***********2023-2024 San Antonio Spurs Thread********************

175,721 Views | 3265 Replies | Last: 18 min ago by Enzo The Baker
jteagle
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Bronny:

6'1.5" barefoot so 6'3 with shoes
6'7.25" wingspan
210 lbs
40.5" vertical
2nd place after Karaban in on the move shooting with 76%. Knecht and Castle at 72% and Reed at 60%.

I want Karaban in the 2nd round.
Guitarsoup
AG
We have two picks. I'd be thrilled with Karaban.
Ag Natural
AG
FTAG 2000 said:

jteagle said:

Don't eff this up Wright.

The overall consensus is this is the weakest draft in years nobody having star potential. There's supposedly GMs saying having the #1 pick is like starting at pick 10 in most years.

So I'd find it hard to take any critism seriously.
jteagle
AG
Ag Natural said:

FTAG 2000 said:

jteagle said:

Don't eff this up Wright.

The overall consensus is this is the weakest draft in years nobody having star potential. There's supposedly GMs saying having the #1 pick is like starting at pick 10 in most years.

So I'd find it hard to take any critism seriously.

Agreed. We all have our favorites but there are no guarantees this year. Plus we're talking about 19 year old kids mostly who haven't had much development.

When it's all said and done, I will trust the organization.
superunknown
AG
This was eye opening

flashplayer
AG
Hot take here but Karaban is a guy I would draft if I'm any of the teams in the 20s who made the playoffs and none of the other available players in this shallow draft fill a glaring need. Shooting like that doesn't come along all that often in 6'8". He would be an immediate contributor on a good team. There's not many players like that in the 20s most years.

I doubt we get him unless we move up with the 3rd pick. Maybe he gets picked up early 2nd round but I'd bet it's in the first couple picks. ~40/90 3pt/FT guys that are 6'8" will sell in a draft like this
Guitarsoup
AG
flashplayer said:

Hot take here but Karaban is a guy I would draft if I'm any of the teams in the 20s who made the playoffs and none of the other available players in this shallow draft fill a glaring need. Shooting like that doesn't come along all that often in 6'8". He would be an immediate contributor on a good team. There's not many players like that in the 20s most years.

I doubt we get him unless we move up with the 3rd pick. Maybe he gets picked up early 2nd round but I'd bet it's in the first couple picks. ~40/90 3pt/FT guys that are 6'8" will sell in a draft like this
I woudn't mind an all UCONN draft, tbh.

4 - Castle
8 - Clingan
35 - Karaban
48 - Cam Spencer or Newton

Clingan isn't my first choice, but I think he is going to be Poeltl or better pretty quickly. If Reed, Matas, Risacher are gone and we don't want to stash Salaun in Austin for 3 years, I think it could make sense. We need a guy to body up on Jokic, and I don't think Wemby is that guy for 40 minutes a game in the playoffs.
Guitarsoup
AG
Sure seems like a lot of smoke that Jarrett Allen is gone and either Garland or Donovan is gone.

jteagle
AG
Every mock draft I've seen has Karaban going in the 2nd round and only one has him going before the Spurs pick. I definitely like to see them take him.
Enzo The Baker
AG
I don't see a world where Mitchell signs an extension with the Cavs. My money would be on a Mitchell sign and trade.
Enzo The Baker
AG
jteagle said:

Every mock draft I've seen has Karaban going in the 2nd round and only one has him going before the Spurs pick. I definitely like to see them take him.

He did really well in the shooting drills at the combine.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.