***********2023-2024 San Antonio Spurs Thread********************

198,882 Views | 3628 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Guitarsoup
Guitarsoup
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm in
Enzo The Baker
AG
Guitarsoup said:

I'm in

We're gonna need post Topic injury mocks from all these outlets now.
Guitarsoup
AG
Let me have this
jteagle
AG
There are several things concerning about Topic's injury. It is that it was the second one this year. We all know that some players are injury prone. Also, even if he comes back, how much does it set him back? He needs development and he's missing it at a critical time. And last, he could come back from it, but will he be the same? I'm sure every team is going to have their experts looking at it.
Enzo The Baker
AG
jteagle said:

There are several things concerning about Topic's injury. It is that it was the second one this year. We all know that some players are injury prone. Also, even if he comes back, how much does it set him back? He needs development and he's missing it at a critical time. And last, he could come back from it, but will he be the same? I'm sure every team is going to have their experts looking at it.

We have to see what the injury is but my guess is if he stays in the draft, I don't think he will be taken until late in the first at the earliest.

With his first injury in January, he was only supposed to be out 4-6 weeks and it ended up being 3+ months. Already red flags. He's only 18 and he reinjured the same knee in a worse way. I think it scares off all the lottery teams at the very least.

Edit: For example, look at MPJ. That dude was an elite player, likely a top 5 pick in a strong draft but due to injury concerns, slipped to 14. Topic is no where near that level and this draft has 0 tier one guys.

Spurs shouldn't consider him with either of their picks or at all really. 48th pick, maybe.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Well looks like it's just a sprain for Topic. I still think this hurts his draft stock but not early as bad obviously.

From real GM.

Quote:

Nikola Topic, a potential top-five pick in the 2024 NBA Draft, suffered a left knee injury on Monday. Topic was injured on a non-contact play after an awkward landing following making a pass. An MRI showed Topic suffered a sprained knee.

Topic is expected to miss the remainder of the ABA Finals due to the injury. Topic is expected to be a full participant in workouts in June, ahead of the draft.

Edit: I don't think Washington would take him now. Perhaps one of the 5-7 team would roll the dice. I think that would be a great outcome for the Spurs if he stays in the top 8. Gives them a better shot at getting their 2nd guy.
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
Guitarsoup said:

I'm in

I like this for the Spurs, but as previously mentioned, would love to see a post-Topic injury mock. Also, I just don't see Dillingham fall to 10. He's scrawny as ****, I get it, and I'm not a fan of his fit with the Spurs , but he's too good offensively to nearly fall out of the lottery.
Guitarsoup
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

Well looks like it's just a sprain for Topic. I still think this hurts his draft stock but not early as bad obviously.

From real GM.

Quote:

Nikola Topic, a potential top-five pick in the 2024 NBA Draft, suffered a left knee injury on Monday. Topic was injured on a non-contact play after an awkward landing following making a pass. An MRI showed Topic suffered a sprained knee.

Topic is expected to miss the remainder of the ABA Finals due to the injury. Topic is expected to be a full participant in workouts in June, ahead of the draft.

Edit: I don't think Washington would take him now. Perhaps one of the 5-7 team would roll the dice. I think that would be a great outcome for the Spurs if he stays in the top 8. Gives them a better shot at getting their 2nd guy.

Looking at 5-7, topic makes no sense for any of them.

Detroit has Cade
Charlotte has LaMelo
Portland has Scoot, Simon's, Brogdon, etc

Washington goes either Topic or Clingan. If they take Clingan, Topic falls hard
jteagle
AG
Have a feeling some team that doesn't need help right away might take chance on him later in the first.
It does suck for the kid. With this latest injury, he doesn't get to work out with teams and they don't have much post injury film.
Enzo The Baker
AG
I can't remember if this was shared here so sorry if already posted. But this is a nice video that covers Knecht's rise from high school/JuCo to Sec player of the year (very Derrick White-esque path). He crushed the drills yesterday and I don't think he has necessarily hit his ceiling.

HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

I can't remember if this was shared here so sorry if already posted. But this is a nice video that covers Knecht's rise from high school/JuCo to Sec player of the year (very Derrick White-esque path). He crushed the drills yesterday and I don't think he has necessarily hit his ceiling.

I like his game a lot. Another mock from the No Ceilings podcast had us taking him at 8 and Risacher at 4. I think it was posted prior to Topic getting hurt again bc they had him going 2. Either way, I'd be very ok with that if it pans out that way. They had Castle sliding to 6.
Earth Rider
AG
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia said:

Enzo The Baker said:

I like his game a lot. Another mock from the No Ceilings podcast had us taking him at 8 and Risacher at 4. I think it was posted prior to Topic getting hurt again bc they had him going 2. Either way, I'd be very ok with that if it pans out that way. They had Castle sliding to 6.
He is more proven that others. But I don't think he will be a starter. He's not long enough to be a 3, and not quick enough to be a 2. I wouldn't be disappointed if we took him at 8, I think there are going to be a lot of busts in this draft, and at least he will play.

But I'd trade 4 and 8 to get Rissacher at 2 if that is possible. I'd like to see the Spurs get Topic or Buzelis if we can't get Risacher.

I would take Knecht over Castle. Castle I don't see as much of an upgrade from where we are.

LawHall88
AG
Enzo The Baker
AG
This doesn't make me feel better about him on that end. Haha
jteagle
AG

Guitarsoup
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

This doesn't make me feel better about him on that end. Haha

If he really focuses and ups his effort, maybe he can be as good as Malaki
jteagle
AG
Just interviewed Carlton Carrington on ESPN 2 at the combine. Seems like a good kid. If the Spurs don't get PG in the first 2 picks, he might be a possibility. Some mocks have him falling into the second round.

Showing the scrimmages. None of the top players are playing.
jteagle
AG
Enzo The Baker
AG
That's more like it.
Guitarsoup
AG

Enzo The Baker
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Alright Texags Spurs thread, we need to ban together and start hitting these Castle supporters hard on Twitter. 'Terrible take. He can't even shoot. In what world is he number 1?' Takes like that.
superunknown
AG
Let's all get blue checks and post C*A*S*T*L*E*I*N*B*I*O
FTAG 2000
AG
LawHall88 said:

So his lack of effort on the defensive end was Cal's fault. What a guy.
Guitarsoup
AG
FTAG 2000 said:

LawHall88 said:

Gonna tell other teams that Castle said all this. RED FLAGS DONT TAKE HIM BEFORE 10TH
FTAG 2000
AG
jteagle said:

Don't eff this up Wright.
Enzo The Baker
AG
FTAG 2000 said:

LawHall88 said:

This is Malakai's exact approach to defense. Swear to God. STAY AWAY.
Guitarsoup
AG
Imagine getting bullied all summer at OTE camp because you showed up at 159, so you go to Kentucky, spend an entire year in their diet, strength, and training program at age 19 and a year later, you have gained 5 lbs.

Then you blame other people for your lack of effort.

Good luck in Detroit, Rob.
West Texan
AG
FTAG 2000 said:

jteagle said:

Don't eff this up Wright.

I know we all like Castle's potential, but let's not act like the Spurs picking someone else would be some colossal miss.
Guitarsoup
AG
Gonna tell my kids this is Brandon Jennings.

Enzo The Baker
AG
Oh man. Poor guy. Klutch needs to spend about 3 hours with this dude before he speaks to the media. 'Rule #1: Honesty is not a virtue.'
Guitarsoup
AG
If he actually understood the defense, he would have given effort.
FTAG 2000
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

Oh man. Poor guy. Klutch needs to spend about 3 hours with this dude before he speaks to the media. 'Rule #1: Honesty is not a virtue.'

Maybe it's a plot to get him to fall to the Lakers for LeBron
Guitarsoup
AG

I would straight up take Devin Carter at 8 over Rob Quittingham.

6'2.25 barefoot (so 6'4 in shoes)
193lbs
6'9 wingspan
42" vertical
Fastest 3/4 court sprint in combine history
Enzo The Baker
AG
Guitarsoup said:

I would straight up take Devin Carter at 8 over Rob Quittingham.

6'2.25 barefoot (so 6'4 in shoes)
193lbs
6'9 wingspan
42" vertical
Fastest 3/4 court sprint in combine history

Wow. That dude is gonna shoot up into the lottery for sure.
Guitarsoup
AG
Bronny:

6'1.5" barefoot so 6'3 with shoes
6'7.25" wingspan
210 lbs
40.5" vertical
2nd place after Karaban in on the move shooting with 76%. Knecht and Castle at 72% and Reed at 60%.
First Page Last Page
Page 93 of 104

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.