2024 SEC Baseball Tournament (5/21 - 5/26)

67,902 Views | 897 Replies | Last: 28 days ago by Hornbeck
W
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
the final four in the Pac-12 tournament:

Arizona, Cal, Stanford, and Southern Cal

good chance for a bid-stealer
W
AG
the committee does have a history of sending sub .500 (in conference play) SEC teams to the west coast as a bit of a punishment

however that might be Alabama's fate this year as the last SEC team in the field
twk
AG
W said:

the committee does have a history of sending sub .500 (in conference play) SEC teams to the west coast as a bit of a punishment

however that might be Alabama's fate this year as the last SEC team in the field
An SEC team getting sent to a regional hosted by a 9-16 seed isn't exactly a punishment. I bet you Jay Johnson would sign up for a trip to Santa Barbara.
dabo man
AG
Watching the Southland Conference Tournament from Hammond, LA. This is an elimination game between Lamar and UIW. Big Red is up 8-0 in the top of 3. Just turned it on and missed all of the scoring. I'm pulling hard for the Cards, hoping they make regionals, and hoping they don't get sent to Olsen (where I can't root for them).
dabo man
AG
Also, at The Hibachi, Kansas is up 9-3 on TCU in the top of 3.

Sorry swimmer.
dermdoc
AG
Frogs coming back 9-6. They just had over a fifteen minute review.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Sean98
AG
twk said:

W said:

An SEC team getting sent to a regional hosted by a 9-16 seed isn't exactly a punishment. I bet you Jay Johnson would sign up for a trip to Santa Barbara.
We'll see how it plays out, but I think Oregon State is a lot better than the respect they seem to be getting. They can really hit. They've had some bad losses, but I've watched them a few times and have come away impressed with their bats in particular.

UCSB is maybe the hottest team in the country right now but have been doing it vs. sub-par competition so I'm not as convinced there. I have been banging the drum for them to be a host (and fighting with the D1 boys about it) for about 5 weeks now, so I'm going to go ahead and declare victory on that one.
Marcus Aurelius
AG
I really hope Vols beat State. I live in MS and the State fans are insufferable now.
swimmerbabe11
I still havent figured out what the protest was about
dermdoc
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

I still havent figured out what the protest was about

Neither did I. But I am keeping grandkids so a little distracted.

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
swimmerbabe11
Kirk Sarloos "who give's a **** that's out"

Priceless in game interview

dermdoc
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

Kirk Sarloos "who give's a **** that's out"

Priceless in game interview

Agree. Love it.
dabo man
AG
Lamar putting a beat down on UIW. 18-2 in the top of 6.
twk
AG
dabo man said:

Lamar putting a beat down on UIW. 18-2 in the top of 6.
I wouldn't want Lamar at our regional unless they came as a 3, which they might deserve, but which they probably won't get. Go McNeese.
dabo man
AG
When I was a kid, Lamar/McNeese was a big rivalry (probably still is). Two refinery town commuter schools only 60 miles apart. As much as Beaumont lacked growing up, I was always thankful to not live in Lake Charles. Go Big Red!

EDIT - Lamar wins 18-6 by run rule in 7 innings. They play McNeese game after next.
dabo man
AG
Big fly for TCU and they've tied Kansas. 10-10 in the top of 7.
swimmerbabe11
i was in the tcu baseball discord typing "its okay we only got one run on the bases loaded. chip away. Boyers Bomb right HEREOMGTIESITUP I SPOKE IT INTO EXISTENCE"
twk
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

i was in the tcu baseball discord typing "its okay we only got one run on the bases loaded. chip away. Boyers Bomb right HEREOMGTIESITUP I SPOKE IT INTO EXISTENCE"
Kansas has some experience giving up a 9 run lead.
swimmerbabe11
11% of our season total homeruns have been scored in this game.
dermdoc
AG
Tough decision on whether to bunt or not by TCU. And Kansas wins 11-10.
jkag89
The OP is up to date at the moment. Since the Ags decided to take the weekend off, I'm going to do something besides watch college baseball today. May or may not update late tonight, if not then not until sometime tomorrow morning.
trouble
AG
Lazy bum.
Sean98
AG
I've always liked Tarleton State given I used to live in that general vicinity and had friends go there. ...unfortunately I am old enough that I CAN NOT, WILL NOT abide these stupid kids wearing their baseball pants up at mid-thigh. Therefore, I hope they lose (they're currently up 3-0).
Decay
AG
Sean98 said:

I've always liked Tarleton State given I used to live in that general vicinity and had friends go there. ...unfortunately I am old enough that I CAN NOT, WILL NOT abide these stupid kids wearing their baseball pants up at mid-thigh. Therefore, I hope they lose (they're currently up 3-0).
Initially I was going to blow off this post as old man yells at clouds... but did you say MID THIGH??
AgEng06
AG
Sean98 said:

Worse than Mershon at Miss State?
Sean98
AG
Decay said:

Sean98 said:

Initially I was going to blow off this post as old man yells at clouds... but did you say MID THIGH??
There's about 5 players wearing them that way. Pitcher is maybe only 2" above the knee. They have 2 kids that are wearing them a good 6-8" above the knee. It looks like their pants are shorts filled with air.

Yes, worse than Mershon.
Sean98
AG
That said, it's 5-1 Tarleton and neither of these teams has much offense. Looks like ACU is going to get to play two today.

Back-to-Back bases loaded HBP makes it 6-1. A single up the middle makes it 7-1. This game is over (only bottom 5).

9-1 now.
PhatMack19
AG
He's safe at 2nd. He never touched the base
PhatMack19
AG
PhatMack19 said:

Both teams are challenging it
twk
AG
Big game coming up tonight for State against UT.

State is sitting at 20 in the RPI, which likely isn't going to be good enough for them to host. But, a win against UT might just do the trick. A loss, however, probably ensures that they are stuck in the 20s and end up a 2 seed.
Sean98
AG
PhatMack19 said:

There's at least 10 games taking place right now. Care to at least tell us which conference?
Sean98
AG
twk said:

Big game coming up tonight for State against UT.

State is sitting at 20 in the RPI, which likely isn't going to be good enough for them to host. But, a win against UT might just do the trick. A loss, however, probably ensures that they are stuck in the 20s and end up a 2 seed.
I can't root for UT but I can just ignore the game and be okay with either outcome. ...especially if it means State loses.
Sean98
AG
In a game the Pirates led 7-1, East Carolina survives Rice 8-7.The Owls are eliminated.
Sean98
AG
jkag89 said:

The OP is up to date at the moment. Since the Ags decided to take the weekend off, I'm going to do something besides watch college baseball today. May or may not update late tonight, if not then not until sometime tomorrow morning.
I fully support you not paying attention to baseball that isn't worth paying attention to. In fact, kudos to you.
Sean98
AG
So KU raced out to a 9-0 lead against TCU before white knuckling their way to an 11-10 win. They tried to do the same in game 2 leading the Sooners 6-0 before falling 8-6. An up and down season for the Jayhawks likely comes to an end.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.