2024 SEC Baseball Tournament (5/21 - 5/26)

67,898 Views | 897 Replies | Last: 28 days ago by Hornbeck
PhatMack19
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
LSU ties it on a sac fly that looked like it was gone off the bat
PhatMack19
AG
LSU leads 11-10. Tommy Tanks robbed of a HR
swimmerbabe11
just need to pick it back up. they were my way to early preseason dark horse to win it all
sharpdressedman
Lsu is in their usual postseason winning mode.
dixichkn
AG
Disgusting. A lot of corndog fans actually packed it up and headed out when they got down 10-7. I was surprised by that. It's not like they don't have the sticks to come back
BmtAg96
AG
What will lsus seeding be if they win the conference tournament?
jkag89
They'll be a #2 Seed like we were last year when we got to Sunday in the Tournament.
BmtAg96
AG
In the A&M regional?
Luke The Drifter
AG
BmtAg96 said:

In the A&M regional?

Probably so…along with Florida at 3 and Auburn at 4.
But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
dabo man
AG
I'm gonna get Cags autograph!!
jkag89
BmtAg96 said:

In the A&M regional?
The only time teams of the same conference were placed in the same regional was the spring immediately following 9/11. So no, the earliest we might see LSU is in a Super Regional and only if they are placed in the Regional paired with ours and they win it.
jkag89
dabo man said:

I'm gonna get The Cags autograph!!
FIFY
LSU Baseball Fan
I think the hardest step of the postseason for this LSU team will actually be the regional next weekend. Even more than the super regional and Omaha. We have enough reliable pitching for about 2 1/2 games in 3 days. Having to play more than 3 games in 3 or 4 days would really stretch us to the limit, and Thatcher Hurd and Christian Little still can't be relied on for more than about 2 innings, as we saw today. But we can beat any team in the country in a best of 3 series with Holman and Jump, and nobody will want this LSU team in their way in the postseason. The Omaha format is more forgiving to teams without a ton of bullpen depth.

I'm really proud of this LSU team. They easily could have given up after that brutal 6-week stretch where we started 3-12 in SEC play and lost a ton of heartbreakers. But they kept fighting, and seem to have figured a lot out. Now we're playing like we did at the start of the season. They can beat anyone the way they're playing right now.
W
AG
LSU's run could end up being very beneficial to the Ags

in that it sends the Tigers to the Norman regional as the 2-seed

and thus frees up DBU or LaTech to be the 2-seed in College Station
swimmerbabe11
who I'd staying up for the vandy game?
LSU Baseball Fan
La Tech is a good team. Lots of good upperclassmen hitters. I can see them winning a regional as a 2 seed or 3 seed, for sure.

They've built a good program in Ruston with a cool ballpark.
PhatMack19
AG
The amphibious guy is pitching
missinAggieland
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

I'll probably watch most of it. Still on the road back from Hoover to Nashville.
dabo man
AG
Let's go Clanga!!
missinAggieland
AG
Vandy is already looking shaky.
HBP in 1st inning and a shaky throw to second base. No harm so far, but it could get ugly.
trouble
AG
I'm working on little league stats so I'll be up for a bit
missinAggieland
AG
Vandy takes 2-0 lead in the 3rd.
dixichkn
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

I'm still in the stadium. Trying to teach these State fans how to properly rag an ump.

Bout to hang it up though. It's been a long day and my phone is at 2%
missinAggieland
AG
dixichkn said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

I'm still in the stadium. Trying to teach these State fans how to properly rag an ump.

The state fans were shockingly uneducated in baseball. 10,000 attendance their home games. They have a natty. And yet don't really understand the subtleties of the game.
nereus
AG
W said:

OU would be a plane trip for LSU.
dixichkn
AG
missinAggieland said:

dixichkn said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

The state fans were shockingly uneducated in baseball. 10,000 attendance their home games. They have a natty. And yet don't really understand the subtleties of the game.

I noticed that. Friendly enough people but not super baseball-smart. Not like I'm a baseball encyclopedia or anything, but still
RED AG 98
AG
State scores 2 in the 9th to make it interesting, but it's not quite enough. Vandy wins 4-3.
Sean98
AG
nereus said:

W said:

But anywhere LSU goes will be a plane trip. Tallahassee would be the closest non-SEC regional. So that's not really a factor. Texas, DBU, LaTech and ULaLa are all bus trips to College Station.

I still think the most likely scenario is texas or Louisiana in College Station, LaTech at WooPig and DBU at OU.
LB12Diamond
AG
I just don't see us getting Texas at home.
hsjnlssmith89
AG
Just a note of order on the OP, Game 9 should read Arky - 6. This is not an attempt to be a jerk. I greatly appreciate thst you keep this thread updated. Thanks.
jkag89
Not a jerk, I greatly appreciate help. I know I make frequent Es on the threads this time of year. The week of conference tourneys and the regionals weekend can be a chore at times.
trouble
AG
That was way more polite than the rest of us are
Sean98
AG
I can't wait for him to make another E so I can prove your point.
Sean98
AG
Some bubbles popped yesterday and likely today...

Austin Peay, maybe the most explosive offense in the country eliminated from their 1 bid league yesterday so they're done-zo.

Indiana State and East Carolina both in elimination games today. Both safely in the tournament but their Host possibilities and the hopes and dreams of at-large bubble teams hang in the balance.

I'm sure there's others I'll see as we move along. I think ACC is fine with pool play now and the Big10 is entering a critical stretch. Nebraska and Illinois are their only at-large worthy teams so if Penn St, etc happens to run the table it'll be a bid steal.
twk
AG
Sean98 said:

nereus said:

W said:

But anywhere LSU goes will be a plane trip. Tallahassee would be the closest non-SEC regional. So that's not really a factor. Texas, DBU, LaTech and ULaLa are all bus trips to College Station.

I still think the most likely scenario is texas or Louisiana in College Station, LaTech at WooPig and DBU at OU.
You know that when the committee gets down to where to send LSU, all the ACC and Big XII schools will be lobbying to send them elsewhere so that they are not overrrun by LSU fans. I would not be surprised to see them sent out to the west coast, again.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.