*****Marvels Agents of SHIELD*****

74,023 Views | 769 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Trident 88
israeliag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
flower-dress showed inklings of doubting her current allegiance.
tamusc
AG
Yeah, maybe she's the one to help free Mike/Deathlok from Garrett's control.
tamusc
AG
quote:
Agree that Paxton isn't really loyal to hydra, but more an opportunist using them for his own ends. I suspect that metal plate was a glimpse of some terminal disease he has, maybe an eventually fatal wound like ironman, and he's using hydra to figure out how coulson came back as a way to preserve his own life. Maybe he even resents shield for the lengths it went to to save coulson when it just gave him a crappy side plate.

I think you're onto something in regards to Garrett's motives, especially when you also consider the projects he had people working on under the guise of the Clairvoyant (centipede aka extremis, Deathlok, and of course searching for the truth behind Coulson's resurrection). All are projects that could cure, or help recover from, just about any injury or disease.

[This message has been edited by tamusc (edited 4/17/2014 10:56p).]
texasaggie04
AG
To that end, none of the bad guys are loyal to hydra.
Flower dress seems to be motivated by the research she can do. Quinn just wants to play with his gravity stuff. Ward is only loyal to Garrett, it appears.
91_Aggie
AG
I thought that Coulson's car could fly.

Why did they trek 7 miles in the snow when they could have piled into his car and been there in about 7 minutes?
redline248
AG
Wrong oil type?
Sea Pony 07
AG
Flowers was a true-believer (she reminds me of the operative from Serenity) who just found out she has been worshiping a false idol. I wouldn't put it past her to do something rash towards Garrett, or try to walk away. Not that Garrett will let anyone walk away.

[This message has been edited by sea pony 07 (edited 4/18/2014 8:56p).]
israeliag
AG
quote:
I thought that Coulson's car could fly.

Why did they trek 7 miles in the snow when they could have piled into his car and been there in about 7 minutes?

I thought that too, but I would suspect that Lola is a bit more conspicuous than hiking. Also, they would have gotten shot out of the sky, so the writers couldn't have gone that route.
91_Aggie
AG
Could have flown 6.5 miles and then walked the last .5 miles
toucan82
maybe colson's car is electric and the range is significantly reduced in cold weather
Aggie_Journalist
AG
Maybe they couldn't fit six people into a two-seat car.

They're not clowns, people.
tamusc
AG
quote:

jabberwalkie09
AG
I enjoyed the episode. Wonder how long Skye is going to play along. I am kinda happy Patton Oswalt's character is done, didn't really enjoy the character.
Ganondorf
AG
I did like the character. Ward is so far gone at this point, it's great.
Saxsoon
AG
Don't really see how he can walk back in with open arms at this point
91_Aggie
AG
quote:

Sorry, if I have the choice between hiking 7 miles in the snow or having to strap myself to the car or sit in the trunk, I think I could handle the discomfort of that for about 7 minutes rather than hiking for 2-3 hours.

Plus, I'd let Simmons sit in my lap.
91_Aggie
AG
Glad they had Skye figure out Ward was bad very quickly... didn't want to have to deal with them dragging that out forever.
inch05
AG
i really liked the ending with May and her mom. Her mom dropping a nugget that she works for a Shield-like agency was pretty interesting...maybe she can unlock some clues to Skye's background, as well.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
I'm guessing the mom is ex Chinese intelligence.

I have a feeling the season ends with Skye's powers unlocking to save the team, and possibly Skye fleeing or disappearing in the process, in a cliffhanger that leaves us wondering what happened through the summer.

Hm, I wonder if they could make her the Phoenix, or if that's an x-men thing they can't touch. I think that kind of story arc would work great for a tv series.
inch05
AG
Yep, Skye having some miracle power and saving Colson/team would be pretty likely, I'm guessing.
Red Five
AG
quote:
Hm, I wonder if they could make her the Phoenix, or if that's an x-men thing they can't touch. I think that kind of story arc would work great for a tv series.
No chance they could use the Phoenix, and I dont think it would be a good choice even if they could.

I think I remember it being talked about in this thread somewhere before, but if they are going to make her into one of Marvel's characters I am hoping for a reworked version of Jessica Drew aka Spider-Woman. Drew's history is heavily influenced by both SHIELD and Hydra, and she's not the kind of character that would ever be featured in a movie, I dont think. She's never had any direct association with Spider-man, so I dont see why Marvel wouldnt be able to use her, but the name and nature of the powers might be too similar so it's possible that they wouldnt want to go that way.
texasaggie04
AG
I also read somewhere that Marvel Girl is a possibility for Skye. Or that Coulson would become Captain Marvel. Or both.

Love how they brought in Coulson's cellist. Nice tie-in to the Avengers movie.

Sounds like a Maria Hill cameo soon too.
Saxsoon
AG
Simmons chose the TARDIS, I am in love
redline248
AG
Simmons is pretty good, but still not on Skye's level for me.

That was a good episode. Glad to see Colbie Smulders (Agent Hill) is going to show up next week.

Ward is gonna have to die.
israeliag
AG
Ward is straight evil and I love it!

Sad to see Patton Oswaltt go though ;/ I loved his dialogues with Coulsen
wangus12
AG
Loved the episode. I really feel for Coulson. It really does seem like he had everything together before New York. I'd be crushed if I had to give up a smoking hot cellist
R0GUE
AG
quote:
I also read somewhere that Marvel Girl is a possibility for Skye.

Marvel Girl = Jean Grey (or later her daughter Rachel Grey). So she won't become her.

I think you mean Ms. Marvel, who currently goes by Captain Marvel.
Dr. Horrible
Loved tonight's episode. This show was definitely worth the wait for it to pick up. They almost lost me after 3 episodes, but now it's a can't miss show for me. Not many of those on the networks anymore...
inch05
AG
Really good ep...guess Ward will turn back.

Maria Hill cameo was solid.
redline248
AG
Regarding Hill saying to Ward she'd tell Romanoff what he said...dear God please let Scarlett make an appearance on this show!

I actually wanted Sky to let Ward die.
aTmLoKi
AG
The show has gotten MUCH better, and I agree that it has become a can't miss show from week to week. That being said, I hope this momentum continues and they are able to keep it up and not just rely on the next Marvel movie to pick up the pace.

Also, the acting has improved dramatically!!
tamusc
AG
Great episode last night!
redline248
AG
I wonder how long they can keep this show going now that SHIELD is kaput. With no jet/resources/friends what will they do after they stop Garrett? Or I suppose the question is how will they continue stopping baddies?
Cibalo
the explination of TAHITI at the end was interesting and we will see how that plays out. I'm almost hoping for a Fight Club style twist where Coulson is Hydra in a split personality and doesn't realize it until he starts digging deeper and capturing some high level Hydra members. Then he goes full psycho turn on everyone and that leads into Avengers 2.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
Any bets on Skye's "surprise" she left on the drive? Since we saw Deathlock plugging himself into it to try and hack it, maybe a virus that will interfere with Hydra's ability to monitor/manipulate him

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.