*****Marvels Agents of SHIELD*****

74,013 Views | 769 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Trident 88
Bruce Almighty
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The show won't last. It's decent enough and there's enough Avengers references to keep people going, but how long can that last? Take Marvel out of the title and the few tie ins to the Avengers movie, then its just an average show that gets cancelled after 5 episodes. It will last the first season, but that' it IMO.
MooreTrucker
AG
Finally watched the first two tonight. I liked it. Yeah, the connection to Marvel and the Avengers is tenuous, but it's still entertaining. And the references, like the first 0-8-4 being the hammer, are cool to a kinda fun.
slickag2007
AG
I think it's pretty good. The first 2 episodes were entertaining.
CypressAg13
AG
If you aren't watching, you just missed SHIELD hottie running around in a low cut dress after landing in a pool.

In other words, you are missing incredibly high quality television. ...
wangus12
AG
My roommate walked through the apartment at that moment, stopped walked back in and said, "OK, I'm in"
Ganondorf
AG
Decent episode tonight, nothing spectacular but did use an existing villain and twisted his origin story well.

Not sure what I think about Skye being the 'main' character. On the one hand I don't relate to the character much but on the other there aren't many female protagonists out there.
flintdragon
AG
3rd episode was better.
*spoiler below*

I'm still not quite sure why the "catalyst" was determined to be a human being...
Ganondorf
AG
Flint, my guess is it would disrupt the chemical reaction. And Coulson was improvising and feeling murderous.
wangus12
AG
So multiple times last night they mentioned "muscle memory" to Coulson as well as the asian chick saying, "You died".

Maybe Coulson really is a robot
chipotle
Coulson clone
AgDC
I did like the gag with Coulson's clothes last night. Picking out just the right (identical to all the other) dark suit jacket. And then going in the field with a suit while agent what's his name is all decked out in ninja gear.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
Third episode was a definite step up from the first two. Now that the "we don't work well as a team" crap is out of the way, there's room for more of everything else.

***spoiler***

The rotating room sequence was pretty fun.
YellowPot_97
AG
When the Dr. fell into the reactor, I told my wife "Doesn't he know that's how super villains are created?" Low and behold at the end......
CypressAg13
AG
I am really having a lot of fun with this show.

I started watching because I thought it would be a Joss Whedon show (something has to fill the Firefly/Buffy/Angel sized hole in my heart), but it really hasn't turned out to be.

In the end though, it has enough witty banter, good enough characters, and it's fun enough for me to keep watching.
Stupe
S
quote:
When the Dr. fell into the reactor, I told my wife "Doesn't he know that's how super villains are created?"

Yep.

As soon as he went in I thought "super villain on line one".
The Debt
But what is the motivation of this super-villain? He was ready to give his life to stop "gravitonium" from being misused, now he "goes insane" and abandons his convictions? Really?
redline248
AG
um, revenge? A SHIELD agent just tried to kill him.
The Debt
Why should he care? He was robbed "2 mins" of life.
redline248
AG
He also had his grand plan ruined. He wanted the element destroyed, not kept in some secret shield vault where it could ultimately be used for evil. Now he's going to show them how right he was about that.

[This message has been edited by redline248 (edited 10/9/2013 3:47p).]
Ganondorf
AG
Because that's just what he does.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graviton_(comics)
Aggie_Journalist
AG
I could see him continuing his vigilante campaign against the bad businessman (I forget his name) with attacks that put innocents in peril "for the greater good," forcing shield to constantly fight him.
Ganondorf
AG
That makes sense but with abilities like the ones he's likely to receive then he's heading into superhero villain territory, not Shield. That's the problem at this point with no superheroes on the team.
redline248
AG
It's likely going to be a while before he breaks out of the vault, anyway.

In the preview for next week, does it look like they are going to introduce the decoys?
Ganondorf
AG
I don't think it necessarily means they introduce LMD next week. The 'robot' comment was meant for the operative dude and the controlling of the girl could be something other than robotics.
redline248
AG
I know, but with the speculation about Coulson it seems obvious. What seems obvious in tv usually means another direction entirely, though.
Gradin
AG
I enjoyed this week's episode and the set up for a future villain.

Also, this show has been picked up for a full season today.
texasaggie04
AG
Caught up on the first two episodes tonight. Wasn't too impressed, but honestly the only reason I'm even watching is in hopes that they drop some info so I'm caught up for the movies.

Sounds like the third episode is better though, so I'll keep an eye on it a bit longer to see what happens.
The Debt
Meh again
Ganondorf
AG
I liked the episode. Next week's preview looks good too.
FL_Ag1998
AG
It's nothing earthshattering good, but it's slightly above average and entertaining, and that's pretty much the state of network TV these days. For reality-tv crap go to TLC, Bravo, etc. For average pass-the-time entertainment go to the major networks. For the cream of the crop, intellectually-engaging shows go to the premium channels.

It's a show my wife and I both find entertaining, so I'll keep watching.
Sea Pony 07
AG
Phil annoyed me greatly in this episode and even at the end I didn't give a damn about the victim in this episode. I liked Ward, Agent May and the science twins. Weakest episode thus far for me.
chipotle
Where the hell is aunt robin?
redline248
AG
quote:
Where the hell is aunt robin?

Getting married. Plus if Coulson isn't contacting HQ for missions...

I thought the ep was ok. Certainly useful to set up a bigger villain in the long run, which was important, I think.

I wonder if the preview is an under cover type misdirection?

[This message has been edited by redline248 (edited 10/16/2013 3:13p).]
Dro07
AG
I wonder what bionic eye saw in Colson to ask what they did to him
Saxsoon
AG
I don't think it is anything like the robotic type stuff everyone is talking about. She would have seen that and said something immediately. It is something about his attitude, so he must still be, at least physically, normal.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.