2024 SEC Baseball Tournament (5/21 - 5/26)

73,475 Views | 897 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by Hornbeck
LB12Diamond
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone know how Kentucky being home team for this one was determined?
RED AG 98
AG
Coin flips in Hoover per Brauny, not seeding
dabo man
AG
TCU is up on Kansas St 4-0 in the top of the 4th in the Battle of Purple... my favorite color.
LB12Diamond
AG
That's what I figured. Did he mention if we were home or away in our game.
dabo man
AG
Seeding worked out as far as I'm concerned. Kentucky had the better SEC record. I find the notion of "Winning the SEC West" to be ridiculous.
92Ag95
AG
LB12Diamond said:

Did you miss the tennis NC and individual golf NC this past week?

FYI, Texas A&M did pretty well.
No...I saw those.

Got my Texas A&M Tennis - National Champion t-shirt in my closet right next to the 2011 Women's Basketball NC t-shirt.
dabo man
AG
As per this page,
https://www.ncaa.com/news/baseball/article/2024-05-23/2024-sec-baseball-tournament-bracket-schedule-scores

we are the visitors.

RED AG 98
AG
Visitors, determined by flip
dabo man
AG
I'd intended to reply to you on my last post. We are the visitors today as per ncaa.com.
LB12Diamond
AG
Hagen Smith already out of the game. Faster than I thought would happen.
trouble
AG
I didn't expect him to go long
Aggies2009
AG
92Ag95 said:

LB12Diamond said:

No...I saw those.

Got my Texas A&M Tennis - National Champion t-shirt in my closet right next to the 2011 Women's Basketball NC t-shirt.
Soooooo this directly contradicts the drivel you were spewing before....
92Ag95
AG
Aggies2009 said:

92Ag95 said:

LB12Diamond said:

No...I saw those.

Soooooo this directly contradicts the drivel you were spewing before....
You're not very skilled at detecting sarcasm are you?
swimmerbabe11
dabo man said:

TCU is up on Kansas St 4-0 in the top of the 4th in the Battle of Purple... my favorite color.

It's a good morning, sunshine
HoustonAg2106
AG
dabo man said:

Seeding worked out as far as I'm concerned. Kentucky had the better SEC record. I find the notion of "Winning the SEC West" to be ridiculous.

After this year there will be no more East or West so don't worry about it too much
dermdoc
AG
Looks miserably hot at Hoover.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
jkag89
92Ag95 said:

LB12Diamond said:

No...I saw those.

This year's Women's Basketball Championship game drew almost 19 million TV viewers. Last season's CWS Championship Series drew an average of nearly 3 million per game (huge jump over 2022). So which of these two sports is a bigger collegiate sport? I love college baseball and wish more people would enjoy it like the passionate fans of this board but most of us realize it is not a major college sport in the grand scheme of things.
Bondag
AG
jkag89 said:

92Ag95 said:

LB12Diamond said:

No...I saw those.

This year's Women's Basketball Championship game drew almost 19 million TV viewers. Last season's CWS Championship Series drew an average of nearly 3 million per game (huge jump over 2022). So which of these two sports is a bigger collegiate sport? I love college baseball and wish more people would enjoy it like the passionate fans of this board but most of us realize it is not a major college sport in the grand scheme of things.

What did the year before draw?

And the year before. No Caitlin Clark no viewers.
dabo man
AG
Absolutely true, but that doesn't make college baseball a major sport.
dabo man
AG
TCU is up 9-4 on KSU after 8 innings.

Oddly enough, I've seen the Ags play at KSU, but I've never set foot on the TCU campus. Arky and TCU are the two SWC schools I've never been to.
swimmerbabe11
its a beautiful campus, you should stop by!!

Also, baseball with my morning coffee is awesome.
Aggie97
AG
Lamar stays alive in Southland Tournament by beating Northwestern St. 12-5
AggieBiker
AG
While we know the final game of the CWS won't draw 19 million, don't we also know next year's women's championship BB game won't either. Aside from the Caitlin Clark effect of the last two years those games have averaged 4.0 million or less. Give it a couple of years and it will return to it's historical average.

But your point still holds that women's BB at 4.0 million beats the CWS champ game by over a million viewers.

I am with you in wishing more people would discover the fun of college baseball. I enjoy it more than the MLB. I feel like each game means more at the college level because of 60 vs 162 games. While mid-week games might be blowouts, every SEC league game is tense until it isn't. Much more fun to watch than a typical MLB mid-season game.
jkag89
Bondag said:

jkag89 said:

92Ag95 said:

LB12Diamond said:

No...I saw those.

What did the year before draw?

And the year before. No Caitlin Clark no viewers.
14.4 million viewers which is almost 5 times last seasons CWS Championship Series average between two perennial powers LSU-Florida with likely future MLB stars Paul Skenes and Jac Caglianone.
Sean98
AG
What argument are we even having here?
AggieBiker
AG
dabo man said:

TCU is up 9-4 on KSU after 8 innings.

Oddly enough, I've seen the Ags play at KSU, but I've never set foot on the TCU campus. Arky and TCU are the two SWC schools I've never been to.
I went to one baseball game there in 1996 at their old field, the TCU Diamond. Yes it was just a field with bleachers that went about 10 rows high, not a stadium. TCU Diamond My cousin was the Friday starter for Rice in that final SWC season. Nolan Ryan was a volunteer coach for TCU. My mom took my 3 year old daughter for a walk past the end of the TCU dugout where Nolan was and he made a kind comment to her about my daughter.

I never went to an Aggie baseball game when I was in school. But I made several when my daughters were there and Childress was coach. I was also there for the Super against TCU with my TCU brother-in-law for the 2022 final. That was a great game as we all know.
AggieBiker
AG
Forgot to say, I've been to many football games at TCU going as far back as the late 80s. I think the campus is very nice and in a good area of Fort Worth. I was also at Ark when we played in Fayetteville in Johnny's final year. Also a pretty campus but the fans are worse.
jkag89
Sean98 said:

What argument are we even having here?
Whether Natty Championships in sports you don't care about personally matter or not.
swimmerbabe11
Duke vs NC state.. 6-0 grand slam and a hr right after. Duke is nasty
dixichkn
AG
dermdoc said:

Looks miserably hot at Hoover.

It was pretty damn warm today. No lie
dixichkn
AG
Sitting in this stadium watching swamptard v cocky

Gotta say, the rate at which both these teams make solid contact vs what we've been doing lately is alarming
LB12Diamond
AG
Just goes to show you how fast things can turn around.

Cocky had lost 6 SEC games in a row prior to this tourney. And LSU bats were not doing much prior to this week.
dixichkn
AG
STOOOOOOOOPID Cocky
Sean98
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

Duke vs NC state.. 6-0 grand slam and a hr right after. Duke is nasty
and yet they've pretty much sucked the last 3 weeks
PhatMack19
AG
LSU has the first 2 runners on in the 9th down 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.