Can anyone here seriously say they have seen a ghost?

330,321 Views | 1520 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by samsal75
ghostp
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Interestingly creepy.
Nougat
I don't believe a single one of these stories.
Gone
ghosts dont exist
Beer Baron
AG
Thanks to the blocking feature sea bass shows up as a ghost on this thread.
Desert Power
AG
ttt
km_2013
I've never seen one, but about a year ago I am pretty positive I had an encounter. I don't like talking about it.. I still don't sleep at night.
bmc13
AG
story time!!
Diamond Geezer
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=san+marcos,+texas&hl=en&ll=29.805367,-97.981777&spn=0.003403,0.005917&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=52.020054,96.943359&vpsrc=6&hnear=San+Marcos,+Hays,+Texas&t=h&z=18

This is the site of what is referred to as Cry Baby Cemetery. It's on the outskirts of San Marcos.

My best friend moved to San Marcos at the beginning of high school. I went to visit him the next summer, and I ended taking Drivers Ed with him there in San Marcos.

During the class we would go on drives around the area. One time when I was driving, we were on our way to Canyon Lake, and my friend piped up from the back seat, that we were on the same road as "Cry Baby Cemetery." Since we needed to switch drivers, he asked if we could stop there to make the change. The drivers ed instructor agreed.

While stopped, the drivers ed instructor, a local, related the basic story: a while back (don't know the exact date), there was a Mexican immigrant couple who were hard up for cash. They sold their baby on the black market, and when the purchaser could not find a buyer for the baby, he ended up burying it in an unmarked grave in this cemetery to be rid of it.

The legend is that if you pull up to the cemetery and honk your horn, if you roll down your windows you can hear what sounds like a baby crying. The drivers ed instructor told us that it could probably be explained by the wind whipping over power lines which produced the sound.

So this was a beautiful day, and it was early in the afternoon. But right after we heard the instructor tell the story, clouds moved in and all of the vibrant color -- the green of the grass, the fresh flowers that marked the entrance of the cemetery at that time, everything -- all of the sudden became desaturated. It was the strangest thing. Incredibly eerie.

So at this point, I'm a little unsettled, and that only increased when my friend reaches over the back seat to where his twin sister was now driving (I had moved to the back seat behind her, and obviously the instructor was in the passenger seat) and honks the horn a few times to be a dick, I guess. Now for some reason, that I can't explain I get the coldest chill I've ever experienced. I want to get the F out of that place; something just does not feel right. I tell his sister and everyone else to roll up their windows and for her to start speeding away.

I'm so fearful at this point of hearing anything resembling a baby crying that I reach over the backseat, and I turn up the radio really loud. This needs to be established -- this car only had an am/fm radio. There was no tape player or cd player.
There was a Van Halen song on the radio. And while I'm not a huge VH fan, I was immediately comforted not to be hearing any sounds coming from the outside of the car.

That was until the radio station from out of nowhere fades to static for a few seconds, and then out of the speakers comes the shrillest baby cry I have ever heard. It lasted for maybe 5 seconds, and it was most definitely the sound of a baby. The radio station crackled again, and then it was back to Van Halen.

Everyone in the car looked at each other, and we were screaming in disbelief. The instructor was disturbed as well. Enough so, that even though we had not gotten close to Canyon Lake, he navigated us back to the drivers ed school, and we called it a day.

I was not able to sleep for a few nights after this. I could not get that sound out of my head. To this day, I can't explain it, and I still get a little on edge when I think about it.

[This message has been edited by DeanTravers (edited 10/4/2011 10:31a).]
Tomdoss92
AG
if you haven't seen it, and you've read these, you are now in the mood to see this short called Bedfellows:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Fewdiodotcom#p/search/0/0z6xGU2_g9s
Diamond Geezer
nice
313-7-12thMan
I've got the scariest most intense true story ever but since I don't like talking about it I'm just gonna tease y'all.

(Thanks KL)
NorthGateOriginal
http://www.texashauntsociety.com/txhaunting.html

that is a link that shows haunted places in Texas.
Human
AG
Dean

Is that on the Wesr side of 35?
I may have to check that out

Cool stories

I believe in ghosts but never experienced them
km_2013
quote:
I've got the scariest most intense true story ever but since I don't like talking about it I'm just gonna tease y'all.

(Thanks KL)

Sorry! My story really isnt all that scary, but it makes me feel like a crazy person when I talk about it.

It's long, but JUST FOR YOU 313
--
Last October, my husband was working out of town, and it was just me and my 2 year old daughter and 2 month old son.

It was about 10:30 at night. My daughter was sound asleep in my bed. My son was in his swing in the living room sleeping. I was in the kitchen washing dishes. The kitchen is closed off from the living room, so I can not see anything from where I am standing by the sink.
I am just going about my business, going through my nightly routine , washing bottles. The water is running, and I can hear the baby swing rocking back and forth.

I suddenly hear something fall... I walk to the living room, and see my phone on the floor. I had placed it on the seat of the couch, and it was on the floor about 3 feet away from the couch. I picked it up, looked at it I thought maybe it was vibrating and slid off, but no missed alerts. So i put it Across the cup holders, which are flat and not at an angle at all, so I thought there was no way it could slide off. I went back to washing dishes... I hear it fall again. I go pick it up. This time, I put it inside of the cup holder, which is about 2 1/2 inches deep. I go back to the kitchen, and turn on the water. It falls again.

At this point I am a little weirded out. So I take the phone with me to the kitchen, and place it on the island which is to my back. I go back to washing dishes. Suddenly, the scalding hot water I rinse in, turned Ice cold... and I got the worst sensation of fear I have ever had. I was frozen, my knees felt weak, and I has an absolutely terrified feeling, but I had to turn around.

I turned around to see my phone sliding across the (level) island... My heart jumped into my throat, and i just watched as it stopped with half of it hanging over the edge. At that point my son let out the most blood curdling scream.. i grabbed the phone, grabbed him, and ran to my bedroom at the back of the house.

I call my husband hysterical. From the bedroom door, I can see the light in the kitchen going on and off, on and off. I am scrambling trying to wake my daughter, who was sound asleep still. My husband , still on the phone, calls a friend of his, who live just a few minutes away to come check on me... I am in my bed room just listening in horror, as I can hear the cabinets slamming in the kitchen. When my husband's friend got there, he used the extra key to come in, because I was not leaving my room to head towards the kitchen. When he walked in, he just stopped, and stared into the kitchen. I heard him say "oh my god"... ran back to the room, helped me grab my kids and the baby bag, and told me to run out of the door. My husband had not mentioned anything about what I had experienced.

As we are getting the kids into the truck, my daughter who is still asleep, lifted up her head, and asks where the man with the black kitty went. I asked her what she was talking about... she said a man with a black kitty was standing by the door when we left.

I stayed the night at a friend's house, and the next morning I went back to the house, with a priest. When we walked in, my collection of 22 wall crosses were all hung upside down. The priest called a friend of his, and suggested that I leave them alone in the house.

I had him walk with me through the house as I packed large bags for all of us, and went to stay with my husband out of town. We got a phone call from the priest, who asked us to be sure that our children were baptized, and said nothing else.

When we came back to town, he too (my husband) experienced the cabinet noises and other banging noises. My daughter was always talking about different men with different animals. We moved out of the house a month later.

My husband's friend still will not tell me what he saw. He has told my husband, but he will not tell me either. He says it is best that I dont know. Every noise still wakes me up at night... I will never be the same.

[This message has been edited by KL_AG08 (edited 10/5/2011 1:38p).]
bmc13
AG
what town/city did that happen in? old house/new?
km_2013
quote:
what town/city did that happen in? old house/new?

Happened in Bryan. That house was built in 1978.
DripAG08
AG
quote:
Sorry! My story really isnt all that scary, but it makes me feel like a crazy person when I talk about it.

It's long, but JUST FOR YOU 313
--
Last October, my husband was working out of town, and it was just me and my 2 year old daughter and 2 month old son.

It was about 10:30 at night. My daughter was sound asleep in my bed. My son was in his swing in the living room sleeping. I was in the kitchen washing dishes. The kitchen is closed off from the living room, so I can not see anything from where I am standing by the sink.
I am just going about my business, going through my nightly routine , washing bottles. The water is running, and I can hear the baby swing rocking back and forth.

I suddenly hear something fall... I walk to the living room, and see my phone on the floor. I had placed it on the seat of the couch, and it was on the floor about 3 feet away from the couch. I picked it up, looked at it I thought maybe it was vibrating and slid off, but no missed alerts. So i put it Across the cup holders, which are flat and not at an angle at all, so I thought there was no way it could slide off. I went back to washing dishes... I hear it fall again. I go pick it up. This time, I put it inside of the cup holder, which is about 2 1/2 inches deep. I go back to the kitchen, and turn on the water. It falls again.

At this point I am a little weirded out. So I take the phone with me to the kitchen, and place it on the island which is to my back. I go back to washing dishes. Suddenly, the scalding hot water I rinse in, turned Ice cold... and I got the worst sensation of fear I have ever had. I was frozen, my knees felt weak, and I has an absolutely terrified feeling, but I had to turn around.

I turned around to see my phone sliding across the (level) island... My heart jumped into my throat, and i just watched as it stopped with half of it hanging over the edge. At that point my son let out the most blood curdling scream.. i grabbed the phone, grabbed him, and ran to my bedroom at the back of the house.

I call my husband hysterical. From the bedroom door, I can see the light in the kitchen going on and off, on and off. I am scrambling trying to wake my daughter, who was sound asleep still. My husband , still on the phone, calls a friend of his, who live just a few minutes away to come check on me... I am in my bed room just listening in horror, as I can hear the cabinets slamming in the kitchen. When my husband's friend got there, he used the extra key to come in, because I was not leaving my room to head towards the kitchen. When he walked in, he just stopped, and stared into the kitchen. I heard him say "oh my god"... ran back to the room, helped me grab my kids and the baby bag, and told me to run out of the door. My husband had not mentioned anything about what I had experienced.

As we are getting the kids into the truck, my daughter who is still asleep, lifted up her head, and asks where the man with the black kitty went. I asked her what she was talking about... she said a man with a black kitty was standing by the door when we left.

I stayed the night at a friend's house, and the next morning I went back to the house, with a priest. When we walked in, my collection of 22 wall crosses were all hung upside down. The priest called a friend of his, and suggested that I leave them alone in the house.

I had him walk with me through the house as I packed large bags for all of us, and went to stay with my husband out of town. We got a phone call from the priest, who asked us to be sure that our children were baptized, and said nothing else.

When we came back to town, he too (my husband) experienced the cabinet noises and other banging noises. My daughter was always talking about different men with different animals. We moved out of the house a month later.

My husband's friend still will not tell me what he saw. He has told my husband, but he will not tell me either. He says it is best that I dont know. Every noise still wakes me up at night... I will never be the same.

What in the hell?
phatbc
microearthquake?

[This message has been edited by phatbc (edited 10/5/2011 2:15p).]
bmc13
AG
KL

was it at 3602 Hawks St.?

and did you ever talk to the previous owners or current owners/realtor?
km_2013
bmc, Haha, no no glowing red hawk street eyes.

We didn't talk to the previous owner, we were leasing, but the landlord let us out of the lease no questions asked.

One of the neighbors who had been in that neighborhood for 30+ years said people always stay a few years in that house and then move out. The last 3 owners ( perbrazos cad,) owned 2 years, then sold
We lived there a little over a year.
We lived there for 14 months.

[This message has been edited by Kl_ag08 (edited 10/5/2011 2:29p).]
Huktaz04
If not, is it on 26th street?
km_2013
Nope.. Beautiful little house , right in the center of wheeler ridge.
Huktaz04
My mother had problems on 26th street and never did again once they moved out of there.
Human
AG
quote:
We moved out of the house a month later.

I bet that was the most horrific month ever.

Wow, I'd like to know what your husband and friend saw too.

AgTDub
AG
quote:

+1
PJD Ag 10
AG
Dang, KL, that's wild.
bmc13
AG
dp

[This message has been edited by bmc13 (edited 10/5/2011 2:50p).]
bmc13
AG
quote:

+2
chipotle
quote:
One of the neighbors who had been in that neighborhood for 30+ years

I thought wheeler ridge was a fairly new neighborhood? Like mid to late 90s.
phatbc
So I know they don't want to tell you KL, but is there someway one of them can post what they saw on here and you will just agree to never click on this thread again? or they can edit it out after awhile
CDub06
AG
Goosebumps
phatbc
quote:
I thought wheeler ridge was a fairly new neighborhood? Like mid to late 90s.
dun dunn dunnnnnnn
MisterJones
AG
quote:
ANYONE BEEN ABDUCTED BY ALIENS?

quote:
my mom saw UFOs once

Has there ever been a serious UFO thread on the GB? Now that's what I wanna see
chipotle
Actually, I just found the older section of Wheeler Ridge online. Subdivision built in the early 80s.
Caliber
AG
According to this:
http://www.city-data.com/neighborhood/Wheeler-Ridge-Bryan-TX.html
Most of the houses where built in the 80s, some back into the 70s.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.