstellar trailer...! Epic, intimate, poetic.

Eric Vespe ‏@EricVespe
They showed the new Interstellar trailer, featuring lots more space stuff. Amazing visuals, the 2001 influence worn on its sleeve.

LatinoReview-Kel ‏@Latinoreview
NOW that was an awesome ******* trailer!!! I TRULY believe this could be an Oscar nominated film...That's right I said it. Hot trailer.

Sean O'Connell ‏@Sean_OConnell
New #interstellar trailer is incredibly beautiful. We see other worlds. Other galaxies. We feel hope, and love. Looks UNREAL! #SDCC2014

Eric Vespe ‏@EricVespe
Interstellar comes across as Tree of Life meets Gravity. Very emotional family drama mixed with tension of the dangers of space travel

[This message has been edited by TCTTS (edited 7/24/2014 6:26p).]
TCTTS
AG
Again, the new trailer will either be in theaters tonight with Hercules, then likely online Saturday... or in theaters next Thursday night with GotG, then likely online the following Saturday. Should know soon.

[This message has been edited by TCTTS (edited 7/24/2014 6:28p).]
Nonregdrummer09
AG
Very excited for Interstellar.
jeffk
AG
It would be awesome if someone would just tweet out something grossly understated.

"Interstellar looks neat."

or

"I think I'll go see Interstellar."
Simplebay
AG
Comicon isn't Cannes. Its full of fanboys. Nolan just had to walk on stage to get an approval. He could **** on their foreheads and they would say it looks amazing.
mid90
AG
Currently reading "The Martian" by Andy Weir (it's a Michael Crichton-esque novel about an astronaut trapped on Mars; fantastic read so far)

And now I'm reminded about Interstellar thanks to this thread.

My space exploration wonder is maxing out at the moment, and I'm reminded why I got into aerospace engineering.
SteadicaTm
AG
I am thinking it is going to be meh.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.