2024 SEC Baseball Tournament (5/21 - 5/26)

73,477 Views | 897 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by Hornbeck
AgEng06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ground ball to 3rd. Out at 2B, runner safe at 1st. Umps discussing the slide at 2nd for interference.
Sea Pony 07
AG
Are they looking at interference?
W
AG
this game might be over via challenge
AgEng06
AG
Yes
Sea Pony 07
AG
AgEng06 said:

Yes

I've seen worse slides not called for interference.
AgEng06
AG
Calls stand. Runners at the corners, 2 outs, Pigs down 6-5.
AgEng06
AG
Fly out to CF. Cocks win.
histag10
AG
Butt clench moment. He almost dropped that trying to be smooth and run off the field while catching it
PhatMack19
AG
Arky goes down
Sean98
AG
WooPig SuckIt
W
AG
Carolina sticking around Hoover this year

bubble shrinking for non-SEC teams
W
AG
Stanford lost 10 straight games to finish the regular season

but the Cardinal has won its first 2 games in the Pac-12 tournament

advanced to the semis
RGLAG85
AG
Sean98 said:

Sharpshooter said:

We must have damaged Piggy.
Or, and hear me out... This tournament is stupid and the good teams don't care.
They cared enough to throw two of their top bullpen pitchers. And at this level, if the player steps on the field, they're competing.
Thomas Jefferson: "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."
aginlakeway
AG
ABATTBQ87 said:

dermdoc said:

We have tried to get the baseball tourney moved from Hoover for over a decade. Ain't happening.
the Longhorns will be able to flex their muscle and get the tournament moved

GREAT! That would be awesome for us too if it was closer.
94chem
LSU at 40:1 not looking awful...
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
fightintxag13
AG
I agree with the commentators that I wouldn't be happen to see LSU land in my regional. Fortunately we don't have to worry about that.
W
AG
also don't want to see an SEC team as the 2-seed...in the opposite regional from the Ags
TheBonifaceOption
W said:

also don't want to see an SEC team as the 2-seed...in the opposite regional from the Ags

With 11-12 SEC teams getting in, there are only 16 teams capable of attending a Super.

There may be some overlap
MR Gadsden
If I have to see the Geico accordion commercial again, I'm going to shoot my TV.
AG
MR Gadsden said:

If I have to see the Geico accordion commercial again, I'm going to shoot my TV.

You bet your pickled peppers you are
LB12Diamond
AG
It's at least better than that graded Parm one
PhatMack19
AG
Vandy 3 run bomb.

Vandy leads 5-1
The Collective
AG
MR Gadsden said:

How about the Italian restaurant one?
LB beat me on that one.
LB12Diamond
AG
PhatMack19 said:

Vandy 3 run bomb.

Vandy leads 5-1

Maybe the Whistler does help them out.
Sean98
AG
Don't think it'll hold, but if Cincy beats texas then it's entirely possibly the horns fall to a 3 seed. Their RPI might be close to 50 at that point.
TAMUallen
AG
Sean98 said:

Don't think it'll hold, but if Cincy beats texas then it's entirely possibly the horns fall to a 3 seed. Their RPI might be close to 50 at that point.

Go Cincinnati!
TheBonifaceOption
PhatMack19 said:

Vandy 3 run bomb.

Vandy leads 5-1

6-1, b4
ChemEng94
AG
6-4. UT 3 run bomb.
203Raggie
AG
On that steal home, the catcher walked over the plate to meet the pitch as quickly as possible, could the batter have not just taken a hack at him and got catchers interference?
twk
AG
203Raggie said:

On that steal home, the catcher walked over the plate to meet the pitch as quickly as possible, could the batter have not just taken a hack at him and got catchers interference?
When the catcher is trying to make a play on a runner trying to steal, then the shoe is on the other foot. Batter cannot interfere with the catcher trying to make a play.
backintexas2013
AG
I didn't see the play but the hitter absolutely has the right to swing and not be interfered with. Also the pitch has to cross the plate. If the catcher steps in front of the plate and catches a pitched ball it's a balk.
203Raggie
AG
twk said:

203Raggie said:

When the catcher is trying to make a play on a runner trying to steal, then the shoe is on the other foot. Batter cannot interfere with the catcher trying to make a play.

Ah okay. Just weird cause the pitcher didn't step off or anything. He threw a pitch. Which seems like the batter is entitled to swing at a legal pitch.
ColoradoMooseHerd
If it is a pitch, hitter has the right to swing at it. You do not have to yield to the catcher on a pitch. The catcher has to stay out of the way of a swing or catchers interference
Wicked Good Ag
twk said:

203Raggie said:

I dont think this is correct
Sharpshooter
AG
9/4 Vandy T7. Perhaps our game will start on time.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.