*****Marvels Agents of SHIELD*****

74,025 Views | 769 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Trident 88
Stupe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Where did you see that? I did a yahoo search and got nuthin'.
Baba Ganoush
AG
Here you go.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2013/09/23/abc-to-encore-marvels-agents-of-shield-pilot-on-thursday-984503/10554/

I just checked my guide and it's there. Set to DVR it.
Saxsoon
AG
Just started, loved seeing the flashbacks to the avengers.
MSCAg
AG
Better than I figured it might be. Definitely has that Whedon humor.
zap
AG
I enjoyed the first episode. I like how the show is flirting with the Marvel movie stuff.
fightinags2013
AG
Also like to tie ins/references to the movies. It would be cool if they could get any of the Avengers to come in for an episode here and there
Gradin
AG
I thoroughly enjoyed the pilot. I thought it was interesting that it featured a type of Extremis. This show must be taking place after IM3 because SHIELD is aware of Extremis.

I am very annoyed though that they are never allowed to use the term "mutant" in that show or the movies due to Fox and their rights.
Saxsoon
AG
Great first hour of television, though I hope I can understand the twins a little better. I watch British television but that was difficult to follow at times because of how fast they talk.

Coulson is awesome and I like the ****** agent. May (the pilot) wasn't used much.

I starting laughing at Sky and the cosplaying in front of Stark Tower.

So something is definitely up with how Coulson was revived. He was definitely used to motivate the Avengers, but I am really curious to see how he actually returned because Hill's comments about how he can't know suggest he actually died and is being reanimated somehow differently.

Also, shanked by Asgard's Mussolini.
Bird Poo
AG
quote:
So something is definitely up with how Coulson was revived. He was definitely used to motivate the Avengers, but I am really curious to see how he actually returned because Hill's comments about how he can't know suggest he actually died and is being reanimated somehow differently.

When the guy kicked the door off the van towards the end, Coulson did one of those "Matrix" moves where you bend backwards to dodge something. I thought that was weird and I think he has some sort of mutant powers since he's still living.
MSCAg
AG
I'm guessing cloned.
ccaggie05
AG
Prelim ratings from last night are out and it looks solid for Agents of Shield. It looks like just under 12 million tuned in, and more importantly, it tied first in the 18-49 demo with a 4.6 (tied with The Voice..blew everything else away).

Baring a huge dropoff in the next few weeks, this show should be around for a while.

[This message has been edited by ccaggie05 (edited 9/25/2013 11:23a).]
tylhair
AG
It was awesomee. Joss is boss.
OldArmy07
AG
I liked that they didn't hand hold us with a recap of events in the Avengers. Nice to pick up right where it left off so we can have stories running in parallel.

Does anyone know if the TV series will tie into the next Avenger movie (or any of the other Marvel movies)?
Bamatab
I see where some of you are saying that Coulston is a LMD. What is a LMD?
The Debt
I was very surprised they didnt start during episode two then next week give us 90 min pilot.
Stupe
S
Did he do a Matrix move or just duck?

(Saw it on Hulu)
The Debt
Life Model Decoy

quote:
As an android, a Life-Model Decoy possesses all of the various superhuman attributes:

Superhuman Strength - As an android, a Life Model Decoy is super-strong and possesses beyond the human limit.

Superhuman Speed - As an android a Life-Model Decoy can run and move at speeds that are beyond the physical limits of the finest human athlete.

Superhuman Durability - As an android a Life-Model Decoy construction makes him very durable.

Superhuman Stamina - As an android a Life-Model Decoy can exert itself well beyond the human limit.

Superhuman Agility - As an android a Life-Model Decoy agility, balance, and bodily coordination are enhanced to levels that are beyond the natural physical limits of the finest human athlete.

Quick Repair - The nanites in his body give a Life-Model Decoy a form of self-repair similar to a Healing Factor.

The Debt
Also SFX were well used from the "Prometheus" scanners in the crime scene to the 3D rendering.
MSCAg
AG
Good call Debt, I forgot Shield had a ton of those things.
Ganondorf
AG
I liked the show though I don't see why they would let that hacker chick go into the 'mobile command' plane and then let her join the team without even knowing her name.
MSCAg
AG
quote:
I was very surprised they didnt start during episode two then next week give us 90 min pilot.
I'm sure the Fox executives were pretty confused when they watched it on Tuesday. Everybody knows you do the pilot as the 2nd episode.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
quote:
I liked the show though I don't see why they would let that hacker chick go into the 'mobile command' plane and then let her join the team without even knowing her name.

As I understood it, she was a part of their team the whole time.
Ganondorf
AG
No, she was running that Rising Tide stuff and they couldn't find her and she hacked the Shield computers (unlikely for anyone but Stark anyway). She wasn't part of the group.

The other girls were already members, the Brit and girl from Stargate.
redline248
AG
Yep, she was clearly not working with SHIELD before they picked her up.
Ganondorf
AG
Interesting thought, what if Coulson isn't an LMD and is instead a brainwashed Skrull?

The Skrull invasion was a big Marvel event and would tie nicely into an Avengers movie. The individual movies could do like the comics did and introduce Skrulls hiding out in the superhero world bit by bit before going full blown invasion.
redline248
AG
Actress playing Skye

Born in '91 makes me feel like an old.
israeliag
AG
Thought it was a fun show. But gawd, if it wasn't for Coulson, I don't think I could take the acting.

I'm going to have to get over the very evident small-screen plastic feel the show has in comparison to the Marvel Movies.
Sex Panther
AG
I'll keep watching but that was really, really cheesy.
Saxsoon
AG
WTF, she is a year younger than me?!
AliasMan02
AG
Just watched. I felt like at times it was just a series of Avengers references strung together. It was pretty heavy on the cheese. I wondered how it might compare to Arrow (featuring minor characters from the canon), but it seems they're going a very different direction, going lighter and not trying to be overly gritty.

They played the Maria Hill card pretty early, but in a way that made sense. I found myself wondering when we might get a cameo from Fury. They could maybe pull off Banner without Hulk (Ruffalo isn't quite the hot stuff as the rest of the Avengers actors right now).

Other minor characters from the movies that could make an appearance? Maybe Sif or Thor's mom, Frigga? Tim Blake Nelson reprising as Dr. Sterns/Leader or Ty Burrell as Doc Samson from The Incredible Hulk; Burrell is an ABC guy, after all. William Hurt as General Ross? Someone (other than Atwell, probably) playing an aged Agent Carter, especially if rumors of her getting her own show are true?

Personally I'd hope for Burrell to do his Doc Samson and be a shrink for heroes. I've always thought that would be a good side bit for an Avengers movie or maybe Iron Man.

I don't think the cameo thing will be a recurring thing, but I think they'll dip the pen in that well a few times.

Back to the show, I'll definitely watch, if only to get Coulson's backstory. I'm too much of a fan of the Marvel Cinematic Universe to let is slide.
FarmerJohn
AG
quote:
But gawd, if it wasn't for Coulson, I don't think I could take the acting.

I'm surprised this isn't being mentioned more. Even Coulson was feeling more a parody of his character from the movies than anything new and interesting. There is a big difference between fan favorite bit character and carrying a series. Overall, I get that it is a pilot but I hope they dial back the cheese. Right now I feel like it is in the catagory of shows that I want to be better than they are.
T Bow
Rumor going around is that Samuel L might make an appearance on tonight's episode.
AliasMan02
AG
Possible. Marvel's contract with him is extensive. 10 movies or something like that. I'd guess that there is a TV clause in there as well. They have done a great job at looking at their Cinematic Universe with a long view.
BillOnCapitolHill
Samuel L makes appearances for $20 and a cigarette, why would people think he wouldnt have cameos in a show about an agency his character runs?
Ganondorf
AG
You think the government in the Marvel universe shuts down because of the expensive Shield budget?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.