*****Marvels Agents of SHIELD*****

74,016 Views | 769 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Trident 88
Red Five
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Any bets on Skye's "surprise" she left on the drive? Since we saw Deathlock plugging himself into it to try and hack it, maybe a virus that will interfere with Hydra's ability to monitor/manipulate him
I assumed it would be a tracker of some sort for them to find where Garret is hiding when Deathlok/Ward take the hard drive back to him. Deathlok plugged into it before Skye decrypted it, which is when she supposedly left the surprise right? I dont think she would have encrypted it from the beginning with a virus to affect Deathlok, I dont think she would have had any reason to suspect he would ever attempt to hack it. He hadn't been seen since before they thought Thomas Nash was the Clairvoyant.

[This message has been edited by Red Five (edited 4/30/2014 10:54a).]
texasaggie04
AG
Good episode. Not sure about the Coulson/TAHITI thing, but it's interesting. I assume Skye left some roadblocks in the program as well as tracking and probably something that puts Hydra & Garrett on all sorts of most wanted lists, etc. She wouldn't have had time (nor the foresight) to program it for Deathlok.
texasaggie04
AG
Just watched the new episode tonight. Thought it was ok, but really just tried to build up for the finale. Good amount of background for Ward, but not a keep you on the edge of your seat episode like the previous couple.

Few of my thoughts/theories (spoilers if you didn't watch the May 6 episode) below:

1. Deathlok will become a good (or at least neutral) character next week, because Skye will be able to take over the Hydra computers and free him from Garrett's control
2. The new Cybertek HQ will be the Triskelion
3. Fitz & Simmons will be rescued shortly thanks to the quarter in his pocket
4. I think Ward might die in the season finale, saving the team.

- Really not sure about Skye, since flower girl dropped a hint that the legend says her parents were monsters. She-Hulk? Also have read that Mantis is a possibility, who is a character I don't know much about.
- Also still not sure about the TAHITI project and what we can expect in the future from Coulson.

I assume one of these last two points will be the season end cliffhanger.
R0GUE
AG
I'm now thinking Skye is an Inhuman. The Inhumans used to have a city in the Himilayas, so there's your proximity to China, and the Inhumans are typically more monstrous looking, ie. Gorgon, Medusa, Karnak, Triton, all could be described as monsters.
aTmLoKi
AG
Last night was the first episode that wasn't cranked up to 11 since the Captain America break, but it is obvious they were putting a good deal of things in place for next week's finale. I like what they are doing with Skye and her background, and am interested to see how this plays out. We now have a good number of possibilities on the table, so it'll be great to see whatever this is come to fruition and hopefully lead us into season two.
texasaggie04
AG
I like that inhuman theory. It is also a way too dial down any powers they give her to a reasonable amount. Also I would have been annoyed if she turned green a lot.

Maybe she and Coulson both gain their powers at the end of the episode as the cliff hanger.
Red Five
AG
Wow, great pull Rogue. I hadnt even thought of the Inhumans but that makes a lot of sense. The Inhumans were created by the Kree, so we have a link with the possible Kree subject at the TAHITI project and the drug that saved Colson/Skye/Garrett. Introducing the Inhumans also gives Marvel the ability to use the Terrigen Mists to get around the mutant issue- possible origins of Quicksilver/Scarlet Witch in Avengers 2? Definitely a possibility, I think.
Dr. Horrible
Agree with everyone else, that this episode was ok, but really all about setting up for a Big Bang next week.

I think Garrett will also end up with super powers based on using centipede serum combined with the new kree based drug, and that is where deathlok and/or ward will step in to stop him.
R0GUE
AG
I'd love to see Black Bolt on screen personally, I just hope they get the budget to do his costume justice, plus any VFX work. Maximus would make a great villain for the team to face as well.
YellowPot_97
AG
Fitz constant crying over Ward is getting old
jabberwalkie09
AG
Agreed, about this being a lead up to next week's finale. I am also tired of Fitz's constant disbelief of Ward's betrayal... I still think Simmons is up to something...

As for powers of Coulson and Skye being developed, That just opens up a whole host of possibilities.....

I have to say Ward being killed off in the finale is a possibility that is increasing after last night's episode for his only chance at redemption.

[This message has been edited by jabberwalkie09 (edited 5/7/2014 10:28a).]
swimmerbabe11
I'm always an episode or 2 behind, but I'm so addicted that I can't help but reading evvverything.
jabberwalkie09
AG
https://scontent-b-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t1.0-9/q71/s720x720/1897800_690113714386813_9034337791723378131_n.jpg

updated banner image on facebook.
Dr. Horrible
Just had one more plot thought for next week to cliffhanger to season 2 or something else in the MCU... Not calling it a prediction, but I think it would be cool if it happened.

Now that Garrett is "fixed", he has no more interest in hydras mission and starts playing by his own rules.
Deathlok helps destroy him, risking death if Garrett or someone on his team was controlling his eye messages. But nothing happens.
He is reunited with his kid for seemingly a happy ever after moment. Then a new eye text shows up thanking him for taking care of the loose cannon that was Garrett, and that there are still big plans for him.
Would lend some weight heading into the summer break to the speculation that Zola in the computers is actually the clairvoyant, and set the show up for some interesting plot lines next year.

Don't know if anyone cares about this post, but I just wanted to share my random thoughts as we move toward the finale.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Would lend some weight heading into the summer break to the speculation that Zola in the computers is actually the clairvoyant, and set the show up for some interesting plot lines next year.

Except ***SPOILERS***

the whole bunker was blown up......
Sea Pony 07
AG
What's stopped him from uploading copies of himself to a server somewhere?
jabberwalkie09
AG
That would have to be a huge data transfer for that to happen. Could it? Sure.
Dr. Horrible
That whole room of tape drives from back then probably fits on a thumb drive these days.

[This message has been edited by Dr. Horrible (edited 5/7/2014 12:57p).]
RAB97
AG
quote:
That would have to be a huge data transfer for that to happen.

Skye, prepare for a large file transfer...
Red Five
AG
quote:
As for powers of Coulson and Skye being developed, That just opens up a whole host of possibilities.....
I dont think Coulson should get powers. I think he is fine being just an Agent of SHIELD. I think the show would be enhanced with someone having powers, but not if everyone all of a sudden has them. Get Deathlok turned and get Skye some powers and I think that is plenty of supers around for one show.

I also personally hope there is some way they can get Ward redeemed while still having him kill off May so we dont have another season of her wooden acting.
inch05
AG
since she has been outed, i think she's been alot better.
Dr. Horrible
Same here. I thought the scene with her and Skye was good last night. And just as Ward was an actor playing a bad guy trying to act like a good guy, she had a similar dynamic going on with split allegiances between Coulson and Fury that may have been making the character portrayal come off different than we would expect from someone who is just acting a role that is exactly as it would appear.
texasaggie04
AG
Read an article that they won't go that inhuman route for scarlet and quicksilver. I assume maybe they will just be the results of hydra experimentation.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Pretty much what I was getting at Red Five, by saying possibilities I could have also have said issues as well. If they give anyone else superhuman/inhuman abilities other than one character, it would feel almost way too lopsided towards the team. Almost like a B team avengers...

Since May has been outed, she has been more personable. I think her return to the team has opened her up a lot more.
swimmerbabe11
If everyone gets powers (or more than 1 person at a time), then it ruins the whole 'Zeppo' theme of the show.

It would really unsettle me.
tamusc
AG
I don't think Coulson will end up having powers, but definitely think Skye will end up being Mantis or an Inhuman. The potential connection Flowers says she shares with Skye is also interesting. Mantis/Inhumans would tie into GotG.

[This message has been edited by tamusc (edited 5/7/2014 7:16p).]
jabberwalkie09
AG
Officially picked up for season 2.

Slightly off topic, Agent Carter got picked up for series.

http://collider.com/agents-of-shield-season-2-renewed-agent-carter/
tamusc
aTmLoKi
swimmerbabe11
I am really excited for Agent Carter.

Also, I don't like the way they've revolved Centipede around Garrett. He's just selfish, which doesn't really follow the Hydra mindset. Hydra wouldn't believe him to be that important...he's just another cog, albeit a large one.
Red Five
AG
I dont think they just revolved it around him. Consider the ending of the last episode where Quinn tells the 2 generals that he doesnt want to sell them a super soldier, he wants to sell them a hundred super soldiers. I think Garret designed centipede around curing himself but also with the idea that he could use it to create super soldiers to sell the the US govt who are all loyal, or forced to be loyal like Deathlok, to him/Hydra to be turned on the US at a moment's notice. That seems pretty Hydra to me.
israeliag
AG
One thing that bothered me in the last episode was when there was a moment with Deathlok, Garrett, and Ward all chatting in a circle (and this probably happened before, but I just realized this) on the bus. Couldn't Deathlok just instantly kill Garrett right there and follow up with a (maybe slightly harder) put down of Ward, and successfully unshackle himself? Sure there might be other baddies on the plane, but with Garret and Ward out of the way, I doubt they'd be any kind of challenge to Deathlok.
tamusc
AG
In addition to the bomb in his eye, they also have his son.
Dr. Horrible
Yeah, that requires an assumption that Garrett is the one controlling him.
israeliag
AG
Ahh yeah - the son thing.

[This message has been edited by israeliag (edited 5/9/2014 11:34a).]

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.