*****Marvels Agents of SHIELD*****

74,024 Views | 769 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Trident 88
R0GUE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
http://www.seattlepi.com/entertainment/tv/tvguide/article/Exclusive-Lucy-Lawless-Heading-to-Agents-of-5636273.php

Lucy Lawless is gonna be in the next season

She would be awesome as Superia.

http://marvel.com/universe/Superia

[This message has been edited by R0GUE (edited 7/21/2014 7:18p).]
swimmerbabe11
I am very excited for this.
Dr. Horrible
Gonna need a new thread for this!
redline248
AG
Vision, Modok, namor...I don't know any of those. Would I enjoy this show better if I knew of them before they show up?
Dr. Horrible
Seems like Vision will be some sort of tie in with Avengers. Namor = Aquaman. Not too familiar with Modok. I'm guessing you won't need too much background.
R0GUE
AG
Great episode! Poor Fitz!
Ganondorf
AG
Fitz
CGSC Lobotomy
Is the German Baron Zemo?
Dr. Horrible
Agent Carter

and Absorbing Man!
R0GUE
AG
The German is a relatively new character created as a Hydra villain in the recent S.H.I.E.L.D. comic. He is called "The Kraken".

http://marvel.wikia.com/Daniel_Whitehall_(Earth-616)
Fightin TX Aggie
AG
Ok. I intentionally avoided this show for years, but now I'm about 1/2 way through season 1.

I'm definitely not sucked in. I started watching because I thought it might add some nuance to the movies, and I am a big fan of the movies.

But holy Odin there are a lot of episodes.

So, here is the question: If I fight through the tv show, will it really add anything to my MCU movie watching experience?
bearamedic99
AG
sadly, no
MooreTrucker
AG
R0GUE said:

The German is a relatively new character created as a Hydra villain in the recent S.H.I.E.L.D. comic. He is called "The Kraken".

http://marvel.wikia.com/Daniel_Whitehall_(Earth-616)
Didn't Daniel Whitehall play a big part in the Agent Carter TV series?
israeliag
AG
I've watched all episodes, and will continue watching the new ones, but I don't think I would recommend anyone pick this show up unless they are absolute Marvel die-hard completists that are OK with there being next to no connective tissue between this and the films.
Fightin TX Aggie
AG
israeliag said:

I've watched all episodes, and will continue watching the new ones, but I don't think I would recommend anyone pick this show up unless they are absolute Marvel die-hard completists that are OK with there being next to no connective tissue between this and the films.
This is what I wanted to know. Thank you. Maybe I will just watch the episodes with Skrull.
MooreTrucker
AG
I honestly didn't know that it was on again.
Squirrel Master
AG
Its not. Sounds like he's watching on whatever streaming platform its on.

I agree with Israeilag's assessment. The show tried to link some of the movie events into its storyline, particularly the fallout from Winter Soldier and Civil War, but ultimately its been on its own almost entirely and with very up and down results. Some storylines are fun and interesting, and some are just so poorly executed.
mm98
AG
It picks up after the half way point in season 1. I found the earlier seasons were better

But as others said it makes some reference but really is independent of the movies.
lne2011
AG
Fightin TX Aggie said:

israeliag said:

This is what I wanted to know. Thank you. Maybe I will just watch the episodes with Skrull.

This show tied in really well with the events that happened in Captain America: Winter Soldier. My advice is to look at the original air dates for the episodes and the premiere date for Winter Soldier. Watch the episodes up to WS, watch WS, then continue watching the show.

I'll look those episodes up if I have time.
lne2011
AG
Captain America: The Winter Soldier happens between episodes 16 and 17. So if you can:

Episode 16 "End of the Beginning"
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Episode 17 "Turn, Turn, Turn"

For me it was cool to see a tie in on the field agent level after TWS.
Fightin TX Aggie
AG
lne2011 said:

Captain America: The Winter Soldier happens between episodes 16 and 17. So if you can:

Episode 16 "End of the Beginnin"
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Episode 17 "Turn, Turn, Turn"

For me it was cool to see a tie in on the field agent level after TWS.
Awesome. Thank you.
bearamedic99
AG
i don't think the Skrull have made an appearance yet though the Kree have
jabberwalkie09
AG
MooreTrucker said:

I honestly didn't know that it was on again.

Doesn't come back until Summer 2019 iirc.
jabberwalkie09
AG
bearamedic99 said:

i don't think the Skrull have made an appearance yet though the Kree have

Knee have been on a few times, mostly during the Inhumans plot heavy seasons (3&4 I think). I think there's been allusions to the Skrull, but no direct mention.
bearamedic99
AG
Weren't the Kree also the baddies in the space season?
jabberwalkie09
AG
bearamedic99 said:

Weren't the Kree also the baddies in the space season?

Yes, which Inhumans were also central to for the first half of the season IIRC. I actually didn't like the first half of season 5. It was a huge departure from what made the series great for me, agents running around on earth in the relative shadows of the Avengers.

Moving them into the far flung future kind of killed that for me personally.
veryfuller
Staff
AG
I don't know that I'd recommend the show, but I've been watching it since the beginning. Every season it feels like the wheels are falling off, then somehow the writers pull it together and the show wraps it all up with a bang. The first half of each season is definitely weaker than the second half of each season, IMO.
jabberwalkie09
AG
I agree with that.
bearamedic99
AG
PS- Love Fitzsimmons and May. Would love if the show pulled a Whedon and killed off Daisy
jabberwalkie09
AG
Well, they renewed the show for season 7 ahead of season six for summer 2019, right? Gives me the impression they're going to move towards wrapping he show up. Hopefully it will end in a similar sort of manner as Joss' other shows even though Jed and his wife have been running things for pretty much the entire time. Though, while I didn't really keep up with how the other shows ended, I'd be OK with whoever survives pretty much riding off into the sunset.

Oh wait, that's pretty much how this season ended. Oh well.
texasaggie04
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

Well, they renewed the show for season 7 ahead of season six for summer 2019, right? Gives me the impression they're going to move towards wrapping he show up. Hopefully it will end in a similar sort of manner as Joss' other shows even though Jed and his wife have been running things for pretty much the entire time. Though, while I didn't really keep up with how the other shows ended, I'd be OK with whoever survives pretty much riding off into the sunset.

Oh wait, that's pretty much how this season ended. Oh well.

That's how I felt about the last season, when they basically went crazy with the cameos during the nightmare scenes. Felt like a nod to the fans to say "thanks for the years."
In the last two seasons alone I remember Ward, Trip, Lash, Reina, Whitehall... probably others too.
redline248
AG
Even if you don't keep watching the whole show, watch the Ghost Rider episodes from a couple seasons ago. I think it was the first 8 eps of that season.
HTownAg
AG
redline248 said:

Even if you don't keep watching the whole show, watch the Ghost Rider episodes from a couple seasons ago. I think it was the first 8 eps of that season.
Agreed
Squirrel Master
AG
Quote:

I don't know that I'd recommend the show, but I've been watching it since the beginning. Every season it feels like the wheels are falling off, then somehow the writers pull it together and the show wraps it all up with a bang. The first half of each season is definitely weaker than the second half of each season, IMO.
The last couple of posts already got to this, but the first half (third?) of season 4 was the ghost rider arc, which was infinitely more entertaining than the second half of season 4, which I've already forgotten the name of the alternate timeline Matrix world that Fitz's robot creation designed. That story arc was hot garbage.
Solo Tetherball Champ
This show is still ongoing?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.