Home Improvement
Sponsored by

Energy Ogre

126,000 Views | 643 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BourbonAg
MrJonMan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just signed up & sent my info

Not a fan of paying before knowing if they can do anything or not, but it's just $10.

Info sent so just a waiting game now
tamu2009
AG
quote:
Just signed up & sent my info

Not a fan of paying before knowing if they can do anything or not, but it's just $10.

Info sent so just a waiting game now
If they can't do anything to help you they will refund that. I paid upfront and when I told them I had an ETF they said they'd run the numbers and refund me my $10 if the numbers didn't work out for me.
Vernada
AG
just signed up.
TennAg
"Where do you get your energy in this world? It's a simple question..."

seriously, I'd love to get out of my co-op

txaggie_2011
AG
quote:
"Where do you get your energy in this world? It's a simple question..."
"Energy is becoming more and more of a factor in everyone's life."
MrJonMan
AG
Still waiting to hear back from them
bedofbrass33
AG
quote:
Still waiting to hear back from them

Call them. They aren't the best at following up on leads.
Blanco Jimenez
AG
Just got my first bill. I went from $311 to $67!!!!! Whoa!
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
That's awesome. What are you going to do with all the money you are saving?
REPUBLICAg
Has anyone had a renewal that they didn't agree with?

They signed me up with a different company (Discount Power) today on a 12 month fixed rate at 500 kWh - 6.9, 1,000 kWh - 6.7 and 2000 kWh - 6.6

I found a few that were better rates (4-5 cents per kWh) with either a 3 month contract or 6-7 month. Do they just sign you to a 12 month to get you out of their hair for a year?

I have been happy with their service but I am left scratching my head a bit.
LostInLA07
AG
Did the others have a fixed monthly fee in addition to the per kWh price?
REPUBLICAg
Yes they are all fixed. When I initially signed up about 6 months ago I disagreed as well with their choice and a guy called me and we went with another plan.
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
They might have found you a plan without an ETF. That is a pretty good price for a 12 month plan.
REPUBLICAg
Well they actually emailed me back within an hour and explained why they did what they did. Great customer service. I wish they would send a monthly useage/ comparison statement and track in that manner. Maybe thats not in their best interest.

Honestly my useage is so small I am beginning to think energy ogre may not be worth it long term. I will stay for now. We did save several hundred the first 6 months but that was in comparison to a ridiculous contract my SO signed without me knowing.
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
Just switched me to Discount Power. $0.074 kWh on 2000 kWh. Also on a 12 month plan. Kind of interesting but that isn't a bad price. I'll be curious to see if they try to switch it around in a few months. It has a $125 ETF attached to it.

Looking at the documents, this plan has $0.0729 delivery charge that is included in the quoted price, which means I'm paying less than 1/2 cent for energy. It says in bold letters on the contract that it includes delivery fee of that amount. Does that seem right?
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
On another note, I got my last bill from Cirro and it was $127, which after Ogres fee gets me another $90 in the bank.
LostInLA07
AG
I just received a bill with a credit. -$8.64. Definitely the lowest bill I've ever had. This was for our garage apartment, which has very little usage.
MrJonMan
AG
They just put me in a 6 month with Gexa with a base price of 3.66 cents/kW and they said after my ETF fee from Bounce, projected savings are $435-700, so we went for it.

Edit: I was at 8.9/kW with bounce
tamu2009
AG
quote:
They just put me in a 6 month with Gexa with a base price of 3.66 cents/kW and they said after my ETF fee from Bounce, projected savings are $435-700, so we went for it.

Screw bounce. Cancel your auto pay NOW and watch your final bill for over charging your final bill. They over charged me a d it took 2 months and 5 calls to get refunded. Ended up calling a private customer service number I found on the Austin BBB forum to get it done r I probably still wouldn't have my money back.
MrJonMan
AG
quote:
quote:

Screw bounce. Cancel your auto pay NOW and watch your final bill for over charging your final bill. They over charged me a d it took 2 months and 5 calls to get refunded. Ended up calling a private customer service number I found on the Austin BBB forum to get it done r I probably still wouldn't have my money back.

I wasn't on auto pay but just my final bill, seems to be normal.
tamu2009
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

I wasn't on auto pay but just my final bill, seems to be normal.

Consider yourself lucky you don't have to deal with that headache
AW 1880
AG
I didn't use energy ogre but thought I would share my latest bill from gexa. $50 total for approximately 1200 kWh. TDU charge was $42 of the $50, meaning I paid less than $8 for a month of electricity. I don't see how anyone other than the TDSPs make money. I know the generators make all of their money in the winter and summer but it's crazy how cheap electricity is.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
Got my first bill, energy ogre has me with Discount Power.

October bill was $16.07
MrJonMan
AG
My first bill was $38. But only for 16 days of use.

Also we have a pool so my usage is usually higher than an average house.
redag06
I was reluctant to sign up, because I had racked up close to $900 in rewards with Bounce, but they had slowed considerably. My first 2 months with Energy Ogre/ Gexa has been 1/4 of my bills with Bounce during the same months.
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
Got bill from November with new company. 1100 kWH charged $85. Saved another $130. Total savings from averaging billing with reliant $390ish in 7 months.
mm98
AG
That's it. I'm signing up Jan 1st when my contract is up. Too good not to try it.
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
Sign up now and tell them you want to start service Jan 1. They won't charge you until then and that will give them plenty of time to find the best solution for you.
mm98
AG
Thx. Didn't realize I could post-date the start.
Diggity
AG
They told me I couldn't do that. Maybe it's changed.
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
I had my switch date scheduled for 3 weeks or so after I actually signed up. They can work it to minimize your ETFs.
1agswitchin4lanes
AG
My november bill just came in. $14.06.
mm98
AG
Just switched. I think it's 2.2 cents plus certerpoint fees of 3.5 cents.

And monthly usage between 999-2000 gets a $40 credit.

6 month gexa plan that starts 12-21.
JobSecurity
AG
My November bill was $20.76 and I figured something was wrong. Nope!
helgs
AG
I'm stuck in a co-op paying a flat rate of $.10/kwh.

Nothing I can do. Well, at least it was great back when energy was well above that a few years ago. And it's nice being able to budget as I pretty much know exactly what my bill will be by looking at last year's data. But damn, all you people with your low bills.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.