Can anyone here seriously say they have seen a ghost?

329,865 Views | 1520 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by samsal75
Aggiechick2003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
my ghost always gives me a tingling feeling inside...oh wait...that was just my....never mind.

i actually have & almost peed my pants. it was so cool.
LisaMarie
AG
stump, that's crazy!

my mom several times has woken up and seen someone standing at the foot of the bed.

i've never SEEN a ghost but the only experience i've had was in the community bathroom in the dorm a couple years ago:

it was around 4am and i had to walk about 30ft down the dorm hall to the bathroom. there was no one in it and everything was silent. i went into one of the stalls and was doing my business when all of the sudden my heart starts racing, i started breathing heavier, got goosebumps, and i was sure, POSITIVE, that there was something in the bathroom with me, in the stall next to me. I felt if i stayed in the bathroom for one more minute i would see something i would never want to see. the atmosphere was thick, oppressive, and i have never felt that kind of feeling: fear on the edge of raw panic. i flew out of there as fast as i could, absolutely certain that there was something on my heels, and if i turned, i would see it. i literally RAN back to my room, slammed the door and locked it. i didn't sleep all night. even a couple years later i can remember how scary that was and i am still SURE that there was a presence in that bathroom that night.
LisaMarie
AG
i knew someone would joke about that.

seriously, i've never felt fear like that. you weren't there, so i forgive your lame joke.
Fenrir
People with over active imaginations.
Aggiechick2003
i was sober & not on any drugs!!!!
NoACDamnit
I saw this guy on the sidelines at the tu game

----------------------------------------------------

the next attack will probably be in NY...maybe a nuck... -- overwater
pattybrhg
Wellborn goat-man?

What's the story on that one?
tske87
I had sleep paralysis a couple times. Spooked me until I learned what it was. Never hallucinated, but I couldn't move for about 10 or so seconds.
chicken of the sea
what does that have to do with ghosts?
Theo
quote:
I had sleep paralysis a couple times. Spooked me until I learned what it was. Never hallucinated, but I couldn't move for about 10 or so seconds.

I have had sleep paralysis as well, only mine has been associated with hypnagogic hallucinations and illusions.

Now that is scary.

You're lying in bed awake and can't move and you're absolutely positive that the coat hanging on your door is an intruder.

[This message has been edited by Theo (edited 1/15/2008 1:49a).]
Nise03
AG
* My husband is one of the biggest skeptics in the world when it comes to ghosts and whatnot. But he swears that the night his Mom passed away, he was driving home and he heard her talk to him. He said he literally pulled over on the interstate and had a long conversation with his Mom that night. And she told him how she'd be watching out for him and his sister.

* I had a bad day and was in tears driving home when out of no where my grandma's favorite song came on the radio. And when I say out of no where, we're talking Freddy Fender's "Before the Last Tear Drop Falls"? And, if I recall correctly, I was listening to a rock station. It was definitely a case of the song not at all belonging on the station I had playing, nor was it ever acknowledged as having played. Needless to say, I got the message and cheered up pretty fast.
Squilliam Fancyson
AG
Never have but am really interested in true ghost sightings. Makes my hair stand on end.
TH
Several times a week for about the last 7 years, I have woken up suddenly in the middle of the night to find Hello Kitty at my bedside wielding a knife dripping with blood.

No one in my family understands why I can't stand to be near, or have any contact with anything that has Hello Kitty's likeness on it, which is really tough when you have a fiver year old daughter running around.
OldArmy1606
i'm pretty sure most of my spooky instances have been the result of an over active imagination. I do like hearing people's stories though...I'm definitely a skeptic, but at the same time don't like to be in very dark places alone. I tried getting into the Animal Industries building on Halloween night, and the only door that was open was into the mechanical room, but i was alone and thought better of it.
TH
I've been in the ANIN building in the middle of the night, studying with others for exams and we heard some odd noises, some say it was the former elevator being call down to the basement for the guy that died, but none of us knew exactly where the old elevator shaft was anyway so we can't be sure if that was what we heard.
OldArmy1606
oh there isn't an elevator in there anymore? supposedly you can also hear the guy calling for help.
TH
there is an elevator, but not the original one.
aggieann
AG
Not a ghost story per se, but I want to bump the thread because it's so interesting . . .

My mother had a sister who died a few years ago at an elderly age. I saw her only every ten years or so, and we weren't close although I really liked her. One Friday evening while I was relaxing at home, I was seized by a compulsion to scan and organize all the old family photos that were scattered in various places. I stayed up until after 3:00 in the morning doing this and I am NOT a night person. I printed out the photos and put them into a scrapbook and mailed it to her (and sent CDs to all the other relatives). The day after she received it, she had a stroke and went into a coma from which she never recovered. I just hope that she enjoyed seeing them and that it prepared her to reunite with those who had passed before her.
gambochaman
AG
i is scared now
Eric Forman
AG
When I was 4 or 5, my family lived in Henderson, TX. We lived in an old house and my room had a screen door leading outside. On several occasions, I would wake up with a feeling that someone was watching me. When my eyes focused, there was a dark but very distinct figure standing between my bed and the doorway. The figure sorta had the shape of my father, so I would ask "Daddy? What are you doing daddy?". I would ask that a couple of times and then my father would walk through the figure and say "What's wrong son?". I would ask him why he was just standing there. He asked what I was talking about.... he had just walked into the room.

That happened a few times there....

Fast forward to my freshman year of high school. One evening, I again was laying in bed. The moon was bright enough to where I could see my room and the hallway outside of my door (I kept it open at that point because it kept the room cooler). I woke up and when my eyes focused I saw the same dark distinct figure. This time it was standing outside my door. I don't scare very easily, so I got up and started walking towards it. It backed up as I moved forward. My parents room was at the end of the hallway and the figure was making its way to their room. As I approached their room, my father passed through the figure and startled the crap out of me. He asked me why I was making so much noise. Well, I hadn't made a sound to my knowledge and I told him what I saw. He said I was imagining it and told me to go back to bed.

That was the last time I saw the figure.
Gomer95
AG
I don't believe in ghosts from a Biblical perspective because Hebrews 9:27 says "And just as people are appointed to die once, and then to face judgment"

I take this to mean that when a person dies they are either with the Lord or separated from Him, not roaming the Earth as a spirit or haunting a house or something. That being said, I do think that demons are what people think are "ghosts" and that's what they are messing with when they use ouija boards or have "ghostly activity".

When I say ghost, I mean the ghostly spirit of a once living person is what I don't believe in. For example, Abe Lincoln died. He is now either with God or separated from Him. His ghost is NOT in the Lincoln bedroom or somewhere else that people see him from time to time. If someone holds a seance to talk with Abe and "he" talks to them, I think that is a demon impersonating him and not the actual spirit or soul of Abraham Lincoln. Make sense?

I do like to read all these stories though.
Hobo Zombie
AG
I've experienced something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0
gambochaman
AG
my gramma is a very supersticious and spiritual woman and she has a "sixth" sense about things that i kind of inherited. she can see and sense things before they happen..it is really eerie
for example, one time she was sleeping and she woke up and could feel the presence of a cousin of hers who had passed...she said she could feel the touch and that he was very very distressed..

a couple of days later his son in law committed suicide..

i too have felt things like this before certain events and it scares the sheet out of me...i havent experience anything to that level though and i hope i never do.

only time i saw (or think i saw) some kind of ghost was back at our old apt in venezuela. i had just stepped into the hallway (mom and dad's room on the right, bathroom on the far end at the left) when i look left and see what i thought was my brother enter the bathroom and slam the door...(i just caught the last glimpse of him as he entered) so i went and knocked to see if he was ok and i get no response...i open the door and there was no one there and the light was off..

freaked the ever living hell out of me
Squilliam Fancyson
AG
Scary stuff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ck2aKXjYQ0&feature=related
olarmy69
saw the Saratoga Bragg Light does thaat count?
BigRobSA
I was seven when my abuelita died. My aunt (her daughter) moved into her house a few weeks later. My mother and I visited her one night to hang out watching TV. We were in the living room, when all of a sudden, we heard musicbox music. My grandma had an old music box that she kept her jewelry in. It was still in her room, that my aunt hadn't yet had the energy/will to clean up or change. My aunt went to the back bedroom and closed it and locked it. She then returned to the LR. A few minutes later, it happened again. My aunt got pasty white (hard for a dark mexican ) and said "I just locked it with the key!".

At UTSA, Chisholm hall had years of stories about the 4th floor being haunted. Before I had heard any of them, I was an RA during the summer when no students are there, only dance teams from around the state/nation amd incoming Fish for UTSA's "fish camp".

After one of the dance competitions had ended, I was one of two RAs left in the whole dorm. We were tasked with doing the inventory of the 4th floor. I didn't/don't sleep much, so I volunteered to do most of it during the middle of the night.

Once up there, I felt a presence after going into the first room (401). {Since my mother's death as a ten year old, I have been very sensitive to "things".} Well, after feeling the presence, I stuck my head out of the door and looked down the hall (2 or 3 football fields in length). I did so just in time to see/hear ALL of the doorknobs twist and jiggle like someone was trying to open them. This was in succession. 403 moved, then 405, etc...really quickly, like someone/something was running down the hall and hitting the door knobs.

People always told of that noise, or footsteps along the hall. The floor was a foot thick of concrete. And elephant could walk silently down the hall.
Eric Forman
AG
Squil, you ass. I have to take a dump and you almost made me drop it here at my desk
olarmy69
ANYONE BEEN ABDUCTED BY ALIENS?
Post removed:
by user
Blacque Jacque Shallaque
My 4-year-old niece was playing by herself in the upstairs gameroom in my brother-in-laws house. When she came downstairs, my sister-in-law asked what she was doing and she replied that she had been upstairs playing with "the old man and his train set." My SIL ran upstairs and, of course, saw nothing. She told this story to others in town and learned that the previous owner of the house was in fact an older gentleman who had an elaborate train set he kept and collected in the upstairs room. My SIL didn't know this and there was no way a 4-year-old would have know it.
TxAg_01
quote:
i'm pretty sure most of my spooky instances have been the result of an over active imagination.

i'm pretty sure that's the case for just about all of thess
aglaohfour
AG
Olearmy,

I've seen Bragg light too! My Uncles took me and my cousins out there around midnight one night - I was only 10 or so and it scared the crap out of me!
Emotional Support Cobra
AG
this didn't happen to me, but when he was about 4, my ex boyfriend was hit by a car and (as I recall it) was unconscious for some time while his parents kept vigil at the hospital.

When he woke up he told his mom that Jesus told him that he would be OK.

They had not been a religious family and didn't go to church so there was no reason that he would have really known who Jesus was or that he would protect him.

Needless to say they are churchgoers now!!
Emotional Support Cobra
AG
Shortly after my grandma died she came to me in a dream. My mom had been really worried about her soul, because Grammie was never a religious type, and so when I told my mom that I saw Grammie and that she told me she was OK, my mom actually believed me and broke down crying.

Too weird, since my mom is a religious non-ghost believer type, but she completely believed me.
BigRobSA
I like watching Ghost Hunters on Sci-Fi channel. They're not like the "Most Haunted" show or others on the TV. They don't employ psychics, nor hold seances. They use technology and common sense, all while going it to DISPROVE "hauntings". That being said, they've caught some pretty cool video, pictures, recordings of stuff that there's no logical explanation for other than some sort of otherworldly energy.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.