***********2023-2024 San Antonio Spurs Thread********************

197,078 Views | 3599 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by Guitarsoup
THE_CHOSEN_ONE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'll be at the game tonight, bet on the Spurs to win.
Guitarsoup
AG

TheNotoriousP.I.P.
AG
Of players who have played at least 100 minutes this year, Vic is tied for 9th best DRTG in the league. Our next best guy is Charles Bassey who is tied for 42nd but obviously has been out with an injury for half the year. Then you have Barlow and Mamu tied for 229th, neither of whom are rotation mainstays. Our second best actual rotation player is Champagnie who is tied for the 276th best DRTG at 118. League average DRTG is 115.7.

I know we talked about not pushing all of our chips in this offseason but one thing that I do hope we do is bring in at least 2 defensive-minded role players. Defense is a lot cheaper to acquire than offense so that's something we should be able to accomplish without giving up too much. Banish Zach to GrahamBirch-land, let Bassey and Barlow soak up his backup frontcourt minutes, bring in a couple of above average defenders, and start building an identity as a defensive powerhouse. Wemby is such a menace on that end that we should be a top 5 defense every year and there really isn't much of an excuse not to be from here on out.
Enzo The Baker
AG

Come home, Bala. Come home.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Probably converting Barlow to a full contract.
Guitarsoup
AG
Hope that Morris gave us a lot of money. Wanted to stick it to him and cut him March 3rd, when he couldn't join a playoff team anymore.
superunknown
AG
I know PATFO will always do right by people but I feel the one time they DON'T do right? People will be telling whoever they "wronged" they deserved it.
superunknown
AG
Jeez. Seems like Wemby is hunting down Chet at every chance and just going at him.
FTAG 2000
AG
superunknown said:

Jeez. Seems like Wemby is hunting down Chet at every chance and just going at him.

Did it last time they played too. I love it. He's trying to end him every play. That's my boy.
Guitarsoup
AG
superunknown said:

I know PATFO will always do right by people but I feel the one time they DON'T do right? People will be telling whoever they "wronged" they deserved it.
After Morris reneged on his contract agreement AFTER we agreed to trade away Bertans, I think people would understand.

I just hope it bought us some extra cash this time around. If Morris wants to chase rings, he can pay for it.
superunknown
AG
Absolutely. Woulda been nice one time to stiff someone like that.

This one's for you, Marcus.

#TeamPetty
FTAG 2000
AG
lol that Wemby block on Chet should finish off the ROY debate.

Adios Holmgren.
Enzo The Baker
AG
FTAG 2000 said:

lol that Wemby block on Chet should finish off the DOY debate.

Adios Holmgren.

Yep. That sealed it.

Zach Collins' best game of the year. He actually tried on defense.
jteagle
AG
FTAG 2000 said:

lol that Wemby block on Chet should finish off the ROY debate.

Adios Holmgren.

YES! Victor was clutch in the 4th qtr and outplayed Chet and the Spurs won decisively.
LawHall88
AG
Sher Thing
superunknown
AG
FTAG 2000 said:

superunknown said:

Did it last time they played too. I love it. He's trying to end him every play. That's my boy.

"And I took that personally."

Enzo The Baker
AG
THE_CHOSEN_ONE
THE_CHOSEN_ONE said:

I'll be at the game tonight, bet on the Spurs to win.
Guitarsoup
AG

Devin absolutely hunting Chet.

Embarrassing for Broklahoma
Guitarsoup
AG
Guitarsoup
AG
Guitarsoup
AG
jteagle
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

More and more, I think the Spurs should look at what the Nuggets have done building around Jokic. They have one Superstar surrounded by several above average borderline star players. The Spurs don't have to another superstar to make this work. They just need to draft/sign solid players that will continue to grow and learn.
Guitarsoup
AG
jteagle said:

Enzo The Baker said:

More and more, I think the Spurs should look at what the Nuggets have done building around Jokic. They have one Superstar surrounded by several above average borderline star players. The Spurs don't have to another superstar to make this work. They just need to draft/sign solid players that will continue to grow and learn.

Trade for Trae. Draft Bronny with a second.

Sign Lebron with the mle. Have Bron bring his ring chasers

---------

With the Denver comparison, I don't see any reason why Sochan won't be better than Aaron Gordon. Gordon is at 14.6p, 6.1r, .9s, .7b, 2.8a on .541/.324/.664 shooting in Denver.

Spurs obviously need a good point guard like Jamal Murray. Murray plays great defense, and does all the little things, plus has an elite shot.

MPJ is that guy that can flex between SF/PF and looked like he would turn the corner to be a great, but I don't think he has the drive. Great shooter, does lots of little things. We don't really have anyone like this. Doesn't seem like Keldon will develop past what he is.

KCP and Bruce Brown (now in Toronto) are those glue guy role players that we don't have anything like. Both are D&3 guys, but Brown can really line up anywhere but center and be productive.

But Denver doesn't really have anyone analogous to Devin Vassell. Devin is a pretty elite guy slashing to the time He's hitting 38% from three the past two seasons and is putting up 4 assists per game. I could see him being better than MPJ if he can pick up his defense. We just need a big guy like MPJ for defense.

-----------

Need the PG
Need a couple D&3 guys (Give me two of Caruso, KCP, and Grayson Allen, though would prefer someone with more length)
Need an upgrade at SF that can shoot.
One of the players we add needs to be a legit at least borderline star that can create plays and easier shots for other people.
superunknown
AG

Guitarsoup
AG
Wemby's last two games against OKC:

18-35 from FG
5-10 from 3
11 of 13 from FT
29 mpg
26 ppg
12.5 rpg
5.5 apg
4.5 bpg
1.5 spg
2.5 TO/game
2 fouls per game
Guitarsoup
AG

It's over. The man is hitting 41% of his pull up threes, has Duncan's moves on the block, and leads the league in Stocks.

Average Joe
AG
I really wonder if this is what it was like watching Wilt play.
FTAG 2000
AG
Guitarsoup said:

It's over. The man is hitting 41% of his pull up threes, has Duncan's moves on the block, and leads the league in Stocks.

Love seeing the Admiral with the **** eating grin.
DTP02
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

Amazing stat line. Not just a statistical anomaly, but a statistical representation of how gifted this kid is in so many different areas.
FTAG 2000
AG
He's going to get a quadruple double, or a couple, before all is said and done.

Actually think he can be the first nba player to rack a quintuple double.
Guitarsoup
AG
FTAG 2000 said:

He could be the first player to lead the league in three categories in a single season.

Only Kareem and Robinson gave led the league in three of five categories.
DTP02
AG
Guitarsoup said:

FTAG 2000 said:

He could be the first player to lead the league in three categories in a single season.

Has anyone given you crap yet about wanting Scoot instead?

If not, let me be the first.
Guitarsoup
AG
DTP02 said:

Guitarsoup said:

FTAG 2000 said:

Has anyone given you crap yet about wanting Scoot instead?

If not, let me be the first.

I wanted Scoot AND Wemby. Still do.

I was more concerned about his long term health considering his back problem and stress fracture in his shin, but I'm less concerned with that now seeing his work to strengthen his joints and that he is intentionally not adding muscle to lower the impact on his body.
First Page Last Page
Page 59 of 103

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.