***********2023-2024 San Antonio Spurs Thread********************

197,186 Views | 3600 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Enzo The Baker
Enzo The Baker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Enzo The Baker said:

Also, I wonder if his hands are too big to become a consistent shooter.

Kawhi has done well

I thought of this as well but it looks like it's going off of his palm. High 70s FT% is encouraging though.
Ag Natural
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

Ag Natural said:

Enzo The Baker said:

I forget that Victor is only 19. I think yesterday was his worst game by far. He really struggled to make reads and decisions on both sides. As skilled as he is, it's going to take him a long time to figure it out.
He's going to struggle against teams like the Clippers. They have big, strong experienced guys to push him around.

For sure. But it was beyond physicality to me. Obviously the Clippers defense was 100% focused on stopping Victor but just some of his decisions on offense, like missing wide open lanes to drive and settling for fading jumpers over guards, and on defense like biting on pump fakes and sinking in when he shouldn't. Those kinds of things that he will get better at over time.
Yeah it's growing more and more apparent that he has a lot to learn. He's physically gifted and he a pretty high IQ for his age. But he's so young he hasn't quite grasped how dominant he could be even now. He allows himself to get walled off by much smaller players really easily. As soon as he learns that he'll get calls if he's more aggressive then this will really start to click.
All I do is Nguyen
So it seems that we will have temper our expectations for this season. I saw us as an almost .500 squad but we're not there yet
MookieBlaylock
AG
we play a Wish dennis rodman at Point Guard- 20 wins will be an achievement -
Guitarsoup
AG
Old Army Metal
AG
LOL they didn't address ****
Old Army Metal
AG
Oh wow Pop admonishing the crowd for booing kawhi.
LawHall88
AG
I like Pop, but this was stupid.
West Texan
AG
Showed some grit and got a 17 point deficit down to 6 at the half. Now we need to not have a third quarter let down.
MookieBlaylock
AG

He gotta go
Sports-Ag
AG
It's annoying when the fans boo every time Kawhi touches the ball. Get over it. It makes you look petty.

On the other hand, not sure why Pop did that. Say that in the post game conference.
Old Army Metal
AG
Look, this game is first and foremost an entertainment product. We ain't here to get fresh air and exercise.

Coach Pop, I love you dearly but the product you've put on the floor is just pure ass. It's a flaming garbage barge. It's not entertaining, it's giving me buyer's remorse about my NBA league pass.

Fans want to react to things, positive it negative. Give them something positive to react to.
Aggie Bus Operator
BOOOOOOOOO
Sports-Ag
AG
I didn't mind the boos when he came back after he left the Spurs, I expected it but it's been 5 years. Kawhi averages 25 points against the Spurs. The current most out of active players. I'm not saying don't boo him at the free throw line, boo every opponent at the line. Doesn't seem the boos are working but only fuels him when he plays in SA.

Spurs desperately needs a point guard or a veteran on this team. Wemby needs to be in the paint or get the ball while posting up. I don't like he gets the ball at the 3 point line then tries to post inside or rushes the 3 point shot.
Ag Natural
AG
I love Pop. But Kawhi is a punk and he'll never be welcome in San Antonio. He bailed on this team in the most wussified way possible. The guy is complete trash as far as I'm concerned. However, I obviously don't know Kawhi personally. Pop does, so I get his viewpoint.

That being said, unless Kawhi actually shares his opinion publicly we will have to go with what his actions tell us. He is a disloyal punk and deserves to be booed.

Obi Wan Ginobili
**** Kawhi. Boo him for eternity.

Pop did sound like a ridiculous old man though. We get it Pop, it's easy for you to be forgiving when you have 5 rings and tens of millions in the bank. We fans don't. **** Kawhi.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Great point
Chipotlemonger
AG
Ag Natural said:

I love Pop. But Kawhi is a punk and he'll never be welcome in San Antonio. He bailed on this team in the most wussified way possible. The guy is complete trash as far as I'm concerned. However, I obviously don't know Kawhi personally. Pop does, so I get his viewpoint.

That being said, unless Kawhi actually shares his opinion publicly we will have to go with what his actions tell us. He is a disloyal punk and deserves to be booed.

This is well said! Agreed. Fans have every right to boo in this instance. What Kawhi did to the Spurs in his final stretch here was a straight up fleecing.
FTAG 2000
AG
LawHall88 said:

I like Pop, but this was stupid.

That guy (pop) is such a beta *****. Someone send the old codger out to pasture.
FTAG 2000
AG
Obi Wan Ginobili said:

**** Kawhi. Boo him for eternity.

Pop did sound like a ridiculous old man though. We get it Pop, it's easy for you to be forgiving when you have 5 rings and tens of millions in the bank. We fans don't. **** Kawhi.

Chef's kiss.
LCE
AG
Pop complains about Alamo Heights giving time off for Columbus Day. He is soft. Wants fans to cheer when Kwahi roasts us? Pathetic
FTAG 2000
AG
Fans have been booing opposing players since the beginning of time. In every time. If you are asking your fans not to do it you have no business in sports anymore.

Or China bought your ass.

Either way, highway six is that way.
BudFox7
Pop is everything wrong with entertainment figures.
Mike Elko
AG
Happy Thanksgiving to Spurs everywhere... Minus Pop. Adios, mofo.
Harry Dunne
Normally wouldn't post on another teams thread, but wanted to say that I have always been a big Pop fan. Im sad to see his career end like this - he needs to retire and Kawhi deserves some booing, but how can you not love a coach who has his guy's back like that?
Chipotlemonger
AG
Kawhi isn't his guy anymore. The fact that he is standing up for a guy who shafted the whole franchise speaks volumes. Pop's priorities aren't in the right place. Time to move on. I say this as someone who generally likes Pop. Obviously we all appreciate what he has done for the Spurs, but he's out of touch.
bam02
AG
Pop is a self-important condescending *****. **** him.
bam02
AG
He's an embarrassment to himself at this point. This is pathetic beta stuff.
Adios Mofo
Anyone who makes 16 million per year is out of touch with the people who pay their salary.
Cappo
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

Kawhi isn't his guy anymore. The fact that he is standing up for a guy who shafted the whole franchise speaks volumes. Pop's priorities aren't in the right place. Time to move on. I say this as someone who generally likes Pop. Obviously we all appreciate what he has done for the Spurs, but he's out of touch.
yeah thinking maybe it's time for him to retire even though he's been fantastic forever
Ag Natural
AG
Cappo said:

Chipotlemonger said:

yeah thinking maybe it's time for him to retire even though he's been fantastic forever

He's still a great coach and mentor to young players. He's definitely out of touch with fans. But who cares? His main job is to teach these guys how to play basketball.
Ag Natural
AG
BTW, I just watched Pops presser. He basically said Kawhi seems to play better when he gets booed. The stats will tell you that's true. He kills the Spurs. Maybe if we all cheer for him he'll start missing shots
Chipotlemonger
AG
Cappo said:

Chipotlemonger said:

This seems like sarcasm I'm guessing. Anyways, he hasn't been "fantastic" forever. We've had some rough few years as of late.
Enginerd00
It's been 9 years since the last championship. Could have fired at least two coaches in that time. Pop needs to go.
Cappo
AG
I guess I wouldn't be bummed if he was let go. Was great for a long time for real but may be time for a change
First Page Last Page
Page 28 of 103

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.