*****Marvels Agents of SHIELD*****

74,014 Views | 769 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Trident 88
israeliag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
About the character/development comments - I only half agree. I think the characters have potential for development, but haven't been directed properly or are just poor acting.

The Cavalry is just terrible acting - which is weird since I though the actress did OK in SG-U, might be they just casted the wrong actor - but could have been a compelling story to tell (great field agent despit already having the other field agent dude, PTSD, strong female, Coulsen's lieutenant).

I felt the same with Ward in the first two episodes, but he's been developing into his role (both his character, and the actor) and it'd be nice to see him develop as the prime Coulson protegee (although they seem to be setting Skye as that).

FitzSimmons pair are kinda cliche, but it's nice they broke the "scientist" role into two separate characters. Also am I the only one who thinks the female scientist is hotter than Skye (hard to fully tell though since she's in rags most of the time).

Clearly though Coulson carries this show, and I don't think it would be very bearable with out him involved.
redline248
AG
You are probably the only one that thinks that chick is hotter than sky. But just to be fair, I hope we get a scene with her in her undies
texasaggie04
AG
I agree that without Coulson, I doubt I would watch.

Also, I have trouble understanding FitzSimmons. And I lived in England for a year...
Gradin
AG
Some of the characters have grown some, like Skye and Ward specifically. The Calvary also has grown since the first episode. She has been engaging more with the team slowly and gotten more involved.
Gradin
AG
http://latino-review.com/2013/10/exclusive-saffron-burrows-cast-agent-victoria-hand-marvels-agents-shield/

Also this bit of news
Sex Panther
AG
This show is terrible yet I'm still watching, which I chalk up to the fact that Coulson is so likable, and Skye is so hot.

quote:
Also, I have trouble understanding FitzSimmons.

Cant understand a word that either says.
redline248
AG
Yep, lets bring in a new agent before we develop all the current cast.
BillOnCapitolHill
Showing the pilot tonight? Why?
Ganondorf
AG
Not sure, maybe they want to drum up new interest? Don't want to fight the world series?

Holding out on an episode to coincide with Thor next week?
BillOnCapitolHill
The World Series takes a day off to switch locations back to Boston. No baseball tonight.
Stupe
S
Last nights episode seemed like it had been done before. They are just getting lazy.
MAROON
AG
quote:
Last nights episode seemed like it had been done before. They are just getting lazy.

Nice attempt at sarcasm.

Glad they replayed the pilot as I had not yet watched this series...will give it a shot in the rotation.
Stupe
S
It wasn't a nice attempt at sarcasm. It was a lame attempt at humor.
benMath08
AG
What's everyone's opinion so far? Generally speaking just about the only aspect of the show I like is Coulson. It probably doesn't help that I watch this right after Homeland and Walking Dead, but it just seems like a mediocre-to-poor show.
Ganondorf
AG
I'm in the minority but I like the show.
BillOnCapitolHill
You found a show worse than TWD?!? [/TAs]
GiveEmHellBill
AG
The show needs to quickly introduce us properly to a main bad guy: an "Anti-SHIELD", as it where. This group that has been f-ing with the Extremis project has potential, but they need to just go ahead and officially call themselves A.I.M.

I mean, Iron Man 3 handed this show a company full of brilliant scientists who do nefarious things for money and power. With their leader, Aldrich Killian, dead...they need to bring up a new head honcho who will pick up where Killian left off and start trying to gather together super-powered people to try and create an army.

AIM doesn't even need to be some underground secret society like HYDRA: make them a huge corporation with legitimate business dealings who SHIELD knows is dirty....but just can't nail them for anything. Didn't Fringe have something like this?

This show NEEDS a face of evil with an overarching story. Without it, it'll just be another "super villain of the week" show and I'll tune out.
BillOnCapitolHill
The problem is the villains arent super villains. Just crappy guys taking advantage of others.
redline248
AG
Well, the heroes on the show aren't super heroes, either.
BillOnCapitolHill
quote:
Well, the heroes on the show aren't super heroes, either.
touché
redline248
AG
With the Marvel movies going outer space/supernatural with the bad guys, how could this show tie in a human organization? What I mean is, what can the show do to set up something for a future movie that either the Avengers or one of the super heroes individually has to deal with?
BillOnCapitolHill
That is the question, nothing they have shown has given us anything that is close to danger for America or SHIELD or the Earth,just the fear that it may lead to something bad that we wont show you.

fig96
AG
Most unrealistic character in the show so far: the world's greatest hacker who's built like a male fitness model.

Was waiting to get caught up till I chimed in, but as a whole I'm enjoying the show. It's not stellar but it's good popcorn tv and I enjoy the random Marvel bits.

Agreed that the character development isn't quite there yet, but I feel like there's some more character backstories waiting to be revealed as well. I think the last episode with Scorch pretty clearly alluded to the idea of a larger enemy looming, Whedon shows can sometimes take a bit to get going (i.e. Dollhouse) so I've got high hopes. We'll see...
BillOnCapitolHill
Dollhouse died with 2 seasons.

Maybe his formula isnt perfect.
redline248
AG
Firefly didn't make it one season, and most agree it was his best
BillOnCapitolHill
quote:

And we only got one glance at the "hands of blue" villains that were suppose to be the shows villains.
Ganondorf
AG
I will agree that the main villain needs to be outed soon enough.

Also, the show doesn't need to be dealing with world-ending or earth shattering villains since it has the Avengers and Fantastic 4, etc. They just need the sort of powerful but not super powerful villain that isn't worth the big boys' time.
Ganondorf
AG
quote:
And we only got one glance at the "hands of blue" villains that were suppose to be the shows villains.

One of the biggest annoying things for me was this in Firefly. I know Joss didn't think they'd get cancelled before season 2 but they could have brought these guys up at least twice.
fig96
AG
Judging when a show got cancelled as your basis for success, particularly a show on Fox, is some seriously flawed reasoning.

Dollhouse actually got really interesting towards the end, you could tell they were rushed to fit everything into the last few episodes but the show really started to come into it's own in the second season (and I'd say about halfway through the first it got pretty darn good).
BillOnCapitolHill
If only they fit a Dexter S1 timeline.

Starting out with a WTF occurrence, and dealing with other weird things like Scorch along the way until the hunter becomes the hunted.
BillOnCapitolHill
quote:
One could argue Buffy was his most successful. Seven seasons with a spinoff that has 5 seasons.
tylhair
AG
Firefly and Serenity are legit, but didn't get a chance to really get going.

IMO, Buffy > Firefly
Saxsoon
AG
So an episode airing two weeks after Thor the Dark World will directly tie into the movie in that they will be dealing with the after effects.

From IGN
quote:
The network description reads, "In the aftermath of the events chronicled in the feature film Marvel’s Thor: The Dark World, Coulson and the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. pick up the pieces–one of which threatens to destroy a member of the team.”
redline248
AG
Great, now I'll have to keep these episodes on dvr until I can go watch Thor.
Ganondorf
AG
Good episode, I enjoyed it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.