*****Marvels Agents of SHIELD*****

74,049 Views | 769 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Trident 88
Gradin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Apparently lots of stuff goes down next week's episode.

Their constant breaks is getting annoying.
Dro07
AG
i feel like every show this season/Spring especially has had a weird break in their episodes
Aggie_Journalist
AG
Given how they wrapped some story from the first half of season one around Thor dark world, I wonder if the delays are to make sure their timing around Captain America's release is right.

The constant breaks this spring are annoying, though.
Dro07
AG
AJ yes you are correct there will be a tie in to Cap2 like they did with Thor.... Great now i have to go watch the movie
wangus12
AG
FWIW, Winter Soldier looks badass
R0GUE
AG
Some mild spoilers in this article. But it's an interesting read. And my theory about the blue torso was wrong apparently.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Agents-SHIELD-Blue-Alien-Theory-1079598.aspx
Ganondorf
AG
Solid episode tonight.
R0GUE
AG
**** just got real!
jabberwalkie09
AG
Really good tonight. Really raised the bar with this episode.
jabberwalkie09
AG
I am going to guess that what happened after the "Agents of SHIELD" will return is what Simmons was talking about where a bunch of agents were running around.
texasaggie04
AG
Does anybody know if, for the sake of storyline continuity, I should watch the next Captain America movie before the Shield season finale?
Ganondorf
AG
It's likely they will pull in at least a few episodes worth of tie-ins for Winter Soldier. Not sure you'll miss anything by not seeing the movie first.
Ganondorf
AG
For those of us who read the comics, we know one character already introduced has some shady stuff in their background but do you think they're going that route or setting the readers up?
eskimo
You know, I was kinda disappointed when they first brought out deathlok. Like a weakass kiddie safe version or everybody's favorite cybernetic corpse, but now I think the character is coming along. More cybernetics and skin falling off his face. That shot in infrared was pretty cool.

I'm guessing there will be a tie in to the winter soldier in the finale but surely you can connect the dots later if you can't catch the movie opening weekend.
redline248
AG
What a great episode

As I was watching the car chase scene from Winter Soldier, I was thinking could that be happening, or coming shortly after, the same time as Coulson's jet turned around? They were on the way to meet Fury, after all.

So, I'm not sure what Ganondorf is referring to, but at first I was thinking agent Sitwell was the clairvoyant, but it looks now like it's the woman (hand?)...

I'm going to have to find a way to watch Winter Soldier this weekend
Cibalo
This might of been the best episode so far. They are really starting to tie things together which is nice. The May discovery will be intereting to see how it plays out. It seems they woman agent back at the Hub is the Clairvoyant and they are setting things up for an internal split of SHIELD which I think we will see happen in the Winter Soldier and then the final Agents of SHIELD will pick up on this change. I suspect that Coulson and crew will have to go rouge.

This is all speculation as I haven't read any of the comics.
Ganondorf
AG
quote:
This might of been the best episode so far. They are really starting to tie things together which is nice. The May discovery will be intereting to see how it plays out. It seems they woman agent back at the Hub is the Clairvoyant and they are setting things up for an internal split of SHIELD which I think we will see happen in the Winter Soldier and then the final Agents of SHIELD will pick up on this change. I suspect that Coulson and crew will have to go rouge.

This is all speculation as I haven't read any of the comics.

I hate it when good agents go rouge.
hunter2012
AG
Solid episode, good lead into the Captain America movie... I kind of hope there will be some cross over, or at least a cameo.
texasaggie04
AG
I gathered that may probably works for fury directly. And the lady at the hub is the clairvoyant.
I feel like I need to go back and watch the scene in the basement again. I feel like the person was talking about some other crazy things that I missed.
israeliag
AG
Best episode of the season no doubt.

I was hoping May would end up being a bad guy (I think her acting is terrible and the show would flow better without her) but looks like they are just setting her up to be unsuspectingly aiding the Clairvoyant.

I'm thinking Tripplet is in the Clairvoyant bad-guy team, too, as it was his idea and discussion that put the seed of assassinating the clairvoyant into Ward's mind (inceptioned!).
inch05
AG
I agree about Tripplet
Ganondorf
AG
Tripplet seems bad as well to me.
redline248
AG
Y'all talking about the brutha? Bunch of damn racists
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
I was hoping May would end up being a bad guy (I think her acting is terrible and the show would flow better without her)

May sucks. They try so hard to make her a badass and it just doesn't work... It reminds me of Jack Reacher. If you have to tell the audience every 5 minutes how hard this person is, it defeats the whole purpose and kind of makes it a joke.

[This message has been edited by Sex Panther (edited 4/2/2014 10:34p).]
Ganondorf
AG
I do agree that the May character isn't very good. Her character sucked on Stargate Universe too so it may be the actress.
redline248
AG
Well, that entire show pretty much sucked, so I'll give her a pass for that. I agree they try to hard to make her a badass, though.
wangus12
AG
Certainly try to hard to make her appear like an awesome badass. I'm glad they made that duel-color hair chick the clairvoyent. I didn't like her from the beginning and now she is gonna get JUSTICED by Coulson.
israeliag
AG
They should just focus on Ward being the badass. With his cold-blooded kill of the vegetable he's cemented that status. It's also a bonus that his character (maybe his looks and acting too) lull us to thinking he's a good-ol'-boy, and are then reminded that, oh wait he's a trained assassin.

Also, I'm worried that seeing as how much likeable they are making Bill Paxton's character, he will die soon (was fully expecting him to take a bullet for Coulson this last episode).
Sex Panther
AG
Ward is 10x more badass than May. If they got in a fight, I don't think for a minute she would last 3 seconds.
texasaggie04
AG
Didn't they get into a fight last episode? Though arguably she was attempting to not kill him what with the whole Asgard mind control thing.
Sex Panther
AG
^

Yeah I should've been more clear because that's what I was referring to. They fought and if I remember she kinda won right? (I only watch the show passively for the most part) I just don't buy it, he'd beat the hell out of her from everything I've seen.
R0GUE
AG
Really cannot disagree with you guys more, and am a bit incredulous about it. They've basically presented May as the biggest badass in SHIELD, just something happened that took her out of the field (which we learned was the incident with Skye). So essentially she's an older Black Widow, maybe her skills have dipped a bit with age, but she should be able to mop the floor with the younger, less experienced Ward. To me she's the second best character in the show, only next to Coulson. In fact if there is anyone in the show who bugs me, its Ward. He's reckless, cocky, and how stupid was he for doing what he did in that last episode?

And I seriously can't believe you didn't enjoy that episode? That was by far the best of the season, and they've been getting better and better each week.
Sex Panther
AG
Rogue,

I know that's how she's supposed to come off, but what we're saying is she doesn't succeed in presenting the character that way. I just don't believe she's a badass, and it's kind of funny how they keep hitting you over the head with it.

Ward actually does come off as a badass.

[This message has been edited by Sex Panther (edited 4/3/2014 7:00p).]
R0GUE
AG
Hmmm, not sure what she's supposed to do to "appear" more badass. She lays the smack down on bad guys on a pretty regular basis. Last episode she dove out of the way of a rocket launcher. Is it that she doesn't have as many fight scenes as Ward? I mean it kind of makes sense, Ward's younger he can take the beating. Meanwhile May has the Skye incident where she has told Coulson she'd prefer not to be in the field so why would Coulson force her. I feel like May is sent out to kick ass only when Ward isn't enough by himself, but when she does go out there she's plenty capable.

Edit: http://youtu.be/OF7MVulGtoI
a compilation of Melinda May's highlights. Seems plenty badass to me.

[This message has been edited by R0GUE (edited 4/3/2014 7:25p).]
Hulla Baller
AG
So did anybody else get as excited as I did at the end? I'm pumped for the winter soldier this weekend!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.