*****Marvels Agents of SHIELD*****

74,021 Views | 769 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Trident 88
jabberwalkie09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The GH 325 (I think is what it was) is going to give them an out for how people got their powers since they can't mention Mutants, and I am going to guess that they don't have the rights to even mention Magneto.
91_Aggie
AG
GH325 might be the Terrigen Mist that gave the Inhumans their power.

Of course, then that would mean Raina may not be able to become who she was destined to be unless they get some more.
redline248
AG
We're certain the blue alien body was Kree, right?
Red Five
AG
I dont think there is anything in the show that would give the impression its definitely a Kree, other than the inflection Sif put on that word when listing blue skinned aliens for Coulson. It's by far the most likely, I think, but i wouldn't call it definite.

The Kree/Inhumans theory makes the most sense to me out of everything that has been speculated, but you never know what the suits at Marvel have planned so I guess we are just going to have to wait.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Certain with Whedon at the helm? No, but gaining confidence.
Red Five
AG
quote:
GH325 might be the Terrigen Mist that gave the Inhumans their power.
I do not think GH325 can be the Terrigen Mists. The mists have always literally been mist given off by the terrigen crystals and their effects have always been brought about through airborne exposure to the mist.

Kree are a genetically perfect race and have significantly increased strength and durability over a human. I think its possible that the blood of the Kree (if it turns out to be a Kree) simply accelerates the human body's healing process. That does however still leave the issue of why Garrett and Coulson started seeing the strange symbols though.
jabberwalkie09
AG
OR why Skye hasn't manifested the same strange symbol when she was given the same drug. This is what I assume the first half of next season will deal with this.
R0GUE
AG
A Nickel history of the Inhumans for those who want to know:

Long ago an advanced race of beings called the Celestials visited earth and did genetic experiments on humans resulting in the creation of two species: The Eternals (good, perfect) and the Deviants (evil, monstrous). The Celestials also performed similar experiments across the galaxy including on the alien race, the Kree.

Sometime later, the Kree came to earth and discovered Homo sapiens. They knew from their own genetics about how the Celestials had unlocked genetic potential within their own race, and they figured out that humans were capable of undergoing the same process. So the Kree began running their own experiments and called the resulting super humans The Inhumans. Unlike the Celestials, who created the Eternals and Deviants as a pure experiment and didn't get involved in their development, the Kree not only tampered with the Inhumans, but also let them know why they had been created. They wanted the Inhumans to battle against the Kree's alien foes, the Skrulls.

The Inhumans rebelled against being token pawns in the Kree-Skrull war, and instead created their own society, separate from the Kree and separate from humans as well. At one time this society was located on the Blue Area of the Moon, and another time it was hidden in the Himalayas. Currently, the Inhumans are without a kingdom and are scattered across the earth.

The Inhumans aren't born with powers or mutations, they are born looking very much like ordinary humans. But at a certain age, all Inhuman children undergo Terregenesis: a ceremony where they are exposed to Terrigen Mists, a chemical which unlocks their genetic potential. The results are usually superpowers or physical mutations or both. A very few become grotesque and are seen as the remnants of the Deviant bloodline in their race.

The Inhumans are led by a King and Queen, Black Bolt and Medusa. Black Bolt's power is a voice that is powerful enough to shatter a mountain with a whisper, so he almost never speaks. He leads through example and through the words of his wife, Medusa. Medusa's power is telekinetic hair, which she can manipulate as if it were alive. I.e. she can wrap people up in it, use it to grab stuff, etc.

The Imhumans are pretty aloof with humans, they don't want to get involved in petty human wars and such, but they have developed friendships and relationships with certain superheroes. So occasionally the Inhumans find themselves aiding and working alongside earth's heroes for a common good cause. Notably, the Inhumans are on good terms with the Fantastic Four, one of them married and had a child with the Avenger/X-Man Quicksilver, and Black Bolt is a member of the Illuminati, a secret organization of the top minds of the Marvel universe.

Oh and one of the Inhumans is a giant dog who can teleport groups of people where ever they need to go. Yeah, you heard me. His name is Lockjaw and he's awesome.
Sex Panther
AG
Thanks for that Rogue, appreciate it.

Also that sounds really, really, really, really, reeeaaaaallly...

stupid.
Sex Panther
AG
But so did a talking raccoon and tree running around in space with machine guns.
R0GUE
AG
Sure thing. A lot of the weirdo sounding stuff was developed by Jack Kirby in the 60's. Kirby was known for being kind of out there.

Once you get past the ancient gods and what-not though they can be pretty cool. Especially the idea that they are this super powerful group with agendas all their own.
redline248
AG
I never remember which is the 'good' species...Kree or Skrull...
R0GUE
AG
Neither really. But the Skrulls are worse. The Kree at least have a sense of honor and can occasionally be reasoned with. Plus there have had a few notable Kree who have gone renegade and stayed on earth to be heroes.
tamusc
AG
Just finished watching it and dang it was good. Can't wait for next season. Definitely think Flowers and Skye are Inhuman now and that the blue alien was Kree. My guess is that Flowers was afraid that she would be a Deviant and ran away. She's been on a quest to find some way to determine what she would become when exposed to the Terrigen Mist. And remember that the aliens in the Avengers really were the Skrulls, so that's another tie to the Kree.
R0GUE
AG
Yeh, the Chitauri = the Skrulls, although the ones in Avengers didn't seem to have any shape shifting powers, which are the trademark of the Skrulls in the comics.
redline248
AG
Was chitauri a name made up for the movie?
R0GUE
AG
No it's from the "Ultimate" comics. A line of comics Marvel started that are more modern and update the characters. That's where black Nick Fury came from for example.
Sex Panther
AG
Was black Nick Fury before or after Samuel
L?

And is black Fury basically canon now?
Gradin
AG
I thought Chitauri and Skrulls were 2 separate alien species? I also thought I heard that the Skrulls may be in dispute with Fox on who has the movie rights to them.
R0GUE
AG
Black Nick Fury predates SLJ ever playing him on screen. But the artist who drew him made him look exactly like SLJ because he thought it would be cool. Then SLJ said he thought that was pretty awesome and he'd love to play Fury some day and the rest is history.

Obviously Black Fury is canon in Ultimate. In the "main" Marvel universe they recently gave White Fury a half-black son who looks an awful lot like SLJ too. They had White Fury retire and made Black Fury a high level SHIELD Agent as well, just below Hill and Coulson. So they are pretty much slowly making it canon in the main universe as well.
R0GUE
AG
quote:
I thought Chitauri and Skrulls were 2 separate alien species? I also thought I heard that the Skrulls may be in dispute with Fox on who has the movie rights to them.

You might be right about the Fox dispute. In the Ultimate comics though, the Chitauri are a race of shapeshifters just like Skrulls. So everybody just decided they were the same guys.

Now that I think about it though, they did very recently introduce the Chitauri in the main universe as a separate race in the Nova comics. But that's kind of like a retcon.
redline248
AG
So Avengers 2 or 3 (or any of the movies) could introduce Skrulls as a separate group and do the invasion story? If they wanted?
R0GUE
AG
Depending on the legal status of the movie rights they could, especially since the Chitauri weren't even shapeshifters. But I think Gradin might be right about Fox though, because the Skrulls were introduced through the Fantastic Four comics.
Natasha Romanoff
This was a great show. Can't wait for next series. Count me as another one who was happy Ward wasn't redeemed.

Think Fitz comes back normal?
redline248
AG
I hope Fitz comes back normal.
israeliag
AG
i love patton oswalt is back. not sure if twin or clone, but i like the wierdness and humor it brings.

excited to see if fitz comes back different.

Rogue - thanks for all the insight!
R0GUE
AG
Sure thing. Happy to do it.

I am also very glad Oswalt is back, he makes such an awesome administrator. "No lanyard for you!"
wangus12
AG
Really enjoyed what the show has become. Way better than the start of the season. I kinda hope they keep Ward out of the picture, but I doubt they will. Trip is a lot more fun and interesting with his family ties to the Howling Commandos. He just seems to integrate with the team better.

Not sure what they are going to do with Fitz, but I imagine he will certainly be changed in some way.
texasaggie04
AG
I wonder if the writing on the wall is the chemical makeup for the mist, or something like that.
Red Five
AG
I like that. Nice theory!
swimmerbabe11
The only way I can imagine that they would "change" Fitz is to make him more bitter.

What are y'all thinking they might do?
Sex Panther
AG
I'm sorry but bringing back Patton Oswalt as a twin or clone or whatever was pretty lame.

Don't get me wrong... I like Patton Oswalt, and his character. But that was really weak. You basically took away the effectiveness of his death, which was a big moment because it showed just how bad Ward really was... That's really cheap and lazy writing.

It reminded me of this scene which is basically making fun of using that kind of tactic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0w9DUTcAI0o
tamusc
AG
I don't know if it tool away the impact of his other character dying since it was a few episodes back. I did think it was shocking to see him standing there though. It also might be a way to introduce some other bit of cool tech like the LMDs as well.
tamusc
AG
Thinking about Garrett talking about seeing the language of the creators leads me to believe that the guess regarding the symbols having something to do with the terrigen crystals is correct. It could be some kind of genetic memory from the Kree blood, which could also explain why people went crazy when they received an infusion of it as they couldn't process the additional memories. The Kree would also be considered the creators to the Inhuman. Heck, it could even go back to the Celestials, since the Kree were a product of their experimentation as well.
Red Five
AG
Another thing to consider: we know Thanos will be the villain of a future movie, likely Avengers 3, and Thanos is an Eternal. That gives a little more weight to the Celestials/Eternals/Kree/Inhumans being involved in this somehow, IMO.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.