*****Marvels Agents of SHIELD*****

74,028 Views | 769 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Trident 88
JaxDad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
LMD???
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
LMD???
life model decoy I believe.
tamusc
AG
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_Model_Decoy
tamusc
AG
quote:
Another thing to consider: we know Thanos will be the villain of a future movie, likely Avengers 3, and Thanos is an Eternal. That gives a little more weight to the Celestials/Eternals/Kree/Inhumans being involved in this somehow, IMO.

Good point
toucan82
I would geek out so hard if Lockjaw shows up on the big screen
BillOnCapitolHill
Anyone else felt like they blew a chance to introduce Namor?
R0GUE
AG
How so Bill?

They could always introduce him later, and do an Atlantean storyline. I feel like he's the type of character they'd wait to put in the films though. And he's actually probably tied up with the Fantastic Four licence, come to think of it.
tamusc
AG
Yeah, there was some discussion that the rights to Namor were kind of up in the air.
TexasAggie_02
AG
I just finished the show last night. I started the season 2 weeks ago(had then all on the dvr).

I nearly gave up after the first few episodes, but stuck with it. Man did they kick it into high gear the second half of the season. Loved it, can't wait fir season 2 and agent Carter's show.
BillOnCapitolHill
How so? We have two agents stuck at the bottom of the sea.they could have started to black out and see some silhouette approaching their box, they could have had them mysterious show up on shore saying WTF how did we get out of the box, then finding it later ripped open.
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
How so? We have two agents stuck at the bottom of the sea.they could have started to black out and see some silhouette approaching their box, they could have had them mysterious show up on shore saying WTF how did we get out of the box, then finding it later ripped open.

Bc seeing Samuel l Jackson as you black out is much cooler.
Cibalo
^^^^^^^THIS
91_Aggie
AG
Ugh, Namor/undersea stuff is dumb.
Red Five
AG
Namor got more interesting IMO when he was joined up with the X-men during Utopia and afterwards, but overall he is pretty lame.
Stupe
S
I went full nerd again during this episode. We had it on DVR and my wife had already watched it thinking that I had already seen the finale. She was specifically looking at me during the underwater scene and said "shhhhhh, the kids are asleep" due to this:

A full grown father jumping off of the couch yelling, "NICK FREAKING FURY!?!?!?!?!"

Full
Blown
Nerd

[This message has been edited by Stupe (edited 5/16/2014 11:32a).]
redline248
Ganondorf
AG
Several things about Namor:

He was termed the first mutant as they changed his back story and that's a Fox thing.

He's a bit boring. Utopia helped out and the Illuminati storyline was good but he's essentially an underwater version of other characters who's a dick.

His movie rights are with Universal.
R0GUE
AG
He's a great foil to Black Panther though. And I like his on-again off again thing with both Sue Richards and Emma Frost.
Ganondorf
AG
I agree that he plays off Black Panther but then you'd have to introduce him as well. Unless Universal agrees to share the character we won't see a good adaptation IMO.
Dr. Horrible
quote:
His movie rights are with Universal.
True, but this isn't a movie.

I was actually wanting to bring this up, and seems like now is the perfect time for the discussion. While the movie rights are split, Disney does own all the TV rights for Marvel characters. So in theory, they could cast their own Wolverine into Shield and be perfectly fine from that stand point, as long as they didn't reference the character in the movies. That said, I don't think they'd go that far since they're trying to maintain consistency with the larger MCU.

However, I was starting to wonder if they'll try to use Shield, Agent Carter, and other TV shows they're bringing out to help explain backstories they can't touch in the movies.

For example, they could introduce a young Erik Lehnsherr in Agent Carter to help her battle Hydra, then later on in Shield reference that SW and Quicksilver are his kids, and never infringe on the movie rights. Or they could go slightly simpler and have Skye doing extra background research on the twins in the post Avengers 2 episode and reference that they were born to Erik, and let the Audience put the rest together.

I do wonder if they're at all thinking along these lines...
R0GUE
AG
That would be awesome. I think they have a reluctance to put full fledged superheroes on tv for the first time. But I don't see why they couldn't do younger versions of them ie. before they wore the mask. Logan, as part of the Canadian Special Forces, would also make for a great cameo on Peggy Carter, and then if people like the actor then great, because Hugh Jackman ain't going to be around forever.
swimmerbabe11
FYI the cast will be at Houston Comicapalooza this weekend
Gradin
AG
I will be going to Comicpalooza. Loved it last year. Also Stan Lee was just announced he will be attending too.
tamusc
AG
The tie ins to GotG should be interesting.

Getting excited about that as well with the second full trailer dropping today.

Trailer:
http://youtu.be/5msNnBeeMTQ
And a good breakdown for those unfamiliar with GotG
http://screencrush.com/guardians-of-the-galaxy-trailer-breakdown/
bearamedic99
AG
Was anybody disappointed that Whedon let the whole team live?
tamusc
AG
Not really and we have no idea what state Fitz will return in either.
Ganondorf
AG
What if Fitz becomes Vision?
Red Five
AG
Vision has already been cast in Age of Ultron.
Gradin
AG
What if Fitz eventually becomes MODOK?
Quantum ace
AG
quote:
I was actually wanting to bring this up, and seems like now is the perfect time for the discussion. While the movie rights are split, Disney does own all the TV rights for Marvel characters. So in theory, they could cast their own Wolverine into Shield and be perfectly fine from that stand point, as long as they didn't reference the character in the movies. That said, I don't think they'd go that far since they're trying to maintain consistency with the larger MCU.

I did not know the movie and TV rights were split for some of the Marvel characters. How would something like a Netflix mini-series be classified?

I would think something like a Sherlock style of 3 90 minute episodes would work pretty well for storylines in the Marvel universe.
jabberwalkie09
AG
http://marvel.com/news/tv/2014/5/16/22532/watch_clark_gregg_talk_about_marvels_agents_of_shield_season_2?linkId=8293303

Clarke Gregg talking about his experiences with fans via live tweeting and the show.
Dr. Horrible
Time travel episode... Yes please!
R0GUE
AG
Anyone else catch the Drake shout out?
howitzercannon
swimmerbabe11
http://www.seattlepi.com/entertainment/tv/tvguide/article/Exclusive-Lucy-Lawless-Heading-to-Agents-of-5636273.php

Lucy Lawless is gonna be in the next season

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.