*****Marvels Agents of SHIELD*****

74,036 Views | 769 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Trident 88
Natasha Romanoff
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This show has really picked up. I liked it since the beginning but now I feel it's starting to become really great.

Awesome episode this week. Saw the twist at the end coming and am interested in what happens next.
Ganondorf
AG
Amazing
Saxsoon
AG
Feige's plan is starting to come together and any marvel fan should watch this show especially now
Ganondorf
AG
I can't believe Ward has been killing so many people. Didn't see that coming.
YellowPot_97
AG
Looks like the show has found it flow. Much better than the first few episodes. Gettin' good!
redline248
AG
Am I supposed to hope there is redemption for Ward? I want him to burn.
jabberwalkie09
AG
"I need to confiscate your weapon."-May

"You wanna share the twisted logic that makes you think that's gonna happen?"-Coulson

Pretty good episode for not a lot going on for the team. In other news, Ward is a definitely a bad guy and I think I like the truly revealed dark half of him.
Cibalo
this show is really hitting its stride. There have been 3 movies that flow into this show now and I expect we will continue to see more overlap going forward. This show does a really good job of providing backstory and filling in holes from the movies so you have a greater sense of what is going on the Marvel universe.
Sea Pony 07
AG
I like this version of Ward; he seems a little more comfortable in his own skin. I don't necessarily think that he or his mentor are loyal to Hydra or the ideals behind it, but more that Ward is loyal to his mentor who is using the power base Hydra has given him for his own nefarious plans.

(Edited for clarity and cell phone typing.)

[This message has been edited by sea pony 07 (edited 4/16/2014 10:32a).]
redline248
AG
Paxton certainly doesn't have that zealot feel most Hydra agents do. Maybe it's just his acting style, though.

What was the metal thing on his side? Centipede project?
bearamedic99
AG
Garrett/Paxton is not the Clairvoyant in my opinion. It does not seem to fit. They have done nothing to explain the technology for Centipede, Deathlok, or the fake eyes.
redline248
AG
So you think there's someone else out there pulling the strings?
Cibalo
quote:
Garrett/Paxton is not the Clairvoyant in my opinion. It does not seem to fit. They have done nothing to explain the technology for Centipede, Deathlok, or the fake eyes.

he said he was a few times. only he said he didn't have that ability but just had insider knowledge to make people believe he did.

Now is he the head Hydra person, I don't think so. He still has his orders and I suspect that person is still to be discovered.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
Agree that Paxton isn't really loyal to hydra, but more an opportunist using them for his own ends. I suspect that metal plate was a glimpse of some terminal disease he has, maybe an eventually fatal wound like ironman, and he's using hydra to figure out how coulson came back as a way to preserve his own life. Maybe he even resents shield for the lengths it went to to save coulson when it just gave him a crappy side plate.

[This message has been edited by Aggie_journalist (edited 4/16/2014 4:26p).]
jabberwalkie09
AG
IIRC, wasn't John Garret more of mercenary in the comics?
dcaggie04
AG
Yeah, pretty much. He later joined SHIELD and was badly injured in an explosion by Elektra. SHIELD rescued him and was upgraded to a cybernetic body to save him.
tamusc
AG
HYDRA definitely send like a means to an end for Garrett. I thought the way he dressed down the soldier for doing the Hail HYDRA salute was telling.
redline248
AG
Yep.
Dro07
AG
quote:
IRC, wasn't John Garret more of mercenary in the comics?

Stop talking about the comics!! /TWD thread
redline248
AG
Lol, that also happens in the game of thrones thread
israeliag
AG
Great episode with some great lines. Patton Oswalt was awesome in his role and with his line delivery.

I'm loving the direction that this universe as taken and the show has embraced it perfectly - the baddies are being setup so well and its nice seeing things coming full circle too. I just hope they don't try to redeem Ward at all - his explanation to Flower-Dress and his cold-blooded kills work so well.
Saxsoon
AG
Of course they will redeem him if the fact that he is in love with Skye wasn't enough.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
I think Ward could develop into a great primary antagonist. He would have made a great Deathlock, for example. Or a Marvel version of Resident Evil's Nemesis (A monstrosity obsessed with destroying the team and Skye in particular). His character has far more potential to be developed as a villain than as a redemption story.
Dro07
AG
ya Eff ward he is dead to me. Cant wait till Skye kills him
Stupe
S
I just got caught up on the last three episodes.

I went full blown nerd and actually got angry at Ward.
Quantum ace
AG
And then you went even fuller blown nerd and posted about it on the internet.
Stupe
S
Yep.
redline248
tamusc
AG
Well, my guess is that they will try to go down the redemption path for Ward at some point based on his conversations with Flowers. Unless he was totally playing her as well, I really do think he has some loyalty towards Coulson and the team.
jabberwalkie09
AG
He will probably reach a point that the writers determine as a point he cant go back from and choose to side with the team.... most likely, what will happen.
Ganondorf
AG
quote:
He will probably reach a point that the writers determine as a point he cant go back from and choose to side with the team.... most likely, what will happen.

Agreed though it would be refreshing if he stayed as a villain.
israeliag
AG
It would be refreshing, and even more so it would be completely implausible at this point for him to be redeemed. Dude's been straight capping good guys. The only thing that could make him more gangster at this point would be holding his gun sideways.

Plus, I like villain Ward. Not in the sense that I want to be his buddy, but the actor is pulling it off better - imo - and it's much stronger for the plot.

[This message has been edited by israeliag (edited 4/17/2014 1:44p).]
redline248
AG
I think there is zero chance Coulson ever lets Ward join the team again once he finds out he's bad. He is borderline on May as it is.
texasaggie04
AG
If ward is ever redeemed, I think it will be in dying to save the others.

On another note, I imagine somebody like deathlok has to turn good or something. I feel like the odds are getting stacked since only the baddies have the super powers right now.
Ganondorf
AG
Iirc in the comics and animated versions the various main Deathloks are usually good so I would assume Mike Peterson will eventually gain control. He'll also go solo imo instead of joining the team since he's probably more expensive to do for the show.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.