*****Marvels Agents of SHIELD*****

74,033 Views | 769 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Trident 88
Ganondorf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Indeed, Rogue got it right with Abomination.
redline248
AG
I knew it had to be someone or they would have never said a name. I just didn't catch what he said (and wouldn't have known him anyway)
Dro07
AG
pretty good episode. I hate the olympics
BillOnCapitolHill
I guess the demo they are trying to vie for is males 8-35. Males 8-14 typically watch with their families, and if the Olympics are on, that is considered "family programming"
texasaggie04
AG
Just finished the latest episode. I hate how ABC forces me to pick an internet subscriber to watch now. Just makes me have to go find a 'rogue' version somewhere. I'll watch your darn commercials, really!!

Thought the latest episode was really good. Love how they're finally bringing the stories together instead of one random sidequest after another.
texasaggie04
AG
** Warning: Possible very minor future guest star spoilers **

I thought this article was pretty good for clairvoyant speculation.

Possibility one is the Clairvoyant could be somebody inside of SHIELD. I think the possibility of it being somebody inside SHIELD makes sense. They'd obviously know what the team is up to and have all of that background information about them. And it would tie to the "Nick Fury vs SHIELD" premise (about wanting to take down the corrupt organization, which they hinted at a little at the end of the first Avengers movie). One possibility here is that the Clairvoyant is Alexander Pierce, a character in the new Captain America movie.

Second possibility is that it could be Loki, which the article above dives into a bit more.

[This message has been edited by texasaggie04 (edited 2/8/2014 6:54p).]
Ganondorf
AG
Interesting thoughts. The inside information could be from another Shield agent having the eyeball device in their head though.

I'd doubt Loki because they won't have him on the show (too much money for an on/off villain). The best would be a Skrull inside Shield which would set up some great movies.
R0GUE
AG
It would be awesome if Norman Osborne were the clairvoyant because that could set up a whole Thunderbolts/Dark Avengers thing. And of course in the comics Victoria Hand was originally an Osborne spy. But sadly I'm guessing Marvel can't use Osborne with the Spider-Man rights belonging to Sony.

I guess they could substitute in Roxxon or even Kingpin but those guys just don't carry the same cache.
dcaggie04
AG
Sif is coming next week!

[This message has been edited by dcaggie04 (edited 3/4/2014 8:03p).]
R0GUE
AG
Nice stinger! I was wondering if they'd changed Amora into a redhead at first, but it's her younger sister Lorelei instead.
YellowPot_97
AG
what the hell was that thing they were getting the GH drug from?
R0GUE
AG
It kind of reminded me of a frost giant? But too small obviously. Maybe a troll or some other Asgardian creature?

I'd argue it was a mutant, except, you know. The "M" word.
eskimo
I was wondering that too. Maybe a Kree alien?
Yoda
AG
I kind of hated that episode. Are we supposed to be ok with the fact that our "heroes" killed two poor guards that were merely doing their jobs. Is the lesson that saving Skye is worth taking the lives of two innocent men who, oh yeah, are with the good guys too?

Perhaps we are supposed to say, "Well, they warned them they'd defend themselves with force" when they were being fired upon. Bottom line: They knew the guards were told not to let anyone in who could not answer the "Siberia" question. So for following orders, they die.

Another huge issue... the entire place which is so important is only guarded by two men? A place so special that if it were to fall into enemy hands should immediately be blown-up?

I want to like this show, but man are they asking us to overlook a lot.
bearamedic99
AG
Yoda +1. I'm stubbornly trying to figure out what TAHITI or GH (giant hybrid?) could stand for. Before they showed GH, I wondered if the G stood for Gamma and Skye would become She-Hulk, though with a different name. I'm mildly irritated that they did not expose the mystery of Skye any further.
jabberwalkie09
AG
A black site isn't supposed to be known, so it would make sense that security is light when it's not in use.

I enjoyed the episode overall. Bill Paxton showing up was a surprise, but I haven't really been paying attention to anything related to the show.

I think Colson's priorities have shifted since he died, and the circumstances surrounding his death. More towards the team, which has become his family. I get the distinct feeling that with Captain American: TWS coming up, there will be split in SHIELD.
R0GUE
AG
The obvious answer to GH is "Growth Hormone"; normally in Marvel comics that would be "MGH" or "Mutant Growth Hormone" but you know, they can't use mutants.

I don't feel bad for the guards. They were trying to shoot the team, who gave them several opportunities to stand down by telling them what they were there for. Coulson wanted to save the guy who was bleeding out but he was too far gone. If you don't want to be shot at, don't shoot! We're not talking about Captain America here, they are ordinary agents and they have to use ordinary weapons to fight their battles.
bearamedic99
AG
Sure Rogue, especially if that was Logan or Victor Creed laying there (which they can't do).

but TAHITI? The Alien Hidden In The Interior?
texasaggie04
AG
I liked the episode. Looks like next week is going to be a week off from the storyline for a little bit of side questing.
texasaggie04
AG
***** Possible Spoilers / Speculation *****

Couple possibilities, this is the one that I like the best:

1. Clairvoyant is a high ranking SHIELD official.
- This would explain how he/she knows almost everything that has happened except Coulson's reincarnation (since the most recent episode revealed that only Fury seems to know about that)
- It would set up a Fury vs SHIELD storyline, which parallels well with the tension seen at the end of the first Avengers movie

2. The blue thing in the jar is Mahr Vehl
- He is Kree, which would probably tie in well with the new GotG and Avengers 2 stuff coming up
- His name is Geheneris HalaSon Mahr Vehl (GH, like in the tv show)
- Skye's body seemed to accept the serum she was given, which means she might be Kree? I don't know enough about the comics to make sense of this one

Other possibilities include the blue thing being a Frost Giant (ties in with the Thor world which has been quite prevalent). Or it might not even be blue and that's just the color of the liquid in the tube.

***** End spoilers / speculation *****
Yoda
AG
Rogue, I guess I just don't follow how you don't feel bad for the guards. Pretty sure rule #1 for them was, "Nobody gets in without the password. Don't be fooled if the enemy shows up with a believable story. If they are allowed in, they'll have the password. Shoot to kill in all other cases."

Probably a bigger issue that Coulson couldn't get Nick Fury on the phone. Aren't they supposed to be tight. Didn't sound like he couldn't get thru b/c Fury was busy saving the world, more like a "you're not important enough" brush off.
R0GUE
AG
I do get where you are coming from Yoda, but also try to see it from Coulson's perspective:

1. He knows there is medicine there that he needs
2. He also knows that there is tech down there that's more than a bit shady, that was used to royally screw with him
3. He's angry at the procedure that was done to him, and if someone is shooting at him to keep him from not only getting his medicine, but also to guard those dark secrets, he may not want to shoot at them, but he's not turning back around either.
4. He doesn't know anything about this facility and neither do we as viewers. It's officially not a part of SHIELD. For all we know its controlled by Nick Fury all on his own, or some other splinter cell of SHIELD. Maybe its owned by those collective of jerks from the Avengers, the ones that tried to nuke New York. There's no proof yet that Coulson waxed any SHIELD Agents.

I guess I should amend my previous opinion, that I would feel bad for them if it turns out they were just routine guards on assignment. But even if that's true I don't know what Coulson could have done at that point, they were locked in, and if they didn't shoot back not only Skye and himself were going to die but Fitz and Tom PAxton too.
Yoda
AG
I can see your point, Rogue.

On a happier note, I really did enjoy seeing Bill Paxton's character. Kept waiting for them to reveal he was a bad guy, as it seems big name guest starts almost always turn heel, but I thought it was better to see him as an old and apparently loyal buddy to Coulson.
Gradin
AG
I think the thing in the tube is a Kree. Question is still what is Skye's mystery. Also I really hope she does not become Captain Marvel. I want a movie for her.

[This message has been edited by gradin (edited 3/5/2014 7:09a).]
eskimo
Yea, I'm thinking it's Kree as well. Coulson had some of that same stuff given to him right?
R0GUE
AG
The internet seems to agree with you guys that it's a Kree.

Here's a fun fact : Bill Pactons character "Garrett" comes from the comics. He's a character that first showed up in Frank Miller's Elektra: Assassin
bearamedic99
AG
So who is the Asgardian chick we see at the end? I could find her on marvel wiki. Is she different from the Enchantress? I've never heard a name for the Enchantress other than Enchantress but i am not much into Thor.
R0GUE
AG
She is Lorelei, and she's the younger sister of the Enchantress. The Enchantress' real name is Amora.

The only difference between the two of them is Enchantress is more powerful because she knows sorcery on par with Loki, whereas Lorelei only seems to have bothered to learn spells that help her seduce men.
Gradin
AG
Someone also said the blue creature look like Atlanteans maybe too. I still lean Kree.

[This message has been edited by Gradin (edited 3/5/2014 9:58a).]
texasaggie04
AG
So I was doing some Internet surfing last night instead of sleeping.

I read that the Atlanteans (and Namor) are owned by universal. Not sure the validity of that statement.

Other rumors are that Coulson will actually be captain marvel and that Skye will be spider woman.
Issue there is that spider woman is apparently getting a Netflix series, so they would obviously have to cast her for that.
R0GUE
AG
I think you are confusing Jessica Drew (Spider-Woman) with Jessica Jones (Alias/Jewel) who is the one with the Netflix series on the way.
texasaggie04
AG
That is very possible, thanks.
R0GUE
AG
No worries. It's easy to get all these comic book alter ego names confused.
Saxsoon
AG
I seriously doubt they have the rights to Spiderwoman without Spiderman, especially since one of her origins is that she is a clone of Peter Parker

R0GUE
AG
True, but that's "Ultimate" Spider-Woman, which only appears in the Ultimate line of comics. The mainstream version of Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew) has much closer ties to the Avengers than to Spider-Man. She was also an Agent of SHIELD herself. It just all boils down to the legal rights though. I'd be willing to bet Marvel still retains her rights, based on those factors.

[This message has been edited by R0GUE (edited 3/5/2014 3:16p).]

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.