*****Marvels Agents of SHIELD*****

74,029 Views | 769 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Trident 88
Gradin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I do remember previously reading there are some theories out there that Skye could be Spider-woman. I still think it is a Kree and really hope Skye does not become Captain Marvel.
R0GUE
AG
I don't think they'd make Skye Capt. Marvel. Carol Danvers is a VERY different personality than Skye. Carol was a hard core, tough Air Force pilot before she ever got super powers. Plus outside of Black Widow, Carol is the next biggest female lead character they could inject into the Avengers franchise, so I doubt they'd waste that potential on tv (no offense intended to AOS - I'm digging the show).

Spider-Woman or She-Hulk fit a little better. Jessica Drew was a Private Investigator. Skye is an "investigator" of sorts, just more of a journalist than a PI. And Skye's shady background not knowing who her parents are, fits really well with Spider-Woman's backstory.

Skye's actual personaility, her quippiness and rebelliousness are much more akin to She-Hulk. But A) Skye's not a lawyer B) she's not Bruce Banner's cousin and C) it doesn't seem like that stuff they were pumping out of the whatever-alien-guy is Gamma related. So I don't think she'd be She-Hulk at this point, although I'd love to see Shulkie in AOS.

Yeah, more and more, I am staring to think the Spider-Woman theory makes sense.
eskimo
The more I think about it, I'm convinced that that thing was Kree. Especially seeing as how we have GOTG coming up and the main bad guy is Ronan the Accuser, who is Kree. A way to tie into another upcoming part of the Marvel Universe.

As far as one of these characters becoming Captain Marvel or Spiderwoman, that seems like a big departure from the whole basis of the series. Not sure how it would work, but hey what do I know?
R0GUE
AG
I suppose its a departure, but is it a huge departure? And is it a bad departure? We had the pyrokinetic before, and now the badguys have Deathlok. So wouldn't it make sense that the good guys need a superhero? And like i said, Spider-Woman is a SHIELD Agent, and she's not hugely overpowered. I think it would be cool to finally get some Superhero action going.
benMath08
AG
I wouldn't mind if they kept Skye unconscious...

[This message has been edited by benMath08 (edited 3/5/2014 4:13p).]
R0GUE
AG
Never understood the hate for Skye personally. I like her interplay with May in particular, but also Ward.
gravy97
AG
I thought Fitz and Simmons determined that GH stood for Guest House and that's how they tracked it down
redline248
AG
Seems like a lucky guess, or more likely, G.H. was the thing in the tube was called and Guest House became the code word for where it was kept. I also don't feel too bad for the guards. Seems to me like they aren't SHIELD agents. Even if the facility is actually a secret SHIELD operation, those guys might not know they were hired by SHIELD. Besides, do we really care about 2 random guards?

quote:
I wouldn't mind if they kept Skye unconscious...

You shut your damn mouth.
eskimo
Yea, those guards sucked anyway. I mean really, who gives a damn about the drive from Istanbul?
Cibalo
there is the still the issue of Skye being an "object of unknown origin" so having the GH shot into her could trigger something. Coulson said she had a different reaction to it than he did. There are lots of directions they can go with the angle.
Gradin
AG
quote:
there is the still the issue of Skye being an "object of unknown origin" so having the GH shot into her could trigger something. Coulson said she had a different reaction to it than he did. There are lots of directions they can go with the angle.

I agree, I have pondered the same
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Seems like a lucky guess, or more likely, G.H. was the thing in the tube was called and Guest House became the code word for where it was kept. I also don't feel too bad for the guards. Seems to me like they aren't SHIELD agents. Even if the facility is actually a secret SHIELD operation, those guys might not know they were hired by SHIELD. Besides, do we really care about 2 random guards?

I find it amusing that people are having issues with Coulson and company shooting two guards at a facility that may or may not been a SHEILD facility. If it was black site, OK they will have to answer for that maybe if anyone really wants to own up to actually running the site. Especially since the experiments (given the alien in the tube) are possibly of questionable natures and goals. Hell, SHIELD was developing weapons with the tesseract in The Avengers to combat potential threats. If it wasn't a SHIELD facility, and Fury only had access to the site, how did he have access and who runs it?

Also, I can't believe that most people apparently have taken little issue of Coulson being resurrected against his apparent will (shouting in the flashbacks to let him die) when WHY this has been done hasn't been explained yet. Can't really claim it was for his benefit when he was already dead...

With all this said though, SHIELD is an intelligence/cover/espionage organization, and I understand that organizations like that are generally supposed be morally/ethically ambiguous. I think a lot of people are having a tough time trying to come to grips with this since up until now, SHIELD agents have usually been on the straight and narrow and we haven't really seen any questionable things done on screen as the team (or the hero) saves the day. An interesting thing to note, is that even tough Garrett had surprised and was fighting with the guard in hand to hand combat, he still drew his pistol and shot the guy at point blank range instead of trying to subdue the guy (given the extremes the team has gone through in the past to do so).

I don't know why, but I get the feeling that Coulson is really starting to question (especially after finding out that Skye was an 0-8-4 from the lone surviving agent, the true circumstances of his revival, and the events in T.A.H.I.T.I.) the legitimacy of SHIELD's existence and goals. Which I think further sets up the events for The Winter Soldier.

I will stop here because I could keep going with questions/wild theories/speculations that have popped into my head from this week's episode since I watched it again.
redline248
AG
I think there's no question that this show and Coulson's actions are directly tied into Winter Soldier.
R0GUE
AG
Wow! Did not expect that ending!
Bamatab
I guess the question is, is she working for the clairvoyant, or is she just keeping tabs on Coulston for Fury.
R0GUE
AG
I'm thinking the latter. Since what he told Skye was in reference to the Guest House, and the Clairvoyant was clueless about the Guest House as well. So "he knows" seems to imply who she is talking to already knows the secrets of the GH, and really the prime suspect there is Fury.

I enjoyed seeing the little Sitwell cameo, in addition to Sif. Coulson's response to "How was Tahiti?" was great.
texasaggie04
AG
I also think the latter. I can't think of any other possibilities since the clairvoyant didn't know about the Guest House, and Fury didn't want Coulson going there.

I haven't watched the trailers for Winter Soldier since I don't want to see spoilers, but I'm guessing it starts a rift inside of SHIELD.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
I'm thinking the latter. Since what he told Skye was in reference to the Guest House, and the Clairvoyant was clueless about the Guest House as well. So "he knows" seems to imply who she is talking to already knows the secrets of the GH, and really the prime suspect there is Fury.

Agreed. Also I forgot who said it in the episode, but it was said that Fury had gone to ground. I am very interested as to why Fury, the head of SHIELD, had gone dark and off the radar...

Overall, great episode and thoroughly enjoyed it. Really liked the ending.
texasaggie04
AG
Should have mentioned that it was a good "side quest" episode. No real storyline advances until the last two minutes, although Sif did rattle off a list of blue aliens for us. I would put Kree and frost giant at the top of the list based on how her speech was (similar to how a magician lets you see one card slightly longer if it's the one he wants you to pick).
Cibalo
solid show tonight. I like that they are bringing it some of the support cast from the movies to tie things together.

When Sif said that no other beings from any of the relms have visted Earth since the Frost Giants and with Fury having disappeared, is it possible that Fury found a way to travel to one of the relms and the Guest House was his laboratory for things he brought back?
texasaggie04
AG
That's an intriguing theory.

Also, I am pretty sure Ward's gun should have still had a bullet in the chamber unless I missed something.
Cibalo
you missed the drop the mag and rack the gun while in hand to hand combat trick. they had to edit out the racking part.

Its the third oldest trick in the book next to shoving something down the barrel and filing down the firing pin.
redline248
AG
I hate that they cut it so him pulling the trigger happened AFTER Sif placed the collar.

I also suspect May is reporting to Fury.
Ganondorf
AG
Definitely Fury. No way it could be the clairvoyant because the Agent he used would have seen an implant in her.
Stupe
S
I'm thinking Fury, as well.
texasaggie04
AG
Besides fury, maybe that doctor who operated on Coulson. That's about all I can think of that make sense.
hunter2012
AG
On a side note it appears Loki is ruling quite well, even if it is to keep appearances. Sending Sif to earth on a manhunt is very Odin-like.
wangus12
AG
So with all the buildup around where Fury is and that like, could we possibly see SLJ come in for a full episode. I would think its possible since all he has been doing is commercials recently.
Ganondorf
AG
Perhaps, but we'll have to see why he's gone underground. Most likely it'll be covered in a movie.
eskimo
I feel like such a jerk for asking but, SLJ?
toucan82
Samuel L. Mother****ing Jackson, mother****er
hunter2012
AG

say what again...
texasaggie04
AG
I had never seen this video before. It's an alternate opening to the first Avengers movie. Looks like it would have tied directly in with all of the SHIELD rift possibilities...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhV4pIsE5X8
eskimo
quote:
Samuel L. Mother****ing Jackson, mother****er

Call me mother****er, one more mother****ing time!

Yea I really should have known that.
R0GUE
AG
quote:
I had never seen this video before. It's an alternate opening to the first Avengers movie. Looks like it would have tied directly in with all of the SHIELD rift possibilities...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhV4pIsE5X8

There's an alternate ending too, in which Hill basically changes her mind and decides the Avengers did the right thing.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.