***********2023-2024 San Antonio Spurs Thread********************

197,492 Views | 3603 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by Ag Natural
FTAG 2000
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Soup, I worry about your fascination with Grayson Allen.

There's a reason he's on his fourth team in six years in the league. We can do better.
Enzo The Baker
AG
I'll take a 50/48/89 shooting split.
Guitarsoup
AG
FTAG 2000 said:

Soup, I worry about your fascination with Grayson Allen.

There's a reason he's on his fourth team in six years in the league. We can do better.
He is a D&3 player that will cost the exception or less. I would prefer KCP, but I think Denver keeps him.

I don't particularly love Grayson Allen, but he's hitting 48% of his threes and plays solid defense.

We need role players that play perimeter defense and are great 3pt shooters. He ticks boxes we need ticked.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Woj:
Quote:

The San Antonio Spurs would like to take it slow and end up with a high draft pick in 2024 and 2025, but Victor Wembanyama's recent level of play has had front office executives wondering if they should "rush" the process and get him help now.

So our front office is basically a spurs basketball forum.

Guitarsoup
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

Woj:
Quote:

The San Antonio Spurs would like to take it slow and end up with a high draft pick in 2024 and 2025, but Victor Wembanyama's recent level of play has had front office executives wondering if they should "rush" the process and get him help now.

So our front office is basically a spurs basketball forum.

I think it comes down to this:

If Atlanta will give us Trae Young for 65 cents on the dollar just to get their picks back so they can tank, we do the deal. If they don't they are going to have to do something like CJ McCollum, the Lakers pick, and some future NOLA/Milwaukee picks and Atlanta is going to have a 1-8 pick for the next three years.

Otherwise, we make two high draft picks in 2024, add an experienced role player, and spend next year giving reps to Wemby, Sochan, Tre, Devin, Pick 1, and Pick 2. Then we go into the elite 2025 draft with the Atlanta, Chicago, SAS, and Charlotte picks and we go into the 2025 trade deadline with all the assets in the world and flexible pieces like Keldon and Zach that are easy to trade (despite Zach not knowing how to play basketball at a professional level.)

If we can get KCP, I think he would be a solid pickup. I still like Bruce Brown, but don't want to give Toronto any assets. I also really like the idea of Kyle Anderson. I could see a big starting front court of Wemby, Slomo, Sochan of even playing SloMo with Wemby and having a fun and gun second unit to come in and wear teams down with Keldon and Sochan. Ideally that big front court has two guards that knock down catch and shoot threes at a high rate (Reed Shepherd and Devin maybe?)

I don't think the Spurs are going to empty their assets for a guy just to try to start competing in 2025, but if they are given an elite PG like Trae Young, you can't say no to that, because you have the big discount there with Atlanta's picks.

If we get Atlanta to give us Trae cheap, that changes everything. If not, I think our team will likely be something like:

Wemby/Collins/Barlow/Bassey
SloMo/Sochan
Risacher or Cody Williams/Keldon/Julian
Vassell/Wesley/Branham
Tre Jones/Reed Shepherd
LawHall88
AG
West Texan
AG
Enzo The Baker
AG
Barnes fractured his hand. The Raptors could go into complete tank mode now. Looks like a probable 6-8th worst record. Don't see them getting down to the bottom 5.
Guitarsoup
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

Barnes fractured his hand. The Raptors could go into complete tank mode now. Looks like a probable 6-8th worst record. Don't see them getting down to the bottom 5.

I would bet they still want the pick to convert this year unless it is top couple because the class is worse.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Enzo The Baker said:

I would bet they still want the pick to convert this year unless it is top couple because the class is worse.

I agree. I think it helps the Spurs. Maximizes their pick this year or gives them a chance to get better players in 25 or 26. There's no way the Raps try to bottom out the next two seasons with the moves they made + a top 6 pick from 24.

And if they do, they really muffed that OG trade and waste the early prime of their all star.
Guitarsoup
AG
From r/nbaspurs

Wemby first 27 games:
18.8p
10.4r
3.0a
3.2b
1.3s
44/28/79 shooting

Wemby last 27 games:
22.7p
10.0r
3.8a
3.2b
1.3s
49/37/83 shooting

In the second half of Vics season so far(last 27 games)

Hook Shots: 10/28 35%

Tip Shots: 8/23 34%

Fadeaway: 8/20 40%

Bank Shots: 8/17 47%

Layups: 48/92 52%

Alley Oop: 33/41 80%

Jumpshots (total): 84/234 36%

Step-back Jump Shot: 15/27 56%

Most assist to Vic in this time frame:

Tre Jones 51

Devin Vassell 47

Jeremy Sochan 25
Guitarsoup
AG
Hilarious. DJM got a technical for NOT talking back. Tony Brothers is such a little man.

Average Joe
AG
Those are some Timmy/Crawford vibes.
Guitarsoup
AG
Average Joe said:

Those are some Timmy/Crawford vibes.
Yep. NBA removed the tech.

Brothers should be suspended.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Poeltl just dislocated his finger. Maybe Toronto will fall more than we think.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Victor is so good. My god. Literally can do everything.
Average Joe
AG
This might be the best team D all season.
Guitarsoup
AG

Those freak arms.
Guitarsoup
AG

How many seasons before players realize they can't possibly muscle Wemby far enough away to get enough space to not get their **** packed?

Then elite pass, great pass, easy bucket.
Guitarsoup
AG

Really been loving me some Blake lately.
West Texan
AG
Two in a row against legit teams.
Guitarsoup
AG
Ignite is likely to take him with their first pick
Enzo The Baker
AG
My favorite thing about tonight was Victor going to the line in crunch time. That's two games we've closed well. Starting to find a little bit of groove. I think it's likely we won't be bottom 3 after all.
Guitarsoup
AG
Spurs WIN!

33 assists for the Spurs, all starters with at least 4 assists, but no one had more than Wemby's 6 assists.

Wemby:
31p
12r
6a
6b
1s
11-17 fg
3-4 3pt
6-7 ft
Enzo The Baker
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Spurs WIN!

33 assists for the Spurs, all starters with at least 4 assists, but no one had more than Wemby's 6 assists.

Wemby:
31p
12r
6a
6b
1s
11-17 fg
3-4 3pt
6-7 ft

Vic better get an all defensive team. Dude is getting better every night. I've never seen anything like this.
Guitarsoup
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

Guitarsoup said:

Spurs WIN!

Wemby:
31p
12r
6a
6b
1s
11-17 fg
3-4 3pt
6-7 ft

Vic better get an all defensive team. Dude is getting better every night. I've never seen anything like this.
Last 8 games:

* 30.1 MPG
* 23.4 PPG
* 10.8 RPG
* 4.9 APG
* 4.8 BPG
* 2.3 SPG
* .481 FG%
* .404 3FG%
* .844 FT%
Guitarsoup
AG
List of Rookies to put up a 30p 10r 5a 5b game:

• David Robinson
  • David Robinson
  • Tim Duncan
  • Victor Wembanyama
AA
AG
Their record is going to cost Wemby a DPOY. Regardless, there is no doubt in my mind he is the best defensive player in the league
Ag Natural
AG
Sneaky detail not being talked about. Sochan has proven to be the Spurs most elite man defender. He did a really good job on SGA and JDub in the OKC game. And then Pop tapped him to guard O'Connell finally at the end of the Indy game. He's a legit defender and should be part of any future plans for this franchise.
Ag Natural
AG
Guitarsoup said:

• David Robinson
  • David Robinson
  • Tim Duncan
  • Victor Wembanyama

I'm starting to think David is the most underappreciated superstar of the modern era.
Guitarsoup
AG
Ag Natural said:

Guitarsoup said:

• David Robinson
  • David Robinson
  • Tim Duncan
  • Victor Wembanyama

I'm starting to think David is the most underappreciated superstar of the modern era.
I think he is by far the most underrated superstar of all time and it isn't even close.

Seven seasons before his injuries, including his rookie year.

Top 3 in MVP: 5 of 7 seasons
All-NBA 7 of 7 seasons
All-Defense 7 of 7 seasons
MVP
Rebound title
Block title
DPOY
ROY

26ppg
12rpg (played two years with Rodman)
3apg
3.6bpg
1.7spg
53% FG
75% FT

And he did all this during the era of centers. Hakeem, Ewing, Mutumbo, Zo, Shaq, etc.

The fact that he won all those games with JAGs like Vinny, Avery, Willie, Lloyd Daniels, Antoine Carr, etc playing major roles in the rotation shows how great Robinson was.
TheNotoriousP.I.P.
AG
Came out the gates BLAZING too. 24/12/2 with 5.6 stocks in his rookie year. Granted Cummings, Sean, and Cheeks/Strickland had a lot to do with the improvement as well, but DRob was still the main reason a team jumped from 21 wins (and zero winning seasons post-Gervin) to 56, and went to 7 games in the second round as a rookie. For me he's up there in that Moses Malone "wait why don't we talk about this guy more" sphere.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Per JJ's podcast, Victor Wembanyama has the most points per minute for a rookie since Michael Jordan.
MookieBlaylock
AG
But does he have most points per inches?
Enzo The Baker
AG
Unfortunately one of the few categories he's at the bottom of historically.
First Page Last Page
Page 60 of 103

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.