Can anyone here seriously say they have seen a ghost?

329,784 Views | 1520 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by samsal75
BenFiasco14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Roots86 said:

Deep Freeze of Texas 2021

How do you explain Perfect Large Boot Prints in the Snow everywhere surrounding the house and not one single thing on outside cameras ? Still shaking my head .

Skinwalker
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Ryan the Temp
AG
I lost my father and stepdad three months apart in 2019 and was having a rough go of things for a while. Round about January 2020 I was sitting in my studio doing some writing and one of my dogs was in the hallway by the studio door. I was the only one home, except for the dogs, and there was no TV or radio on anywhere. Out of nowhere I hear distinct whistling coming from the living room. My dog popped her head up and looked that way as it happened. As I was trying to sort out in my mind if I had really heard what I thought I heard, my dog stood up facing toward the living room and her tail started wagging.

I told my mom about it and she nonchalantly said, "Oh, that's your grandfather. He must be checking up on you to make sure you're alright."
Caesar4
AG
ttt due to Halloween coming up.
Talon2DSO
AG
Juan Solo said:

If ghost aren't real, does that mean Jesus isn't either?

When Jesus resurrected, it wasn't as a ghost but as flesh.
Hey Doc, my psoas is sore
IIIHorn

What was in the kitchen?
Win At Life
AG
IIIHorn said:

What was in the kitchen?
A 5th dimension, swirling demon blob thing, apparently. But you'd have to go back a dozen pages or so to find it.
SkepticalAg09
GunRangeGal said:

Our current house is 113 years old, and we always joked about ghosts. One afternoon I was home alone folding laundry in the back guestroom. As clear as could be, what sounds like a few inches from my ear I hear a voice say "hello." I stopped what I was doing and stood super still. The acoustics in our house can be weird with the single pane windows and pass through/shotgun style… But I hadn't heard anything like that before.

A few weeks later, I'm working on my printer that hates me and I hear something say "what?" from what seems like a few inches away. Another time, I was setting up a trundle bed, and I heard "hmmm…"

At other times, I would hear footsteps which I attributed to our party wall neighbor being home… except most of the time I'd find out she was at her mountain house.

I went to scripture to convince myself that what I was experiencing wasn't real. Surely, since once you pass you can't return to earth, there are no such thing as ghosts? Unfortunately, what I did find was that there are spirits among us, just not the friendly ones of our friends and family who have passed… at least that's my interpretation of what I read.

I really hope that the voices and footsteps are just street noise bouncing around until it reaches my ear. Not going to lie, though, I've changed my opinion on the paranormal since living here. I am very glad we are moving.
Just curious, what scripture did you go to? Was it the bible? Or was it a text from one of the estimated 10,000 other religions? Also curious what decision process you used to ultimately choose the scripture you chose and not any of the others (if, in fact, you only consulted one holy book)
Mateo84
AG
Bumping for a similar thread on the OB
DamnGood86
AG
About 20 years ago we "bought back" a ranch property that my family had owned. My folks had sold it in 1984 when I was a sophomore at A&M. Starting not too long after we moved onto the place, I would "see" something in our bedroom at night. It has pretty consistently happened a couple of times per year for the 20 years we have been back. I attribute to me awakening, when my mind is floating between a dream state and the reality of a pitch dark room.

Most of the time I just see an indistinguishable figure but sometimes I believe it is a woman. I will lash out at the figure if it is within reach. I always get out of bed, warn my wife that something is in the room and turn the light on. At that point I always realize there is nothing there and I could not have seen anything because the room is too dark. I will get another "not again" from my wife.

There has been death nearby. On our place is a pioneer homestead, which we know some of the history. A woman and her infant daughter died in childbirth in the old house in 1872. They were buried on the place, down by the river in a very nice rock grave site. In 1972, their remains were disinterred and moved to a public cemetery, I believe so they would not be lost and forgotten in a pasture. Also, when I was a young kid an elderly neighbor couple died in a house fire. We bought eggs from them and the old lady was always very nice to me. Age once gave me a small panda figure, only about one-inch long but as a five-year old, it was one of my prized possessions.

Our house is almost centered between the two houses where these women died, about 1/4 mile to each, and in the middle of a pretty expansive area with no other homes.

One night, about a year ago, I had another one of my episodes. An old lady appeared to be standing right beside me at the head of the bed. When I saw her I struck at her. Usually that is when the vision disappears but this time the old lady just stood there. She had a kind of half smile on her face an I felt she meant me no harm. I extended my hand as kind of an apology for swinging at her but she did not move. I lay there looking at her for several moments and as I began to stir she faded and I began to realize the room was pitch black and too dark to see anything.

This occasion was different than the others. My delirium hung around longer and I had a definite interaction. Eerily, I felt I knew the person and she knew me. I told my wife the ghost was Mrs. Russell, the woman who had died in the house fire over 40 years ago. The woman who we bought eggs from on a weekly basis. The woman who had given me the little panda over fifty years ago. The little panda that I still have in a box in my closet about 10' from where she stood by my bed.

Likely just dreaming.
You may not be a moron, but some people think you are.
AggieArchitect04
AG
Had a very weird experience at the Faust hotel in New Braunfels. Below is my Yelp review of what happened. Never saw anything but definitely had an unusual experience...

Girlhowdy
AG
AggieArchitect04 said:

Had a very weird experience at the Faust hotel in New Braunfels.

Thanks for adding!
Caesar4
AG
Any new experiences to relay? (just in time for Halloween)
CoachtobeNamed$$$
I've been sleeping with my bedroom door locked for the last 4 months ever since I began to hear noises coming from the kitchen and living room. I live alone. Almost every night I hear things sliding around on the floor with the occasional bump or crash! I've turned on the TV and upped the volume hoping the loud sounds of human voices would make whatever is outside my bedroom door go away….but I quit doing that as it only seemed to attract the evil spirit as I would hear bumps and scratches at my door. I just lay there with the covers pulled up to my chin, bug eyed trembling with terror staring at the door. In the morning, when I open my door, I see things all over the living room floor and I'm ecstatically greeted by my two new Jack Russell puppies as they have survived yet another night of witnessing the terror themselves.
Ghost91
This thread again? Why can't you people just leave me alone?
samsal75
AG
Ghost!!! I thought you said Goat!!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.