***********2023-2024 San Antonio Spurs Thread********************

187,702 Views | 3419 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by Guitarsoup
Guitarsoup
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Imagine if Sidy Cissoko develops a 3pt shot, too.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Imagine if Sidy Cissoko develops a 3pt shot, too.

Exactly. If he does, he cracks the rotation.
Guitarsoup
AG
So even if we had to include another pick or two or another swap or two to get those two things done, that is worth it, but I don't think you can make the deal for Trae without adding someone like Herb.
Ag Natural
AG
why is everyone so anxious to trade Keldon? I love that guy.
superunknown
AG
I love him too but Trae/Herb are significant upgrades to the team and im not sure KJ is a starter on a championship level team
Enzo The Baker
AG
Yea trading KJ is one of those crappy decisions we have to make to improve via a trade like that. And that's being optimistic. Realistically, I think it would have to be Sochan or Vassell. And at this point, I'd lean towards keeping Sochan.
Guitarsoup
AG
Picks are probably more valuable than KJ or DV. I don't WANT to trade Keldon, but I would rather trade him than DV or Sochan. Ultimately this improves the team a great deal, so you do it, even if you lose a guy you like.

They would probably want to tie Hunter into any trade with Trae. 4y90M ~15% of cap for Hunter. Woof.

So you could do Herbert+Hunter+Trae to SA
Cedi, Graham, Wesley, Keldon to ATL
Toronto Pick, three ATL Picks to ATL
Doug+Branham to NOLA
Chicago Pick or 25 Spurs pick and Charlotte pick to NOLA

Works financially. ATL gets their picks back plus another pick, a young guy with a good contract, and a promising young PG. ATL clears 35MM on next year's cap.

NOLA gets a promising young player on a contract and two firsts or a first and two seconds. Can add seconds to it a well.

Collins can't be traded until after the Finals and any trade with Devin is tricky because of the extension.
West Texan
AG
We're getting absolutely destroyed on the offensive glass, even with Embiid on the bench.
superunknown
AG
Philly's city edition unis are pretty good.
LawHall88
AG
Embiid is just wrecking Wemby, and everyone else.
superunknown
AG
Held Embiid to 70, so that's something.
Guitarsoup
AG
superunknown said:

Held Embiid to 70, so that's something.

He's no Robinson
West Texan
AG
Spurs really played pretty well and fought hard. But man, we had no answer at all for Embiid. Incredible game game from and my hat's off to him. Wemby had a really good game, but obviously very overshadowed. I really like the defense that Blake Wesley played on Maxey. He's played his way into the rotation, and I respect the hell out of that. Hopefully Jones isn't seriously injured after going down with an ankle injury.
superunknown
AG
Yeah i hope it's a lot better than it looked at first because dang, I don't know if yall noticed but we are a little thin at PG.
Guitarsoup
AG
Chet would have given up 150
LawHall88
AG
KAT has 60 with 7 minutes to go for the T-Wolves against the Hornets, but the game is competitive so they can't just feed him the ball to pad his stats.
Enzo The Baker
AG
0 minutes for Branham. Hooray.

Tre looks like he will be out next game at least. More Branham. Booo.
LawHall88
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

Tre looks like he will be out next game at least. More Branham. Booo.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Great news. Will still be surprised if he plays next game.
Guitarsoup
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

I'm guessing BW saw my posts and told him to pack his bags for NOLA
superunknown
AG
Guitarsoup
AG
Charlotte back to tank mode by trading Rozier for Kyle Lowry and a first, plan to cut lowry.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Charlotte back to tank mode by trading Rozier for Kyle Lowry and a first, plan to cut lowry.

Toronto lost to a depleted Memphis team and now hold a sole 6th worst record.
Guitarsoup
AG
Enzo The Baker
AG
Sochan has been awesome. Our best player outside of Wemby this month.
Guitarsoup
AG
January shooting split is 46%/40%/84%. 13/6/4/1/1 in 30mpg.
Ag Natural
AG
In that Wizards game Sochan was +27 and we won by four.
Enzo The Baker
AG
It's funny to see both DeJounte and DLo play so well during these trade rumors. If Atlanta gets anything more than a 1st rounder and a swap I'll be very surprised (unless it's two heavily protected firsts). If I were them I'd just play out the season and make the trade in the offseason.
jteagle
AG
Anybody think Zach Edey would worth a 2nd round pick? Would be nice to have a big body off the bench. We could use depth at the position.
Guitarsoup
AG
jteagle said:

Anybody think Zach Edey would worth a 2nd round pick? Would be nice to have a big body off the bench. We could use depth at the position.

I was thinking if you get Topic with the first pick, Donovan Clingan with the second pick, assuming Toronto doesn't massively tank now
Enzo The Baker
AG
Guitarsoup said:

jteagle said:

I was thinking if you get Topic with the first pick, Donovan Clingan with the second pick, assuming Toronto doesn't massively tank now

If the Toronto pick is 7 or 8, I think we might be able to get Topic there. Assuming the Spurs get a good pick of their own, I think we need to take best player available still, even if it's not a PG.

Edit: Topic has fallen out of the top 10 on a good amount of mocks.
superunknown
AG
For you olds who used to read the newspaper to get your Spurs fix...

Enzo The Baker
AG
Tre not at shoot around this morning. Unlikely he plays tonight. Luckily for the Spurs, they have Blake Wesley.
Guitarsoup
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

Guitarsoup said:

jteagle said:

If the Toronto pick is 7 or 8, I think we might be able to get Topic there. Assuming the Spurs get a good pick of their own, I think we need to take best player available still, even if it's not a PG.

Edit: Topic has fallen out of the top 10 on a good amount of mocks.

Yeah and Collier is out of top ten on some now.

Who knows who will be at the top in June.

Wemby's French teammate Zac Risacher is rising quick. 6'9.5 with 6'11 wingspan SF is shooting .524/.473 in 33 games this year. He turns 19 in April.

Topic is mainly dropping due to injury, not poor play.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Risacher is my first choice because of his shooting, size, age and massive defensive upside.

I like topic but not necessarily as a top 3 pick. We need a PG badly but I don't think we should overreact to getting one in this draft, particularly as it is a weaker draft. Free agency and trade market are always other options, and it might be a better choice to get a veteran.

I also love Sheppard for his two way impact. He'd be a great choice if Toronto's pick goes beyond the 8th pick. We need perimeter defense and shooting just as much as a PG IMO. We can skate by with Trey for now if we get better players on the perimeter.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.