2024 SEC Baseball Tournament (5/21 - 5/26)

73,468 Views | 897 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by Hornbeck
jkag89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
2024 SEC Baseball Tournament: Hoover Metropolitan Stadium - Hoover, AL
2024 SEC Tournament - Wiki Page

All Times Central & approximate since tournaments tend to get backed up
The Poll used D1 Baseball (SEC Tournament Seed)
TV: SEC Network, Sunday Championship Game on ESPN2

Tuesday May 21st (Single Elimination)
G1: (11) LSU 9 - (6) #11 Georgia 1 Box Score (uga Eliminated)
G2: (10) South Carolina 10 - (7) Bama 5 Box Score (The Tide rolled out of Hoover)
G3: (9) Florida 3 - (8) Vandy 6 Box Score (chomp chomp Eliminated)
G4: (12) Ole Miss 1- (5) #15 Mississippi St. 2 Box Score (hotty toddy Eliminated, season over)

Wednesday May 22nd (Double Elimination)
G5: (11) LSU 11 - (3) #2 Kentucky 0 (8) Box Score
G6: (10) South Carolina 6 - (2) #5 Arkansas 5 Box Score
G7: (8) Vandy 13 - (1) #1 Tennessee 4 Box Score
G8: (5) #15 Mississippi St. 5 - (4) #4 Fightin' Texas Aggies 3 Box Score

Thursday May 23rd (Double Elimination)
G9: (2) #5 Arkansas 6 - (3) #2 Kentucky 9 Box Score (pig back to Fayettenam)
G10: (4) #4 Fightin' Texas Aggies 4 -(1) #1 Tennessee 7 Box Score (Aggies are done )
G11: (11) LSU 11 - (10) South Carolina 10 Box Score
G12: (8) Vandy 4 - (5) #15 Mississippi St. 3 Box Score

Friday May 24th (Double Elimination)
G13: (10) South Carolina 6 - (3) #2 Kentucky 5 Box Score (Kentucky Eliminated)
G14:: (1) #1 Tennessee 6 - (5) #15 Mississippi St 5 Box Score

Saturday May 25th (Single Elimination}
G15 (10) South Carolina 11 - (11) LSU 12 (11) Box Score (chicken Eliminated)
G16: (1) #1 Tennessee 6 - (8) Vandy 4

Sunday May 26th (Championship Game)
Final: (1) #1 Tennessee 4 - (11) LSU 3 Box Score

Tennessee Volunteers the 2024 SEC Tournament Champions!

Other Regional Games of Possible Interest
Tuesday May 21st

Final: Rice 4 - #9 East Carolina 12 Box Score °
Final: TCU 5 - West Virginia 2 Box Score *
Final: tech 6 - #24 t.u. 4 Box Score *

Wednesday May 22nd
Final: Rice 9 - Alabama-Birmingham 0 Box Score °
Final: Incarnate Word 6 - Lamar 3 Box Score
Final: New Mexico St. 3 - Dallas Baptist 5 Box Score #
Final: TCU 0 - #8 Oklahoma 4 Box Score *
Final: Cincinnati 8 - #24 t.u. 7 Box Score (sippie Eliminated from the Big XII Tournament) *
Liberty vs Sam Houston St. (PPD to 5/23 due to inclement weather) #
Final: tech 2 - #19 Okie State 7 Box Score

Thursday May 23rd
Final: TCU 9 - K-State 4 Box Score (TCU Eliminated from Big XII Tournament) *
Final: Northwestern St. 5 - Lamar 12 Box Score
Final: Liberty 9 - Sam Houston St. 3 Box Score #
Final: Kansas 5 - #8 Oklahoma 7 Box Score *
Final: tech 10 - Cincinnati 5 Box Score *
Final: Florida International 2 - Dallas Baptist 8 Box Score #

Friday May 24th
Final: Lamar 18 vs Incarnate Word 8 (7) Box Score
Final: Middle Tennessee St. 0 - Sam Houston St. 2 Box Score #
Final: TCU 10 - Kansas 11 Box Score *
Final: Kansas 6 - #8 Oklahoma 8 Box Score *
Final: Rice 7 - East Carolina 8 Box Score (Rice Eliminated, Owls season over) °
Final: Lamar 18 - McNeese St. 9 Box Score
Final: #19 Okie State 4 - tech 0 Box Score (tech Eliminated, tards season likely over) *
Final: Sam Houston St. 3 - la tech 5 Box Score (SHSU Eliminated, Sam season is over) #

Saturday May 25th
Final: Western Kentucky 5 - Dallas Baptist 7 Box Score
Final: McNeese St. 14 - Lamar 4 (7) Box Score (Lamar Eliminated, Cardinal season most likely done)
Final: #19 Okie St. 9 - #8 Oklahoma 3 Box Score

Sunday May 26th
Final: Dallas Baptist 17 - la tech 10 Box Score

° 2024 AAC Baseball Tournament: BayCare Ballpark - Clearwater, FL
* 2024 Big XII Baseball Tournament: Globe Life Field - Arlington, TX
# 2024 CUSA Baseball Tournament: J.C. Love Field at Pat Patterson Park - Ruston, LA
2024 SLC Baseball Tournament: Pat Kenelly Diamond at Alumni Field - Hammond, LA
Sean98
AG
I hate this tourney, but let's do it!!
ChemEng94
AG
Thanks for putting this together.
trouble
AG
Psst. Go check your spelling on our game
10Aggie10
AG
BDF with that funky bracket. For example, sips (3-seed) have to beat tenth seed tceh to get to the quarterfinals, but #2 Okie State has to win against 5th-seeded Cincy
jkag89
trouble said:

Psst. Go check your spelling on our game

LB12Diamond
AG
Will be a fun week with no stress. Just stay healthy Ags!
jkag89
Okie State gets a bye like OU. OU will face the lowest seeded team to advance from Tuesday's slate of games and oSu the next lowest.
jkag89
LB12Diamond said:

Will be a fun week with no stress. Just stay healthy Ags!
My thoughts exactly. The week of conference tourneys are a ton of fun..
dabo man
AG
No link to the ACC? That's the only other conference tournament I ever watch.
RED AG 98
AG
Indeed. Even moreso when we have zero work to do and are therefore 100% inconsequential in the grand scheme.
Aggie12B
AG
Thanks for doing this thread , John
We Really appreciate it
BiochemAg97
AG
jkag89 said:

Okie State gets a bye like OU. OU will face the lowest seeded team to advance from Tuesday's slate of games and oSu the next lowest.

I think the oddity is the highest seeded winners from Tuesday get a bye on Wednesday. If sips beat Tech, they skip Wednesday and end up playing the winner of Oklahoma State vs (5) or (8) On Wednesday.

Harder path for #2 to get to game #12 compared to #3, who also gets a rest day on Wednesday.
Sean98
AG
ACC and SEC are the best quality of ball but they're boring to me because there's very little on the line.

The Fun Belt, Coastal, A-SUN... Those are the tourneys to watch.
dabo man
AG
I've advocated cancelling both tournaments, having the regular season champs play a best 3 of 5 this week, and calling that winner the national champ. This year, that series is North Carolina and Tennessee. Let the higher RPI (UNC) host the first two games.
McInnis80
Why is the SEC in Hoover while the AAC is in Clearwater Beach? Screw the Corn Dogs and their RVs.
jkag89
dabo man said:

No link to the ACC? That's the only other conference tournament I ever watch.
Then start your own thread.
Sean98
fightintxag13
AG
Yeah that bracket is really funky. The advantage in that setup to being a 1 or 2 seed, is one less game if you fall into the loser's bracket. It's a disadvantage for your first matchup compared to the 3 and 4 seeds.
Sean98
AG
dabo man said:

I've advocated cancelling both tournaments, having the regular season champs play a best 3 of 5 this week, and calling that winner the national champ. This year, that series is North Carolina and Tennessee. Let the higher RPI (UNC) host the first two games.
I'm on the road today and can't research it but would be curious of the last 10 or 20 National champs how many actually won their conference regular season?
HoustonAg2106
AG
Sean98 said:

dabo man said:

I'm on the road today and can't research it but would be curious of the last 10 or 20 National champs how many actually won their conference regular season?

I know for sure the last 3 did not (LSU, Ole Miss,
and Miss St)
trouble
AG
Sean98 said:

dabo man said:

Is the weather better today?
jkag89
BiochemAg97 said:

jkag89 said:

I think the oddity is the highest seeded winners from Tuesday get a bye on Wednesday. If sips beat Tech, they skip Wednesday and end up playing the winner of Oklahoma State vs (5) or (8) On Wednesday.

Harder path for #2 to get to game #12 compared to #3, who also gets a rest day on Wednesday.
Now that is odd. I did not look that far into it since we're not involved. In an attempt to .get as many teams into the NCAAs the conferences have expanded their tournerys to an extent many of them are filled with quirks such as this (or the SEC's double elimination until its not). Now ask Texas St. if they wish the Sun Belt Conference such a quirky set up instead of the the league having a traditional 8 team tourney for a 14 team league.
jkag89
McInnis80 said:

Why is the SEC in Hoover while the AAC is in Clearwater Beach? Screw the Corn Dogs and their RVs.
If I remember correctly that tourney got interrupted a lot by rain last year and isn't that the main reason folks believe it should be moved out of Hoover.
Sean98
AG
2023 - LSU, no
2022 - Ole Miss, no
2021 - Hail State, no
2020 - what season?
2019 - Vandy, Yes
2018 - Oregon State, no
2017 - Florida, Yes-tie
2016 - Coastal, yes
2015 - Virginia, no
2014 - Vandy, no
2013 - UCLA, Yes
2012 - Arizona, Yes-tie
2011 - South Carolina, Yes, 3 way tie
Sean98
AG
trouble said:

Sean98 said:

dabo man said:

Is the weather better today?
I lived the movie Twister but with more rain and hail yesterday. So anything is better.

And yes, it's better.
Scotty Appleton
dabo man said:

So, the ACC, which has won a grand total of 1 CWS over the past 50+ years should have an auto birth in a NC series? Ha ha ha ha.
trouble
AG
I saw. Glad today is better.
the Blur
jkag89 said:

BiochemAg97 said:

jkag89 said:

Now that is odd. I did not look that far into it since we're not involved. In an attempt to .get as many teams into the NCAAs the conferences have expanded their tournerys to an extent many of them are filled with quirks such as this (or the SEC's double elimination until its not). Now ask Texas St. if they wish the Sun Belt Conference such a quirky set up instead of the the league having a traditional 8 team tourney for a 14 team league.

Speaking of Texas State.

They tied Georgia State in the standings, while Georgia State had the easier conference strength of schedule…tiebreaker was head-to-head against southern miss. Georgia State won two at home, while Texas State dropped two in Hattiesburg

Thems the breaks
AgEng06
AG
Here's to playing in all of the late games.
jkag89
AgEng06 said:

Here's to playing in all of the late games.
The late games tend to be very late especially when weather is added to the mix but since we are in that bracket, here's to playing evening games until the weekend.
AgEng06
AG
Yeah, for sure. I really meant only because those are the winner's bracket games. I prefer day games for watching because I work at home and it's easier to watch them. Our evenings are filled up with All-Star practices and such.
Detective Jake Peralta
AG
If you need something to get though your Monday...

Game 2 of the Patriot League Championship Series between Army and Navy is starting now on ESPN+.

Army won 11-8 yesterday and can clinch the autobid with another win today.
Gyles Marrett
So since it seems to happen every year, when is it expected to start pouring in Hoover so some games are starting at 11 pm?
trouble
AG
Amazingly, not until Friday

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.