Can anyone here seriously say they have seen a ghost?

339,876 Views | 1522 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Slim Isle
(removed:10EA24-2)
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Pretty sure they're fallen angels so ...

Would never reach out to them EVER
$3 Sack of Groceries
AG
Win At Life said:

My girl was about 10 when she came in the back door visibly shaking saying someone in a black truck stopped at the end of the driveway and tried to lure her in with candy. She ran upstairs and my wife ran to the bedroom to grab her keys (I wasn't there). She backs the car down the driveway to catch up to this guy, but never finds anyone.

My daughter says she saw the truck out front from her upstairs window drive off before my wife backed out. Turns out the neighbor across the street has a video camera pointed directly at our driveway. We reviewed the tape and saw no such truck all day, but see my wife backing out of the driveway. We show that to my daughter and she looked dumbfounded that nothing was on there and started to get upset that I didn't believe her. I just had to tell her the I did believe she saw something that doesn't show up on video.

I know you'd be thinking "kids and all", but she is not the type to pull pranks and her fear was real. Not sure what to make of it.
Every pitbull that eats a kids face was never the type to be aggressive either.

Kids make **** up and can be pretty effective liars, especially if they're your kids because you can't believe your little angel would ever do something like that. And that's best case scenario. Worst case scenario is that your kid has some sort of psychosis that has her seeing things (for the record, this is the nightmare scenario and wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy). No case scenario is that there's a ghost pedo driving a black ghost truck riding around enticing kids in their own driveways with lollipops to hop in the truck.
Yelnick, on that subject I would always want to believe what she's saying. Just in case.
$3 Sack of Groceries
AG
Beachbabe19 said:

Yelnick, on that subject I would always want to believe what she's saying. Just in case.
Did you miss the part about the video evidence proving that it never happened?

I'd have believed her too until it was shown she lied about it. Thank god that neighbor had cameras up.
True I get that part and it would be awful to Wrongfully ID someone. But what if it's the repressed memory thing. And she got her facts wrong on timing and place. Just throwing a few things out there.
NWE
AG
Just post the proof.
I'm not posting anything. But I have validation and proof because of family members that experienced the same exact things. And after being married for a very long time and my husband finally experienced the same. We walk into a kitchen and we hear a party upstairs except there's no people. He was so sweet to fully trust in everything I said all those years. I guess it's because he knows me as a person. But dang it was great when he experienced it first hand. I was like, "Whew!"
Stat Monitor Repairman
Win At Life said:

My girl was about 10 when she came in the back door visibly shaking saying someone in a black truck stopped at the end of the driveway and tried to lure her in with candy. She ran upstairs and my wife ran to the bedroom to grab her keys (I wasn't there). She backs the car down the driveway to catch up to this guy, but never finds anyone.

My daughter says she saw the truck out front from her upstairs window drive off before my wife backed out. Turns out the neighbor across the street has a video camera pointed directly at our driveway. We reviewed the tape and saw no such truck all day, but see my wife backing out of the driveway. We show that to my daughter and she looked dumbfounded that nothing was on there and started to get upset that I didn't believe her. I just had to tell her the I did believe she saw something that doesn't show up on video.

I know you'd be thinking "kids and all", but she is not the type to pull pranks and her fear was real. Not sure what to make of it.
Thats a wild and disturbing story. Suppose it could be psychosis like someone pointed out.

Or ... maybe she was trying to pull a stunt so you would agree to buy her a cell phone ... for safety.

Who knows where she would have gotten that sophisticated an idea but if I were trying to think of a reasonable explanation, that would be my first guess.
babyshark
ttt4cheer
Ag_N_Houston
AG
More stories, please!
Not a Bot
AG
Why the hell did I open this thread?
Tomdoss92
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

IDAGG said:

BenFiasco14 said:

And I felt creepy as hell. I never attempted such a thing again, although after this experience I did have sleep paralysis twice which was terrifying but I knew what it was due to my research. I saw aliens and demons in my room.

OK Ben, given that I am familiar with your posting history, especially on the Politics Board and you seem to be a pretty rational guy, your recounting of your experience is actually bothering me a bit for that very reason...you don't appear to be a crack-pot.. So two questions:
1) The aliens and demons. Was that during that experience or in the sleep paralysis episodes you experienced at a later date?
2) In what context did you see these entities and what did they look like?

And I realize that I may be gullible here and you are seeing who falls for your story. Again, you seem, level-headed and that is why I am even asking these questions. Assuming you aren't yanking our chains, your experiences are the very definition of scary as hell.

Wade is right on the previous page.

1)When I "saw" "aliens and demons" later on, it was during sleep paralysis episodes.

2) The "aliens," as I choose to describe them, were basically five dark figures about human height that moseyed through my bedroom door and stood around my bed, presumably looking at me. It was pitch black in my room so I didn't see them any clearer than that. In my head I thought they were aliens. When I snapped out of the sleep paralysis, the figures were gone.

As for the "demon", kind of the same sort of situation except it was more vivid and I saw an image in my minds eye instead of physical beings. Round head, two holes as nostrils as a "nose," orange skin, and cartoonish eyes. It was also just the head. No neck or body. It was also wearing a black top hat from what I can remember. It did not speak, open its mouth, or anything. It just stared at me. It also disappeared immediately after I snapped out of the sleep paralysis.

Not making **** up or seeing who falls for this.
I'm so very sorry i missed this months ago.

Griffle
Another sleep paralysis example.

I'm 41, and this happened around the time I was in middle school. I woke up one night and could not move or scream. Happened a few times to me. But this one night, I awoke to our former preacher who had recently passed away. He stood at the foot of my bed and said something I cannot recall. After that, I drifted off to sleep easily and relaxed and woke up the next morning.

The few other times, I was in a panic until I was finally able to wake up properly. No other figures ever appeared. I still fear the sleep paralysis to this day though it's been a long time since it would happen.
Win At Life
AG
I remember having sleep paralysis once. I was taking a Saturday afternoon nap on the couch in the early 90's with the A&M/Tulsa game on and we were losing. I swear I was awake, but I couldn't move. I wanted to scream, but I couldn't. It was like a drug hit me and all I could do was lie there and take the horror silently until I fell back asleep. Creeps me out to this day.
APHIS AG
When I was in middle school, right at 6 AM, I would hear a tapping on my window. This would wake me up and I would see nothing but my back yard. This kept on for several days and one day, I decided to wake up a little earlier and catch whatever was tapping on my window.

So I pulled the curtain and waited. Right about that time, a mockingbird that was in a tree next to my window, swooped down, landed on my burglar bars, saw its reflection and attacked it.

This is just a story that can easily be construed as paranormal until the truth is revealed.

However, this does not take away the experiences of individuals that have witnessed or experienced incidents (including myself) of things that cannot or could not be explained away.
30wedge
Our family started deer hunting in the Texas Hill country when I was around 10 years old or so. We would hunt a place until they overpriced it, or there was an ownership change, or until we found a better place. On the first or second place my dad and his friends had, the rancher had a guy named Daniel that looked over the place, fed the cows, etc. Daniel worked for a handful of ranchers, feeding cows, looking after the place, fixing fences, watching for poachers, and he lived on different ranches in the time we knew him. Seems to me there were more absentee owners back then. Perhaps old folks holding on the property they had had in their family for many decades. Like our losing leases due to ownership changes, he too would have to move to another place if the rancher/new owner didn't want his services any longer.

Dan was of German ancestry, like so many out there, and he and his wife had five kids, four girls and a boy. One of his daughters and I got to spending time together when we would go out to the lease to work on the deer blinds, or build feed pens, or to just get away. She had these amazing eyes, they were light bluish in color and sometimes had the appearance of grey or almost silver. I do not recall them ever having a phone (landline that is, this was a long time ago, way before cell phones and the internet) and if they ever did there would have been no money in their budget or in ours for long distance phone charges. So she and I wrote letters a couple of times a week. I loved getting letters from her, my fascination with her grew with each and every one. I remember if I went more than three days without a letter, I worried she had found a guy out there to be friends with rather than with me.

Of course, as we got older, the dynamics changed. It helped Dan and his wife liked my parents and liked me and liked my brothers as well. I found every excuse to head out that way and did so frequently by myself. I wasn't ready to go to college or to work full time after high school, so I spent five years in retirement after graduation. I looked at it as rewarding myself for defeating the rigors of high school. During that deer season after graduation, she and I talked about living together. She had no plans, I had no plans, so we decided that was the thing to do. Our parents were not really for it, though they were not really against it, at least nothing was said to either of us. I suspect, looking back, they saw how close we had become and I imagine Dan and Lillian saw it as one less mouth to feed, lol.

She began searching for a place and I was trying to make some money in the oilfield before I left for the Hill Country. In a couple of months, she found a situation similar to what her dad did, a place where we would be responsible for the livestock, fences, feeding, etc. It didn't pay much, but it had an old house on it and we were to live in it, rent free. Seemed like heaven to us. The old house was 109 years old she had been told, fireplace was made of rocks from out that way, had running water, but no electric service. This house was 19 miles down a rock road, remote as hell. Most of that 19 miles was just a bit wider than one lane, was quite a chore if you met someone headed in your direction. There was never much traffic the last 8 or 9 miles of the road. There were several bump gates, several low water crossings, but it was perfect for us. The house needed a lot of work to be even minimally livable. There was a huge generator set out away from the house the provided electric service to the house and to the big barn about 80 yards from the house, basically lighting. We were cautioned about running it too much, as the fuel for it was purchased twice a year and if we ran out, we ran out.

One of the nicest things about living there was there was no city lights, no glow from a nearby town. When it was dark, it was dark, and I mean dark. Living there, when it was night time, well it became very evident why they called it the Milky Way. And, there were no sounds, nothing. A vehicle on the rock road was about it, and that almost never happened. We moved in right about the middle of January and the first week of February it snowed. I had not been around snow of course, having always lived within minutes of the Gulf, and I was amazed you could hear the snowflakes falling, hitting trees, bushes, the ground.

The generator was inside a sort of lean-to, the back was boarded, the sides and front open, and a tin roof protected it from the rain. Each evening one of us had to manually shut it off, turn the valve so the fuel supply was shut off. Out by it, at the base of a hill was what appeared to be an outhouse, but it was butted up against the rock wall, a sheer wall. We often wondered what it was, perhaps the opening to a mine with riches inside! It had a very old timey lock on it, not like any I had ever seen. She and I had explored all over the place, found horse shoes, old vehicle license plates, a few arrowheads, and, of course, things don't tend to rust away out there. We found hundreds and hundreds of yards of the old style barbed wire, three different types. One day, the owner came by, he lived in Oklahoma but dropped in. In the course of getting to know one another (she had met him years ago, I never had), the subject of the small outhouse-looking structure came up and his mood changed immediately. He said, quite bluntly, that we were not to ever open the door or try to go inside. So we didn't.

That spring, one evening, not quite dark, the generator stopped. I thought for sure it was the fuel, it was close to refill time and I feared we had run it out. I went to check, but it had fuel left. I started it right back up then thought it was getting late, so I shut it back down. This same thing happened a few days later. Then again. What was so strange was it would start right back up each time when I tried to restart it. So it didn't seem to be mechanical. I got it in my mind that someone was shutting off the fuel valve, then opening it back up after it died. But who would be that far out, and why? Nobody had come past the house. I decided to put something, a small rock, on the valve itself, and if someone turned off the valve they would knock it off. Sure enough, it shut down again on its own. I took a flashlight and yep, the rock was gone. For some reason I shined the light at the shed thing, and the lock was open and hanging on the latch. The thought was if Mr. Fuchs saw that, he would think we did it and he would kick us off the property, but I had no desire to go over to the lock that night and lock it back.

The next day I rigged up a housing to fit over the generator valve, got a lock and she and I went to the generator. The lock was back in place as it always had been. I didn't tell her what I had seen the night before. Maybe it was my imagination? That ended the generator shutting down, but was a pain in the ass having to unlock it to shut it down or start it up.

I began running, mostly in the evening, and the path I ran passed by the old barn and the generator. One evening, I was late getting started and late returning. I stopped to shut off the generator and then began to head back to the house. As I built up speed, I felt my tshirt snag on something, something pulled pretty hard on it. Every hair on my body stood on end. I jerked around, saw nothing, after all, it the light on the barn was out because the generator was off, and it was Hill Country dark. There were things growing beside the road where that happened, but it seemed more than just a snag. But I resolved that was what happened. A couple months later, again on a run, I got caught in a pretty decent rain. Soaked to the bone, but it was summer time now, so it wasn't all that bad. I stopped in the middle of the road to catch my breath, and I did so many nights on my run, I loved looking at the house and the faint yellow light from inside, where she had candles or a kerosene lamp going. And wonder what she was doing, waiting on my return. It was dark, and I felt a tug on my tshirt, from behind. Sort of three pretty hard pulls. Couldn't be a snag as I was still when it happened. Plus I was drenched and the shirt clung pretty tight to me. A feeling went through me like nothing I had ever experienced. I am not the scaredy cat type, but that scared the **** out of me. Bob Hayes would have finished a distant second to me in the sprint to the house.

We lived there just over a year from that episode. Had nothing like that happen again, no problems with the generator or anything.

So I didn't "see" a ghost. And actually I do not believe in ghosts or spirits. But I do believe people think they see things they cannot explain. The mind is a powerful thing, for both good and bad. And I believe some are more receptive to allowing it to happen.

CHOCOLATE CHIP TRIP
Ghosts are bull**** hth
goodAg80
AG
How about a picture of her eyes?
Bird Poo
AG
30wedge said:

Our family started deer hunting in the Texas Hill country when I was around 10 years old or so. We would hunt a place until they overpriced it, or there was an ownership change, or until we found a better place. On the first or second place my dad and his friends had, the rancher had a guy named Daniel that looked over the place, fed the cows, etc. Daniel worked for a handful of ranchers, feeding cows, looking after the place, fixing fences, watching for poachers, and he lived on different ranches in the time we knew him. Seems to me there were more absentee owners back then. Perhaps old folks holding on the property they had had in their family for many decades. Like our losing leases due to ownership changes, he too would have to move to another place if the rancher/new owner didn't want his services any longer.

Dan was of German ancestry, like so many out there, and he and his wife had five kids, four girls and a boy. One of his daughters and I got to spending time together when we would go out to the lease to work on the deer blinds, or build feed pens, or to just get away. She had these amazing eyes, they were light bluish in color and sometimes had the appearance of grey or almost silver. I do not recall them ever having a phone (landline that is, this was a long time ago, way before cell phones and the internet) and if they ever did there would have been no money in their budget or in ours for long distance phone charges. So she and I wrote letters a couple of times a week. I loved getting letters from her, my fascination with her grew with each and every one. I remember if I went more than three days without a letter, I worried she had found a guy out there to be friends with rather than with me.

Of course, as we got older, the dynamics changed. It helped Dan and his wife liked my parents and liked me and liked my brothers as well. I found every excuse to head out that way and did so frequently by myself. I wasn't ready to go to college or to work full time after high school, so I spent five years in retirement after graduation. I looked at it as rewarding myself for defeating the rigors of high school. During that deer season after graduation, she and I talked about living together. She had no plans, I had no plans, so we decided that was the thing to do. Our parents were not really for it, though they were not really against it, at least nothing was said to either of us. I suspect, looking back, they saw how close we had become and I imagine Dan and Lillian saw it as one less mouth to feed, lol.

She began searching for a place and I was trying to make some money in the oilfield before I left for the Hill Country. In a couple of months, she found a situation similar to what her dad did, a place where we would be responsible for the livestock, fences, feeding, etc. It didn't pay much, but it had an old house on it and we were to live in it, rent free. Seemed like heaven to us. The old house was 109 years old she had been told, fireplace was made of rocks from out that way, had running water, but no electric service. This house was 19 miles down a rock road, remote as hell. Most of that 19 miles was just a bit wider than one lane, was quite a chore if you met someone headed in your direction. There was never much traffic the last 8 or 9 miles of the road. There were several bump gates, several low water crossings, but it was perfect for us. The house needed a lot of work to be even minimally livable. There was a huge generator set out away from the house the provided electric service to the house and to the big barn about 80 yards from the house, basically lighting. We were cautioned about running it too much, as the fuel for it was purchased twice a year and if we ran out, we ran out.

One of the nicest things about living there was there was no city lights, no glow from a nearby town. When it was dark, it was dark, and I mean dark. Living there, when it was night time, well it became very evident why they called it the Milky Way. And, there were no sounds, nothing. A vehicle on the rock road was about it, and that almost never happened. We moved in right about the middle of January and the first week of February it snowed. I had not been around snow of course, having always lived within minutes of the Gulf, and I was amazed you could hear the snowflakes falling, hitting trees, bushes, the ground.

The generator was inside a sort of lean-to, the back was boarded, the sides and front open, and a tin roof protected it from the rain. Each evening one of us had to manually shut it off, turn the valve so the fuel supply was shut off. Out by it, at the base of a hill was what appeared to be an outhouse, but it was butted up against the rock wall, a sheer wall. We often wondered what it was, perhaps the opening to a mine with riches inside! It had a very old timey lock on it, not like any I had ever seen. She and I had explored all over the place, found horse shoes, old vehicle license plates, a few arrowheads, and, of course, things don't tend to rust away out there. We found hundreds and hundreds of yards of the old style barbed wire, three different types. One day, the owner came by, he lived in Oklahoma but dropped in. In the course of getting to know one another (she had met him years ago, I never had), the subject of the small outhouse-looking structure came up and his mood changed immediately. He said, quite bluntly, that we were not to ever open the door or try to go inside. So we didn't.

That spring, one evening, not quite dark, the generator stopped. I thought for sure it was the fuel, it was close to refill time and I feared we had run it out. I went to check, but it had fuel left. I started it right back up then thought it was getting late, so I shut it back down. This same thing happened a few days later. Then again. What was so strange was it would start right back up each time when I tried to restart it. So it didn't seem to be mechanical. I got it in my mind that someone was shutting off the fuel valve, then opening it back up after it died. But who would be that far out, and why? Nobody had come past the house. I decided to put something, a small rock, on the valve itself, and if someone turned off the valve they would knock it off. Sure enough, it shut down again on its own. I took a flashlight and yep, the rock was gone. For some reason I shined the light at the shed thing, and the lock was open and hanging on the latch. The thought was if Mr. Fuchs saw that, he would think we did it and he would kick us off the property, but I had no desire to go over to the lock that night and lock it back.

The next day I rigged up a housing to fit over the generator valve, got a lock and she and I went to the generator. The lock was back in place as it always had been. I didn't tell her what I had seen the night before. Maybe it was my imagination? That ended the generator shutting down, but was a pain in the ass having to unlock it to shut it down or start it up.

I began running, mostly in the evening, and the path I ran passed by the old barn and the generator. One evening, I was late getting started and late returning. I stopped to shut off the generator and then began to head back to the house. As I built up speed, I felt my tshirt snag on something, something pulled pretty hard on it. Every hair on my body stood on end. I jerked around, saw nothing, after all, it the light on the barn was out because the generator was off, and it was Hill Country dark. There were things growing beside the road where that happened, but it seemed more than just a snag. But I resolved that was what happened. A couple months later, again on a run, I got caught in a pretty decent rain. Soaked to the bone, but it was summer time now, so it wasn't all that bad. I stopped in the middle of the road to catch my breath, and I did so many nights on my run, I loved looking at the house and the faint yellow light from inside, where she had candles or a kerosene lamp going. And wonder what she was doing, waiting on my return. It was dark, and I felt a tug on my tshirt, from behind. Sort of three pretty hard pulls. Couldn't be a snag as I was still when it happened. Plus I was drenched and the shirt clung pretty tight to me. A feeling went through me like nothing I had ever experienced. I am not the scaredy cat type, but that scared the **** out of me. Bob Hayes would have finished a distant second to me in the sprint to the house.

We lived there just over a year from that episode. Had nothing like that happen again, no problems with the generator or anything.

So I didn't "see" a ghost. And actually I do not believe in ghosts or spirits. But I do believe people think they see things they cannot explain. The mind is a powerful thing, for both good and bad. And I believe some are more receptive to allowing it to happen.

Great story!
BenFiasco14
AG
Rule 1 (at the time of the story)
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Ghost91
MaxNumberOfCharactersIs01
Bump
NC2001
AG
I've never told this story before except to my wife: When my son was around three months old, he woke up in the middle of the night fussy and hungry like any newborn. I wanted my wife to get some sleep, so I took him to the living room and we sat in the dark with just a lamp on. Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed a dark shadow crawling at a slow pace towards the kitchen. When I looked in that direction, I saw a black, demon looking creature with red eyes staring at me as it was moving from one side of the house to the kitchen area. I jumped up and turned on the lights and it disappeared. A few nights later, same thing happened. My son was hungry and fussy, so I took him to the living room. This time I was facing the television (which was turned off) with one lamp on. As my son was settling in, I look at our television and I see an image of a tall, dark being sitting next to me. I could not move. I knew I was awake, but it felt like I was frozen in place. I prayed that I could get up and move right away, and after I said my prayer, the light from the lamp flickered and the dark being was gone. The next morning my wife and I went to church and began the preparation for our son to be baptized in church. After his baptism, we never experienced any issues.
Fairview
AG
30wedge said:

Call Mr. Fuchs and find out what the hell was in the shed thing.
JimbosHatBarelyFits
AG
For some reason I always find myself reading these stories real late at night and right before I go to bed...
BenFiasco14
AG
Yikes. Only thing I can think of is sleep paralysis. The exhaustion of a newborn lends to that theory
Shakes the Clown
Why do people feel the need to quote a long post? Simply hit reply!!!
Shakes the Clown
It wasn't sleep paralysis.
BenFiasco14
AG
Shakes the Clown said:

It wasn't sleep paralysis.

How would you know? He had a newborn baby and was likely extremely exhausted. I don't see it as a reach he dozed off a few times without knowing it, and given that state, you're much more susceptible to sleep paralysis
Shakes the Clown
Why did the episodes stop after the baby was baptized?
BenFiasco14
AG
Coincidence?

I'm not saying it wasn't real. Just offering a possible alternate explanation.
Shakes the Clown
Red eyes?

He saw red eyes...
BenFiasco14
AG
Shakes the Clown said:

Red eyes?

He saw red eyes...

And?
They don't have red eyes. They look like me or you... like you can reach out and touch them. They do what they want, when they want just like us. I'm assuming they don't know they're dead.

Sometimes they have on period clothing and have old time hair cuts and sometimes they wear modern clothes and look like people of today. Like I said, they do what they want.
$3 Sack of Groceries
AG
I always love the stories where somebody moves into or starts working at a new place and sees something curious (in this case an outhouse/mineshaft door) and then after some time, asks the old timey owner about it and is immediately met with a deadly serious "Don't ever go near there!" response.

Funny how something so serious isn't ever relayed upon move in or the first day on the job. No sir, only after months have passed is such delicate and important information ever provided.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.