*****Marvels Agents of SHIELD*****

74,031 Views | 769 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Trident 88
R0GUE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ok then. Well I'm really excited for this. Don't click if you don't want to know about this future guest star:

http://www.mercurynews.com/entertainment/ci_24934725/marvels-agents-s-h-i-e-l-d
Gradin
AG
I still enjoy this show. The ratings have slowly been climbing back again
Stupe
S
I don't look at this thread until after I watch an episode so I don't read a spoiler.

But, I don't want to see anything that isn't shown on previews.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
The ratings have slowly been climbing back again

If they continue to have episodes like they have been having, I think the show will be successful. Though dragging out Skye's storyline is getting a little tiresome IMO....
Ganondorf
AG
quote:
Ok then. Well I'm really excited for this. Don't click if you don't want to know about this future guest star:

http://www.mercurynews.com/entertainment/ci_24934725/marvels-agents-s-h-i-e-l-d
Melin88
quote:
Not sure I feel the idea of Skye as an 084.

I'll have to look up what a 084 is. Maybe that will answer my question, but I'll go ahead and ask it anyway:

I assume that Skye has some power that was known from birth. Yet, as far as I can remember, there was no indication that she knew about or had experienced any special powers as a child or young adult. Her interest in Shield was only related to finding out about her past, correct? I have missed parts of episodes, so maybe it's been hinted at, and I missed it.
R0GUE
AG
I think its the first time its been mentioned.
Ganondorf
AG
084 is the code for unknown object, it was the name and topic of the second or third episode.

This is the first mention of a power and the agent they interviewed made it sound like the infant Skye didn't know how or why she was doing whatever she did.

I think Ward at the end was just proud that his first subordinate was actually getting "it" and wanted to be in Shield to help, not spy.
wangus12
AG
Show has been nails since the break.
BillOnCapitolHill
Anyway to watch the s2 premiere?
jabberwalkie09
AG
I think they are on Hulu now.
BillOnCapitolHill
Yeah! Thanks.

"Th Magical Place" is the one I am missing.
Stupe
S
Did they just randomly do a rerun this week?
dcaggie04
AG
They are on a hiatus. They noted it after last weeks episode. New episode on Feb. 4th.
Stupe
S
ok. Thanks.
Saxsoon
AG
They are introducing Dethlok next week. No idea who he is but fans seem pretty excited.
R0GUE
AG
I feel kind of dumb for not making the connection between Michael and Dethlok already. But they threw me off with the whole Centipede thing.
texasaggie04
AG
Just watched the two newest episodes. Definitely the best so far. It's fun to see them introducing real heroes/mutants now, both on the good and bad side.
R0GUE
AG
Too be clear no one they've currently introduced is a true "mutant". They've so far all been genetically altered by science or technology, rather than birth. That's an important distinction in the Marvel world, because if you are a human who gets powers, the public is more likely to trust you. Whereas if you are a mutant, the world at large hates and fears you. That's why the Avengers and Fantastic Four are beloved by the public but the X-Men are seen as dangerous and are mistrusted by the populace.

It seems like the Marvel world established by the movies and Agents of SHIELD exists in a world where the public isn't aware of the existence of mutants yet. I say that because at one point Coulson said in the show that there hasn't been a documented case of a telepath existing. So to this point they obviously have no awareness of the existence of Xavier, Jean Grey, Emma Frost, etc.

Minor Avengers 2 Spoiler below:

********************************************************************************************************
This is all set to change in Avengers 2 though because they are introducing Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch.
********************************************************************************************************

[This message has been edited by TexAgs staff (edited 1/27/2014 9:45a).]
tylhair
AG
Marvel might not have the rights to use the word "mutant." X-Men and all its characters, locations, storylines,etc. are owned by 20th Century Fox.

I expect Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch to have altered origin stories.
R0GUE
AG
Wow didn't realize Fox had a lockdown on the M-word even. Even though First Class was great those rights cannot revert back to Marvel soon enough.

[This message has been edited by R0GUE (edited 1/27/2014 10:03a).]
jabberwalkie09
AG
Wow, tonight had a lot happen. Tonight's episode was pretty awesome.
dcaggie04
AG
1 month until the next new episode. Curse you ABC!
The Debt
redline248
AG
quote:
1 month until the next new episode. Curse you ABC!

For real? That is garbage, especially after an episode like that
dcaggie04
AG
Yeah, it's for real. And truthfully, I'm not suprised. Other networks rarely put new episodes up against Olympic coverage.
BigRobSA
They're worried about THIS Olympics' coverage? The one where tons o' sh/t isn't even finished, journalists are in hotels that make N. Korea's look great, and tons of people can't even get their VISA to attend?

THAT Olympics?

I never watch the Olympics, anyway. Didn't realize that was the reason for the wait. What are the 99.9% of the people of the world that aren't watching Sochi's FAIL go down supposed to watch?

dcaggie04
AG
It's quite amazing. They could have the winter olympics in hell and people would still tune in to watch them.
BillOnCapitolHill
What demos watch shield? Probably the demos that dont give a fcck about figure skating.
Cibalo
Am I the only one that thinks Sky is the Clairvoyant? I don't think she knows it but it is in her subconscience and will come out later. This might be the angle to use with her being an object of unknown origin
redline248
AG
Interesting theory.

By the way, who was Coulson threatening to send Ward to watch in Alaska for night shifts?
R0GUE
AG
Cuz he's boinking May.
BigRobSA
In THAT relationship, I think MAY is boinking him.

redline248
AG
quote:
Cuz he's boinking May.

I didn't ask why, I said who...meaning who is in the cell in Alaska

[This message has been edited by redline248 (edited 2/6/2014 7:01p).]
R0GUE
AG
No one important? I think it's just a threat that he'll be pulled out of field duty and sent to a godforsaken place for the rest of his career. The equivalent of being "sent to Siberia".

EDIT: Ok I could not figure out for the life of me why you were asking "who" but now I get it because I went and re watched the scene. Coulson tells Ward he'll be watching "Blonsky". Did not catch this the first time. Blonsky is Emil Blonsky aka the Abomination.

[This message has been edited by R0GUE (edited 2/6/2014 7:36p).]

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.